• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which was your FAVORITE & LEAST fav. Pokemon Game?

Ck-2

Smash Cadet
I've been a Pokemon fan all my life, and I bet that even if you aren't a Pokemon follower, Pokemon was an important part of your gamers life.

My favorite Pokemon game was the Gold version. Mainly b/c when R/ B / Y were released, I was to young to get the hang of it 100%. Gold version also had the 16 gyms, including the two regions of Johto and Kanto, the 251 pokemon to get, the new attack list, and the fun I had with Pokemon Stadium 2.

As for the least favorite, I really don't know. May I say Pokemon Colloseum?

Anyways, which has been your favorite & least fav. Pokemon games of all times? And why?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah the Pokemon games were way funner than the show for sure. Pokemon Blue/Red was my favorite with a slight inclination to Blue because Squirtle is my favorite Pokemon.

Then Gold/Silver again leaning to Gold.

As for worse, probably Pokemon Snap? I don't know I didn't like it. Didn't try many games after that, and Yellow annoyed me.

Ck-2

Smash Cadet
Yellow annoyed you? But it had better graphics, all three starters, Jesse and James (oh, and Meowth), and the awesome Pikachu..

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Well, I didn't like the fact that Pikachu was important to the game. I didn't like using him in the game, there were way too many better Pokemon. That is mostly it. Storywise it was a bit better, and yeah the three starters were easy to get either way if you had a gameboy link, which I did. lol

The graphics weren't too big of a deal for me. I mostly just disliked the whole Pikachu thing, if they were going to make you use him they should have made him really good then.

Ck-2

Smash Cadet
LOL good point but remember that you can deposit Pikachu, no worries.

Oh, and by the way, when you trade your Pikachu to the G/S/C versions, it is holding Light Ball, which is pretty cool in my opinion. Anyways, yeah, Pikachu was pretty weak..

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Any Pikachu, or just Yellow version Pikachu? And what did Light Ball do again? I can't remember, I never played Gold competitively but I was a fan of leftovers on all my Pokemon, lol.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Light Ball increases the Special Attack of Pikachu (and only Pikachu), and through an obnoxious sequence of breeding it also allows you to breed Volt Tackle onto Pichu. It's normally only obtainable from a wild Pikachu, a 5% chance of finding one, so it's understandably desirable.

With PBR, you can also get it through beating the story mode (you get a Surfing Pikachu with Volt Tackle holding a Light Ball).

/random trivia

voomm

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon gold is my fav and any pokemon ranger are my least.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Favorite game(overall) - Pokemon Diamond/pearl/platinum because of the competitive scene.

Favorite game(in-game) - Gold

Least favorite - Pokemon Yellow because of that that **** pikachu.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Lay off the Yellow hate people :p

Yellow was the first pokemon game I got and I have such good memories of playing it so it's definitely my favourite. Not including spin-offs my least favourite is diamond/pearl.

Vorguen how can you not like Pokemon Snap that was an awesome game! I'm still hoping they bring out Pokemon Snap 2, it could make good use of the Wii remote by making it your camera, not to mention now we have 493 pokemon we could potentially be snapping pictures of.

Ck-2

Smash Cadet
Now that I remember, the WORST "game" (if it can be called one) was 'Hey You, Pikachu".

The point of "Hey you, Pikachu" was to talk thru a special microphone to your Pikachu and make him happy. :smash:

MBreeto

Smash Ace
My favorite has got to be Gold. I really wanted to say blue, but gold just had so much more without pushing the game beyond what it had to be in my opinion. My only complaint about Gold battery in the game. Once it dies, it's over. So annoying. My least favorite pokemon game would be... idk. I would say Pokemon Snap, but I actually enjoyed playing that game when I was young. That and pokemon pinball were pretty fun

D

Deleted member

I liked Silver. Silver was the one that perfected the story before it started getting repetitive.

I really hated Hey You Pikachu, Battle Revolution, and My Pokémon Ranch (I put the little accent on the é!).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Now I'll actually respond to the topic.

Of the MAIN ADVENTURES:

Favorite: Red/Blue

Least Favorite: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team

Red and Blue started the concept, and nailed it (obviously, or Pokemon would never have become popular). The Pokemon were imaginative and creative, but not wacky and/or stupid. The locales were interesting. The music was great (this is pretty much the best music in any Pokemon game, even if it is 8-bit, and this is both eerie, and nerve-racking). The Pokemon sprites may not have looked much like their concept art counterparts, but they looked so much more menacing and awesome that way. To top it off, LEGENDARIES. There were the least number of any Pokemon game, and you did not have to catch ANY of them. You didn't even have to know they existed. That's how they should've remained. In Smash Bros, they don't shove the characters in front of you and then make the only challenge beating them to unlock them. You actually have to accomplish something, and figure out what it is first. Moltres was hidden off the path in Victory Road, Articuno was in the depths of an off-to-the side island pair, Zapdos down a river in an abandoned Power Plant. Mewtwo was in an intense dungeon that had to be unlocked in the first place.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, on the other hand, I didn't care for at all. The whole battle and partner system I found confusing, it wasn't a very exciting game, the dungeons were all pretty much the same, so I eventually sold it to GameStop. Not that there aren't other games that I'm sort of wanting to sell and haven't gotten around to it yet *Cough*SuperMarioGalaxy*Cough*, but so far it's the only one I've ever sold back to the store.

Also, what's with all the Yellow/Snap hate? Snap was a weird spinoff, yes, but I always found it really fun. Nowadays I'll get an urge to play it every once in a while and it's short enough that I can finish it off in about an hour. While I dislike Yellow as far as first gen goes, it really wasn't that much different from the originals. Okay, there's a Pikachu. I think it's overrated too. So deposit it! Even if you have it with you, all it does is follow you. You have to interact for it to do anything else.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
If you think about it, the concept of pokemon snap is ********. Who would actually want to take pictures of pokemon that repeat the same animations every time you play the levels leaving pretty much no replay value whatsoever? Me. But really, do you remember the secret pokemon hidden in the rocks and stars and stuff? I used to know each level by heart, but that was years ago.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Light Ball increases the Special Attack of Pikachu (and only Pikachu), and through an obnoxious sequence of breeding it also allows you to breed Volt Tackle onto Pichu. It's normally only obtainable from a wild Pikachu, a 5% chance of finding one, so it's understandably desirable.

With PBR, you can also get it through beating the story mode (you get a Surfing Pikachu with Volt Tackle holding a Light Ball).

/random trivia
I got a light ball on the 3rd pikachu I caught :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd say my favorite would have to be Silver, least favorite being Pokemon Puzzle League. What were they thinkinggg?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you think about it, the concept of pokemon snap is ********. Who would actually want to take pictures of pokemon that repeat the same animations every time you play the levels leaving pretty much no replay value whatsoever? Me. But really, do you remember the secret pokemon hidden in the rocks and stars and stuff? I used to know each level by heart, but that was years ago.
Yeah, but there's also, once you get further in the game, Pokemon you have to "unlock", so to speak. Like Gyarados in the River level...god that one was annoying. None of them were incredibly difficult to figure out, but still.
They were still fixed animations, but as I said, it's not really that long. It's not really meant for replay value, although if they could add replay value instead of just having fixed animations and events in a sequel, that would be great.

And through my most recent playthrough of Snap, I finally got all three Jigglypuffs On Stage, which I had never been able to do before. Yay.

Ck-2

Smash Cadet
I never had the chance to really go in depth with Pokemon Snap.. but I still stick with "Hey You, Pikachu" as the worst "game" (if it can be called one) ever.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Yeah, but there's also, once you get further in the game, Pokemon you have to "unlock", so to speak. Like Gyarados in the River level...god that one was annoying. None of them were incredibly difficult to figure out, but still.
They were still fixed animations, but as I said, it's not really that long. It's not really meant for replay value, although if they could add replay value instead of just having fixed animations and events in a sequel, that would be great.

And through my most recent playthrough of Snap, I finally got all three Jigglypuffs On Stage, which I had never been able to do before. Yay.
oh gawd, I'm starting to remember gyrados. The worst was when you had to replay a level so you could get a pokemon in the beginning, but if you miss the shot, you either have to go through the rest of the whole level or restart.

Here's a link to the commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdrUCmxDPw

Apparently you could print stickers out of the pokemon you caught O.O

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Apparently you could print stickers out of the pokemon you caught O.O
Yeah, I remember that! I remember being at Blockbuster and seeing those things, but I could never figure out how to get my data there to print the stuff out...

Good times, good times...

/nostalgia

mzink*

Smash Ace
Aww I loved pokemon snap, I just enjoyed takin those pictures. My favorite would probably be Silver. Least favorite, ummm probably the pinball game, kind of boring to me. I enjoyed all of the regular versions though.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Yeah, I remember that! I remember being at Blockbuster and seeing those things, but I could never figure out how to get my data there to print the stuff out...

Good times, good times...

/nostalgia
lol me neither. I just found a complete walkthrough of the game on youtube and I'm going through it for nostalgia purposes. Apparently it's on virtual console. I might have to get it XD

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
lol me neither. I just found a complete walkthrough of the game on youtube and I'm going through it for nostalgia purposes. Apparently it's on virtual console. I might have to get it XD
That makes me want a pokemon snap 2 so badly.

It would work pretty well on the wii I think.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I actually think I heard that, in the VC version of Pokemon Snap, you can send photos to friends and stuff. I'm not 100% positive since I don't own the game for VC and will never own it for VC, but it makes sense and probably wouldn't have been too hard to do.

Yeah.

IGN said:
The classic 1999 N64 title, in which players take pictures of their Pokemon, will hit the service with a brand new feature for the Wii: the ability to send pics to friends. You'll be able to post your pics as messages to the Wii Message Board and send them along with comments to friends in your friend list.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I actually think I heard that, in the VC version of Pokemon Snap, you can send photos to friends and stuff. I'm not 100% positive since I don't own the game for VC and will never own it for VC, but it makes sense and probably wouldn't have been too hard to do.

Yeah.
It's official, I'm buying it on wii :)

Mewter

Smash Master

I lost mine a few months ago:cry:
The agony!!!
Yellow all the way. The first pokemon game I ever got, and my gameboy came with it. Actually, my first Nintendo game besides OoT. Why!?!?!

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I'd say 1st and 2nd gen were my favorites. R/B/Y were amazing and introduced me to Pokemon, as well as RPG's. Silver improved it in EVERY way, adding new things, and letting you still do what was in the previous games. Crystal only improved on THAT.

I guess since then it's only gotten worse, but they're still fun.

Top Bottom