• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

i.eatnoobs

Smash Rookie
missingno ftw!
but seriously, i think that pokemon who had a somewhat noticebly 'big' role or stood out in in both the game and the anime. Pikachu of course, but i believe that including someone like Meowth would be a good addition. I was quite suprised he didn't make it. I, opinion-wise, only like the first-generation. But thats just me. The inclusion of Blaziken would be weird cause then were ahem...'dissing' the other 'evolved' forms of the generation. Plus, pokemon had a lot of characters from melee. I also heard that jiggs wasn't gonna be brawl. I donno if thats true or not but they said that Jiggs was supposed to be cut from melee but was added anyways O.o
I think Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan (along with pikachu of course) would be PERFECT for brawl

kaid

Smash Master
Also, is the only reason Lucario's winning because of his (bad) movie?
As much as I disagree with your included opinion, the answer to your question is no. Lucario is a humanshape pokemon, with unique typing, and a variety of potential energy projectiles, while retaining fighting type moves for normal attacks. He is known to learn the move (pokeball) Hitmonlee used in Smash 64, which would make an ideal unique recovery move. He and Munchlax are the posterchilds of the 4th gen of pokemon, which sold over 1.5 million copies and half a million DSlites in only 3 days... which is over 4 times faster than NSMB.

The movie (which is better than any of the OTHER pokemon movies, at least in the Japaneese version) is just the icing on the cake, as it were.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Do you think they will go with a more popular pokemon, or a not so popular char. so to draw more intrest in pokemon? That is to say if they even add a new pokemon.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Ive been kinda out of the pokemon loop since silver n gold but those new guys Blazkien and lucario look pretty sweet

TJZ

Smash Rookie
Missingno would be amazing! a floating blob of pixels...YAY PIxELS.
Anyway, I think Deoxys and that evolution of Scyther would be good, as they are balenced, and fit my "smash bros worthy" kinda thing.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Add everyone. The more the merrier
Too bad we don't have the room! Imagine the thought of having 100 characters to choose from for the NEXT SSB on whatever the next Nintendo console will be in 2015!!:lick:

Blaziken FTL. Lucario is fairly human-shaped already and it is a fighting type as well (Fighting/Steel to be precise). Not only that, but I still stand by Swampert as the 3rd Gen starter for Brawl.:) I'll always support my Miko.

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
I really only want to see Blaziken come in as the new pokemon. He is really one that deems his self worthy of being in the game.

MattB22890

Smash Cadet
How about

How about Raichu, so there would be the whole pikachu assortment
Or wigglytuff or igglybuff so there would be the whole jiggly assortment

oh wait not igglybuff
he would be killed in 1 hit

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Yeah Deoxys probably have one of the best chances to make the game. Not seeing them in the game would be very shocking to say the very least.

iCaRuS kiD

Smash Rookie
I think 100% LUCARIO becasue in each game they always have a new legendary pokemon in the first game it was the legendary birds in the second game it was the legendary dogs and Lugia now for brawl its gonna be the diamond/pearl pokemon and Lucario

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
I think 100% LUCARIO becasue in each game they always have a new legendary pokemon in the first game it was the legendary birds in the second game it was the legendary dogs and Lugia now for brawl its gonna be the diamond/pearl pokemon and Lucario
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lucario isn't a legendary pokemon which I myself find quite strange. Anyways there's already two legendary pokemon chosen for diamond and pearl. I'm still with Lucario 100% as he's got basically the most support on this forum.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lucario isn't a legendary pokemon which I myself find quite strange. Anyways there's already two legendary pokemon chosen for diamond and pearl. I'm still with Lucario 100% as he's got basically the most support on this forum.
There are actually 14 new legendaries in Diamond and Pearl. I think Lucario's movie was only for showing off some of the new Pokemon without spoiling any of the new legendaries. I agree Lucario would fit as a playable character. I never thought Lucario would fit as a legendary pokemon though.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Back on track...

I vote Psyduck for his unimaginable potential. Top tier = God tier = Psyduck tier, m i rite?

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
There are actually 14 new legendaries in Diamond and Pearl. I think Lucario's movie was only for showing off some of the new Pokemon without spoiling any of the new legendaries. I agree Lucario would fit as a playable character. I never thought Lucario would fit as a legendary pokemon though.
:eek: Wow that's a lot.

Anyways Lucario could've been a legendary if his stats were tweaked a bit. It just seems strange to me that there'll be numerous Lucarios running around when only one's been trained by Sir Aaron.

Psyduck would be a little funny but I think Golduck would be more suitable. Then comes the Lucario > Golduck:chuckle:.

smash-aholic

Smash Cadet
i think that Psyduck would be better than Golduck because in the original tv show for pokemon Psyduck got alot more attention than Golduck. AND 14 LEGENDARY POKEMON would be dumb. because the term legendary would imply VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY rare. and if there 14 random legendaries out there its just kinda pointless to call them legendary...
and Jacker, there have been multiple sightings of 4 Mewtwos running around Hightrule Temple.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
i think that Psyduck would be better than Golduck because in the original tv show for pokemon Psyduck got alot more attention than Golduck. AND 14 LEGENDARY POKEMON would be dumb. because the term legendary would imply VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY rare. and if there 14 random legendaries out there its just kinda pointless to call them legendary...
and Jacker, there have been multiple sightings of 4 Mewtwos running around Hightrule Temple.
Props: we'd better get Sir Aaron's teaching plans so we can teach all other Lucario wanna-bes to use aura as well:p. Attention, potential: no difference right? No! Just keep in mind that Golduck can use the same exact moves as Psyduck and is more intelligent by what I've seen for the matter;).

kaid

Smash Master
In Diamond/Pearl, the trainer who gives you the Rioru egg (which evolves into Lucario) has a Lucario himself, and looks JUST like Auron in the movie.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
In Diamond/Pearl, the trainer who gives you the Rioru egg (which evolves into Lucario) has a Lucario himself, and looks JUST like Auron in the movie.
Alright but that means it must've come from a female Lucario, which is different from the Lucario Aaron trained. The reasons why he's not legendary though are:

1. Gender: Male. Legendaries have unknown genders.

2. Low stats: There are rare pokemon out there that aren't legendary, but the strong ones are legends.

3. Stage 1: Legendaries are their own category. Lucario though, is a stage 1 pokemon meaning he's evolved from the lowest basic pokemon in the chain: Rioru.

4. Pokedex: Legendaries are usually at the end of the pokedex according to their generation. Lucario; some spot in the dex, not the end!

I was going to say types but eventually there's got to be a legendary pokemon for every single type (at least if the saga lasts that long). Still a little shameful that he's not legendary but that's IMO.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Lucario didn't seem like he'd make a good legendary when I first saw him =/. Plus there's already a Legendary for every single type if you count Aruseus holding a plate. There's a different plate for each type to change Aruseus's type so he could become a pure flying or bug or some other type.

For some reason, I think Lucario was created to get attention so that they would put him in the next Smash Bros game to represent the fourth generation. That's just a feeling I got when I first saw him though =/.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
Lucario didn't seem like he'd make a good legendary when I first saw him =/. Plus there's already a Legendary for every single type if you count Aruseus holding a plate. There's a different plate for each type to change Aruseus's type so he could become a pure flying or bug or some other type.

For some reason, I think Lucario was created to get attention so that they would put him in the next Smash Bros game to represent the fourth generation. That's just a feeling I got when I first saw him though =/.
When I first saw him, I figured he looked ok. Of course I didn't know what he was capable of which led into my appreciation for him. I doubt he was created for attention: many other pokemon must've been created for that purpose too then [/sarcasm]. Fans just come along the line and all of a sudden they become popular.

I wouldn't count Aruseus because it (if it is legendary) cheated. I meant a legendary for steel, fighting, lightning, etc., not just someone who sounds like a porygon rip-off and just categorizes as all: the original type is the one you count IMO.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I wouldn't count Aruseus because it (if it is legendary) cheated.
Well it's a legendary with all the base stats at 120. It's so cheap because it's supposedly the creation Pokemon which created all the Pokemon...well probably not the manmade ones, but all the others. That is pretty much why it was cheap. I have no idea why the game designer decided to make him. Another reason you could tell he's legendary is because you need to go to a Nintendo Event to get the Heaven's Pipe (or w/e it's called) to get to him, which he will be at level 80. Personally I find him way too cheap with his high stats and array of attacks he can learn, but it's still possible to beat him.

I'm not saying he should be in SSBB as a playable character. He could randomly appear on some new Pokemon stage to attack, but that is probably not going to happen.

kaid

Smash Master
^it's actualy a bit harder than that. You have to have all 490+ other pokemon caught, before you can get the item that allows you to face Aruseus.

kaid

Smash Master
Alright but that means it must've come from a female Lucario, which is different from the Lucario Aaron trained. The reasons why he's not legendary though are:

1. Gender: Male. Legendaries have unknown genders.

2. Low stats: There are rare pokemon out there that aren't legendary, but the strong ones are legends.

I was going to say types but eventually there's got to be a legendary pokemon for every single type (at least if the saga lasts that long). Still a little shameful that he's not legendary but that's IMO.
You forgot that he's got a pre-evo, Rioru, and that he's in the wrong end of the pokedex to be legendary.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
You forgot that he's got a pre-evo, Rioru, and that he's in the wrong end of the pokedex to be legendary.

Darn you're right I did thanks for lettin me know :p

*Adds pre-evo and pokedex to list*

Well it's a legendary with all the base stats at 120. It's so cheap because it's supposedly the creation Pokemon which created all the Pokemon...well probably not the manmade ones, but all the others. That is pretty much why it was cheap. I have no idea why the game designer decided to make him. Another reason you could tell he's legendary is because you need to go to a Nintendo Event to get the Heaven's Pipe (or w/e it's called) to get to him, which he will be at level 80. Personally I find him way too cheap with his high stats and array of attacks he can learn, but it's still possible to beat him.

I'm not saying he should be in SSBB as a playable character. He could randomly appear on some new Pokemon stage to attack, but that is probably not going to happen.
Yeah sounds OP to me. Of course it also sounds like the requirements are high which means it'd be worth the bargain. Still like I said in my previous post, I'd only count the original type it was so does that mean it'd be a normal legendary (I haven't seen or heard of Aruseus until now so I'm unsure)?

Nite

Smash Champion
I voted for Lucario, Blaziken, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. They seem like the most likely to make it. I could see how they would have potential for good movesets.

P.S. Also Scyther cause he's too cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom