• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Koopaling is your favorite?

Which Koopaling (inc. BJ) is you favorite?

• Total voters

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
So I'm actually a lot more excited about these guys than I would have ever expected to be. The whole Koopaling cast as the alts in addition to the unique clown cart fighting style really pulls this character together. As I'm sure most of you are, as I am, fans of the classic SMB series and love the 'lings, I'm curious which you all like the most. I personally am a fan of Lemmy and that sweet golden trim, though I like Iggy a lot too.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well, I voted for Bowser Jr.

If I had to choose a Koopaling though besides him, it'd be Larry or Lemmy because of their mohawks.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
jr he was the one i wanted in the beginning, could care less about the koopalings if they where in or not,

Last edited:

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
I mentioned it somewhere else already, but Morton all the way!
I just always loved his design and colors.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I will mostly be playing as Bowser Jr, but Lemmy would definitely be my 2nd choice ;)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Surprised to see this much love or Lemmy, as I almost always see tons of love for Roy, Ludwig and somewhat Morton.

My favorite is Iggy and I feel he is often ignored, but why I am never sure. He's got that silly, crazy personality down and he's just funny.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Right? Lemmy love up in here. He's got that bangin, rainbow, punk mohawk, and you think he has any f###s to give for anyone's s##t? Wrong! He is too busy being a boss.... Er, well mini-boss.

johno1995

Smash Cadet
I'll be my main Junior 98% of the time but Larry will be getting the other 2%. Dude's my secondary MK8 main. He's adorbs.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Choosing my favorite of Bowser's kids (screw you Miyamoto, that's what they are) would be like choosing my favorite of my kids. I'll be using them all.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Choosing my favorite of Bowser's kids (screw you Miyamoto, that's what they are)
Damn straight. They've been Bowser's kids since Super Mario Bros. 3...I don't care what Miyamoto says. It makes no sense for them to simply be "minions". Why would Bowser hire kids as his minions? I feel like Miyamoto pulled a George Lucas when he decided they were no longer Bowser's children...sort of like how in the original Star Wars trilogy, we were always told that Yoda taught Obi-Wan...but then in the prequels, Lucas changed his own story and makes it so Qui-Gon is Obi-Wan's teacher.

Anyway, my favorite Koopaling is probably Lemmy, followed by either Ludwig or Larry. And no, I've never liked Bowser Jr. He always seemed like nothing more than a generic "mini-me" Bowser. I've always loved the 7 Koopalings since their debut in Mario 3, and I was pretty pissed during those years where they disappeared and Bowser Jr. seemed to replace them. I don't mind him being in Smash Bros, I'm just really glad they found a way to get the koopalings in there as well.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I've always loved the 7 Koopalings since their debut in Mario 3, and I was pretty pissed during those years where they disappeared and Bowser Jr. seemed to replace them. I don't mind him being in Smash Bros, I'm just really glad they found a way to get the koopalings in there as well.
I was in a similar situation. I grew up with the Koopalings, and had a lot of venom towards Jr. once he replaced them. But over time, I eventually began to warm up to Jr, to point where he became one of my favorite Mario characters. May have been his adorableness, his attitude towards losing (matches mine) and his inventive boss fights in the like of Mario Galaxy. When the Koopalings returned along with him in NSMBW, it was a dream come true.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
IMay have been his adorableness, his attitude towards losing (matches mine) and his inventive boss fights in the like of Mario Galaxy.
His boss fights were indeed inventive and fun in the Galaxy games. I wish Nintendo would get more inventive with the 7 koopalings' boss fights. However, they have so far been regulated to the 2D Mario games, and there's only so much you can do with them there. I really want to see them in a 3D Mario platformer...like maybe in the next Galaxy, if there ever is a Mario Galaxy 3.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
The Koopalings have always been some of my favorite Mario characters with my favorite of all of them being Ludwig with Larry close behind. Ludwig is the oldest sibling, is a musician, has unmanageably large hair, and let's just say he's more brain than brawn compared to the rest of his siblings (read: he's a fat nerd.). This reflects fairly accurately onto my self and my siblings.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lemmy all the way. That kiddo not only gets to have fun in MK8, now he gets to have even crazier fun in Smash! Also gotta love his "yahoo" during using the Up B.

That reminds me, I gotta get that Morton-icon done some time soon.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Iggy Koopa! I have not long been a fan of the Mario franchise, my first real Mario game featuring the Koopalings was NSMBU. The second I laid my eyes on Iggy I fell in love, since then MK8 came out along with playable Koopalings so I instantly mained Iggy, I plan on doing the same with Smash 4!

I love his unique design, personality and whacky voice, what is there not to love?!

andimidna

Smash Master
I decided to choose one of the 7 Koopalings instead of Bowser Jr. So I went with Iggy.
'Cus memories...

And so I can tell people I main Iggy Azalea in Smash ;)
Also Roy because Roy from Fire Emblem/Melee jokes
I like memes
Wendy would be my next choice because she's so ridiculously terrible it's awesome.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I'm riding with Bowser Jr. and Ludwig.

I've always loved Ludwig, and he's even my main in MK8.

As for Jr. I love both father and son plus Sunshine is my favorite Mario game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gotta go with Lemmy

I always liked his boss fights because of the ball gimmick he has

When I used a koopaling in MK8 I used Lemmy, although Bowser was the koopa I used the most

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Morton and Ludwig are my guys, yo.

Though most of the others are cool, I just find them kinda same-y. And I don't care for Wendy's design at all

Mister Green Bean

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-2442-5864
Definitely playing Iggy. He's just got that crazy tech-savvy personality that I can really relate myself to. Well, I'm not really that tech-savvy, but I'd like to think I have an affinity towards technology. Also, among the Koopalings, I feel like Iggy could deserve a little more attention.

Also I just really like the color green so there's that too...

Foughen

Banned via Warnings
Definitely playing Iggy. He's just got that crazy tech-savvy personality that I can really relate myself to. Well, I'm not really that tech-savvy, but I'd like to think I have an affinity towards technology. Also, among the Koopalings, I feel like Iggy could deserve a little more attention.

Also I just really like the color green so there's that too...
You have awful taste dear.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I've always disliked the 7 Koopalings as characters. They just feel like an excuse to have filler bosses for 7 worlds. It kind of feels like Sonic Lost World based the deadly six of them, for the same reason. Jr on the other hand feels a lot more developped, and was much more interesting than the rest of the cast. I sympathize with him for what happened in NSMB DS, his personality is actually shown to have multiple sides, and he was THE big plottwist of Mario Sunshine.

This is why I like Jr. the best by far, even if I DID grow up with the Koopalings.

Though I guess I'm also a little venomous that the Koopalings are replacing potential characters in Mario Kart 8, and slightly less so here. 7 characters are a lot, even if they ARE clones with different models and animations. Had they been excluded, we could've gotten quite a few extra clones, or maybe even an original character.

Top Bottom