• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Koopaling is your favorite?

Which Koopaling (inc. BJ) is you favorite?

• Total voters

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
1. Wendy
2. Roy
3. Lemmy
4. Larry
5. Ludwig
6. Jr
7. Iggy
8. Morton

I love the first three though.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I got Lemmy. He's just Lemmy. LEMMY IS SHREK, LEMMY IS LIFE.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Larry has always been my favorite. I just really like his design compared to most of the others.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Woot Bowser Jr. is in the lead.

I'm surprised by Larry not having that many votes. Ludwig's got a lot. I love Ludwig's color but the hair is too much for me haha.

Last edited:

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, you don't need to slap lipstick, a ribbon and jewels in the design of character to show people said character is female. In my opinion, Wendy looks horrendous, easily the worst looking of all Koopalings. Look at Animal Crossing's Isabelle:

She is a dog and dogs usually look gender-neutral (like turtles). Yet Isabelle is clearly female. They didn't need to give her jewels, lipstick, etc. There are tons of other examples in Animal Crossing and in fiction in general. They could totally have done something better to Wendy's design, yet they made her look terrifying.
Yeah, but there's a big difference between a reptile and a mammal. We generally assume reptiles are male, and that's not even touching on how Isabelle's wearing a skirt- Wendy's naked.

Plus, wasn't Wendy designed in the 90s? She's basically the Smurfette Principle whereas Isabelle is her own character in a cast of hundreds of boys and girls. If Wendy was designed today she might not have all that tertiary crap, whereas if Isabelle existed in the SNES era she'd have a giant pink bow and lipstick. I guess be thankful they didn't take a page out of MMOs and give Wendy D cups and a chainmail bikini *shudder*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Morton because he has the best design out of all the koopalings and he has the voice of arnold schwarzenegger and Fat Albert!

:4morton:HEY,HEY,HEY!

D

Deleted member

Lemmy will always hold a special place in my heart. In 2003 when I first really using the internet, my first forum was a Mario Bros. fansite called Lemmy's Land. It was a fun little place that was "ran" by Lemmy and his siblings. Ah, the memories. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan of the Koopalings, and I am SO STOKED to see them in this game.
Ah Lemmyland I remember that site it what made me in to a koopaling fan :) I wonder how its doing?

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Lemmy will always hold a special place in my heart. In 2003 when I first really using the internet, my first forum was a Mario Bros. fansite called Lemmy's Land. It was a fun little place that was "ran" by Lemmy and his siblings. Ah, the memories. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan of the Koopalings, and I am SO STOKED to see them in this game.
You colored me interested, mainly because anyone that uses Paramore as an avatar has good taste in my book.

Anyway I've been checking out lemmy's land...yup this screams old interwebs....it's very nostalgic even though I've never been on this site. Makes me a little upset. I would have loved to visit this site as a kid :/

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Unfortunately the webmaster stopped updating randomly last summer.
Yeah...I noticed this....not even a good bye post or anything.

How unfortunate. I do adore fan related stuff relate to the koopalings though, so I bookmarked the sight all the same. I might read through some of those f(u)an fictions later.

Does anyone know of any other sites or web comics that use the koopalings (preferably heavily)?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I voted for Iggy.:4iggy: Mainly because of his crazy laugh and glasses.
Following on, it's most likely that it's Lemmy and Larry who I'll have as Alternate alts.:4lemmy::4larry: It's interesting that the best way to avoid playing as Bowser Jr. in Smash yet still be able to play with his moveset is through the Koopalings being alternate characters. However, my main concern (though it would mean 7 new Mario reps) is why they all share the Shadow Mario Final Smash (which I think is broken). I think it would have been better if they had their own Final Smashes that characterised their personalities. Like the common suggestion of Lemmy on his Circus Ball.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
#TeamLudwig
#TeamIggy
#TeamRoy

Mostly #TeamLudwig though.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Bowser Jr. He was cool in Sunshine and Galaxy 1&2. The others don't really feel like they get the attention of Jr.

Majora999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Majora999
Bowser Jr. He was cool in Sunshine and Galaxy 1&2. The others don't really feel like they get the attention of Jr.
That's mainly because they never got the luxury of being in a game with dialogue.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's mostly due to Nintendo retconning their existence and eventually their connection with Bowser entirely. Had they never been removed from Mario games, they would've gotten the same exposure as Jr. Would've been nice to see them in Galaxy. >.>

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Well, that's mostly due to Nintendo retconning their existence and eventually their connection with Bowser entirely. Had they never been removed from Mario games, they would've gotten the same exposure as Jr. Would've been nice to see them in Galaxy. >.>
It's not just that, though. Bowser Jr just appears more like a character that could be just as much of a villain as his father while the others seem to be unable to convince me that they're stand alone characters.

Besides, that paintbrush is pretty cool.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
It's not just that, though. Bowser Jr just appears more like a character that could be just as much of a villain as his father while the others seem to be unable to convince me that they're stand alone characters.

Besides, that paintbrush is pretty cool.
The Koopalings are a set piece, yeah. But Nintendo could definitely capitalize on each one's differing personalities. Give 'em some dialogue with each world focusing on them as the "main villain" until you move on to the next one. It would be pretty cool to see them made more into characters rather than grunting baddies like they are in the NSMB titles. It's about time they make an appearance outside of those games, really. (I HATE NSMB games...)

And sure, the paintbrush is cool, but it's become pretty much forgotten as one of Bowser Jr.'s abilities. The only games that still acknowledge its existence are Mario spin-off titles. In mainline games past Sunshine, Bowser Jr. pretty much always uses mechs and other machines. At least it was given a callback in Smash, but other than that, it's kind of a 'what once was' element.

Jynxed

Smash Rookie
In order from best to worst:

I don't get the love for Ludwig; that hair is terrible.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
Roy is the backbone of the whole Koopa army and he is truly glorious specimen of a koopa kid. No other koopa kid can hold a candle up to him except maybe Bowser Jr. and Iggy.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Personally, I like Jr. better than any of the Koopalings, but Roy's great. He's by far my favorite and really, he's probably the only one of the seven I actually like. Morton's voice is really goofy but the funniness of it wears off kinda quickly.

Batavus

Smash Rookie
Iggy and Lemmy are the best. Gotta love their craziness.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Actually, is there any canon significance to Morton's name being Morton Koopa Jr? I know it's a reference to some famous bloke or something, I'm just curious if there's anything more to it in-universe than just bizarre naming convention.

inb4 there is no canon in mario

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Actually, is there any canon significance to Morton's name being Morton Koopa Jr? I know it's a reference to some famous bloke or something, I'm just curious if there's anything more to it in-universe than just bizarre naming convention.

inb4 there is no canon in mario
Bowser's full name is actually Morton Koopa.
Bowser is just his nickname.

Bowser Jr is also Morton Jr but to avoid confusion the younger son gets the nickname.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Bowser's full name is actually Morton Koopa.
Bowser is just his nickname.

Bowser Jr is also Morton Jr but to avoid confusion the younger son gets the nickname.
I can actually seeing this being legit canon. Considering this is a game wherethe size and shape of Mario's house literally changs every time the plot demands it, I wouldn't be surprised at anything anymore.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Larry, Roy, Lemmy, and Iggy are my favorite koopalings. Larry and Iggy were my mains in Mario Kart 8, and I was very surprised to see them in Smash 4. But if I had to choose my all time favorite it would be :4larry:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I like both Morton and Bowser Jr. the best.
Quite frankly, I always get Larry, Lemmy and Iggy mixed up, so they're my least favorites.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'd voted for Ludwig, but I've grown to enjoy Roy. Especially after finding out the Koopalings have their own crowd chants. Roy Koopa's is, "Roy's our boy!"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Did they all weigh the same and have the same properties?
Yep, the shrunk down the bigger ones and beefed up little Lemmy to make sure they were all the same.

I'm torn between Ludwig and Wendy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm...so we're rating them. Alright.

:4roy: He's my boy.
:4morton: Always liked his design.
:4lemmy:
:4larry: (Even though I always confused these two and Iggy as a kid)
:4wendy:
:4iggy:
:4ludwig: The fang...just really bothers me.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
As much as I despise the Koopalings, Lemmy was my boy in Mario Kart 8, so I'm anxious to try him out.

Top Bottom