• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Koopaling is your favorite?

Which Koopaling (inc. BJ) is you favorite?

• Total voters

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Roy is my favorite, and it has nothing to do with being my boy. Even though he totally is.

I blame this weird, not-so-sensical thing I found years ago.

Last edited:

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Because of a rp friend's headcanons and aus they made for their interpretation of the character...I have become a big fan of Ludwig....just he's so suave in a not suave kinda crazy way.

http://douchebagvonkoopa.tumblr.com/ Here's that rper's blog for reference.
Holy flark that is a COMPLETE 180° turn from the Nintendo "Ludwig's an antihero" canon I follow. I apologize, but I'mma have to stay away.

...That said, because of that I'd like to Koopaling ditto against you in the future, sir.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Holy flark that is a COMPLETE 180° turn from the Nintendo "Ludwig's an antihero" canon I follow. I apologize, but I'mma have to stay away.

...That said, because of that I'd like to Koopaling ditto against you in the future, sir.
Not a sir but of course.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Iggy for sure. He, unlike the others, has a personality with multiple traits.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Does Ludwig do anything that doesn't scream "I'm German!"? Anything that isn't based on his stereotype?
Does iggy do anything that doesn't scream crazy science freak? No but Ludwig has more potential for head canons especially since he was the original loops throne heir being the oldest koopaling. I assume he'd be a bit pissed that bowser he took over that role.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Does iggy do anything that doesn't scream crazy science freak? No but Ludwig has more potential for head canons especially since he was the original loops throne heir being the oldest koopaling. I assume he'd be a bit pissed that bowser he took over that role.
I love how you just answered the question there without my response. Just "no".

Iggy has a playful spirit, is smarter in general than the others, has an apparent love for dogs, and is more potent in magic, being more studious than the others. He's a genius in more fields than just science.

Birthright =/= personality.

Edit: Arguing over pointless things is fun and all, but I've got to head out soon. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I love how you just answered the question there without my response. Just "no".

Iggy has a playful spirit, is smarter in general than the others, has an apparent love for dogs, and is more potent in magic, being more studious than the others. He's a genius in more fields than just science.

Birthright =/= personality.
Ludwig is also shown to be rather intelligent, using magic at a rather high level (using lightning, floating, creating doubles) in Mario u. He's also known to have a form of lisp due to his teeth, and he is also shown to be quite arrogant, shown by how snickers before each battle with Mario in u.

His stereotype is only shown in his hair tbh. He isn't shown to do anything particularly German not is he ever shown to do much in the ways of music.

Folt

Smash Ace
Ludwig is generally always the hardest of the Koopalings. (He also tends to have a unique boss pattern, even if he isn't.)

Kevbot34

Smash Rookie
Morton is easily the best, and I may honestly main him. But Jr., Roy, Wendy, and Ludwig will get extensive plays, too. Such a unique character - so excited to try them out!

isoldmyname

Smash Cadet
I will always be a Lemmy guy.
He reminds me of a simpler time...
(Lemmy's Land, anyone?)
But a question if I may; If the Koopalings are Bowser Jr's alts, then how does his final smash work?

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
It would be Iggy, but it's Bowser Jr. now due to Iggy's redesign of long arms and banana hair.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I love Jr. but Ludwig is my favorite Koopaling, the battle against him in SMW was pure hype for me as a child.

Majora999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Majora999
The rainbow mohawk, the opaque glasses with swirls, the proportions, the colors, the lack of a voice... I just find classic Iggy to be better.
I just think the new look gives him more of a distinct visual personality, Pre-Wii!Iggy looked a little too much like Lemmy to me, he stands out more now.

I'm one of few people to my knowledge to greatly prefer the redesigns, but then again, I was born in '94, I grew up with Junior and just found myself greatly prefering The Koopalings, so I don't have AS much of a connection the OG designs.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I just think the new look gives him more of a distinct visual personality, Pre-Wii!Iggy looked a little too much like Lemmy to me, he stands out more now.

I'm one of few people to my knowledge to greatly prefer the redesigns, but then again, I was born in '94, I grew up with Junior and just found myself greatly prefering The Koopalings, so I don't have AS much of a connection the OG designs.
I probably have too much nostalgia for Mario 3 and World when I played them on the Wii Virtual Console and the GBA, respectively.

eWaltz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Waltz.exe
Ludwig, Morton, and Roy are equally my favorites. Poor Morton never gets any love.

Majora999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Majora999
Their over use of female identifiers on her terrify me.
To be fair, she's... kind of a turtle monster.

There's really no other way to get her gender across then blatant identifiers, otherwise people will just assume she's another boy out of 8.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459

There's really no other way to get her gender across then blatant identifiers, otherwise people will just assume she's another boy out of 8.
Actually, I remember an artist by the handle of Pimmy, who as a child though that Ludwig was a girl because he had that flowy hair of his.

I concur that Wendy's identifiers are necessary to both her and her snotty personality, haha.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052

Fair enough. They could do hair though. Like why didn't they give the only girl hair?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

The thing is, you don't need to slap lipstick, a ribbon and jewels in the design of character to show people said character is female. In my opinion, Wendy looks horrendous, easily the worst looking of all Koopalings. Look at Animal Crossing's Isabelle:

She is a dog and dogs usually look gender-neutral (like turtles). Yet Isabelle is clearly female. They didn't need to give her jewels, lipstick, etc. There are tons of other examples in Animal Crossing and in fiction in general. They could totally have done something better to Wendy's design, yet they made her look terrifying.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'll probably be playing as Bowser Jr. the most whenever I use him, but if I had to choose another Koopaling, I would go for Lemmy. I always did like the little guy whenever I saw him, especially with his ball.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
The thing is, you don't need to slap lipstick, a ribbon and jewels in the design of character to show people said character is female. In my opinion, Wendy looks horrendous, easily the worst looking of all Koopalings. Look at Animal Crossing's Isabelle:

She is a dog and dogs usually look gender-neutral (like turtles). Yet Isabelle is clearly female. They didn't need to give her jewels, lipstick, etc. There are tons of other examples in Animal Crossing and in fiction in general. They could totally have done something better to Wendy's design, yet they made her look terrifying.
It was kind of in a time where sexism was basically okay, so whatever they are just following the example banco had with miss pacman I suppose. Not a very good one, but alas

Top Bottom