• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Koopaling is your favorite?

Which Koopaling (inc. BJ) is you favorite?

• Total voters

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Once I get the game and unlock the group of 8 (Jr. and his half-siblings), I'm probably going to use Wendy the most, with the other 7 playing 2nd fiddle (Wendy was always my personal favorite out of the Koopa kids and it's about time she got some love (was happy she got in MK8, but wasn't expecting her to get in Smash especially as an alt for Bowser Jr.).

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Iggy, because he reminds me of myself :p: Tall, thin, and wears black-framed glasses. Also, his signature color is nice and looks good with purple, and his overall design his just cool. That, and he has a pet Chain-Chomp, which is adorable and menacing at the same time, and he acts hilarious, giggling like he's insane and smacking his behind and all that XP. How can you not like him?

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Lemmy will always hold a special place in my heart. In 2003 when I first really using the internet, my first forum was a Mario Bros. fansite called Lemmy's Land. It was a fun little place that was "ran" by Lemmy and his siblings. Ah, the memories. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan of the Koopalings, and I am SO STOKED to see them in this game.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Jr. because of Super Mario Sunshine. The way he wears a scary toothy grin bandana over his adorbs face toats makes him even more adorable.

Ludwig and his single sharp tooth along with his stereotypical cartoon conductor hairstyle is too cute.

Wendy is also a boss ass *****, so she's my 3rd favorite.

Last edited:

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I've never really liked the kooplings all that much as a whole, but I do enjoy bj, morton, and, my personal favorite, iggy. Iggy was my favorite boss in mario world (granted, it was insanely easy, but was the most memorable of them all to me, minus the final boss). For that, i'll be playing as him the most.

D

Deleted member

Roy, but only by a tiny margin. Mostly because of the name, sorry people who loved roy in melee, I just find it hilarious, but it's also because of those glasses he wears.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I'm having an existential crisis figuring out if Roy's my boy or if Morton is best koopa

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm having an existential crisis figuring out if Roy's my boy or if Morton is best koopa
Well there's your problem

Neither choice is Lemmy

You'll never find meaning thinking within the box

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
Tied between Wendy, Lemmy, and Ludwig. They have the best hair!

TheCrashMan

Smash Rookie
As another old fan of Lemmy's Land, I gotta pay Lemmy some respects. Wish the site was still around, I bet the admin would flip out seeing the sudden huge amounts of Koopaling love.

Roy and Iggy are definitely really high on the list too. Honestly, I'm gonna try to use equipment and moveset customs to make a set for all 8 Koopas.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I had to go with Iggy. He's my absolute favorite of the seven Koopalings, and with him being playable in Smash Bros, I believe I might use him more than Jr.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Definitely Iggy. Love his craziness. His butt slapping taunts at the beginning of the battle are best.

Morton or Lemmy. I always thought Morton's star-eye was cool; and Lemmy googly eyes make him the closest to "cute" among all of them.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I love all seven koopalings. My contempt for Jr. stems from the perception that he replaced the koopalings in the main series. I am thrilled that they have made a resurgence. I never imagined they'd be playable characters in Smash. If Bowser Jr. was the only way that would have been possible, then maybe he isn't so bad after all.

1. Ludwig
2. Roy
3. Wendy
4. Larry
5. Lemmy
6. Morton
7. Iggy
8. Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Ludwig von Koopa. I'm also somewhat fond of Larry as well.

The new designs have given me a liking for Morton and Iggy as well.

I like Bowser Jr. too. He's pretty fun to fight, especially in Dream Team.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Surprised to see such Larry support. I voted Larry just because I find his name the most hilarious. It's just completely drained of flamboyance. Larry Koopa. Also he's the most phoned in of the very phoned in Koopa Kids.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
You know why Luddy's became an anti-hero? All that Morton Salt from Bowser Jr. taking the throne from him.

LUDWIG VON BEST KOOPALING

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Happen to like Larry the best. Wasn't too keen on Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings at first sight, but after seeing some decent gameplay I think they look a little crafty. Can't wait to him out!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Junior because he wasn't invited to Mario Kart 8. Yet he shares his clown car with all his brothers so they can be in Smash Bros. What a nice kid.
Also, Mario Strikers Charged.

Last edited:

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Back when I played Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (perhaps my favourite game of all time), I figured I ought to pick a favourite Koopaling.

I ended up developing an odd obsession with Larry. I just loved his design, and he seemed a bit under-appreciated compared to his siblings. Heck, in SMW he doesn't even get his own world! His castle is in Bowser's Valley, and you don't even need to fight him to beat the game. That's just disrespect, right there.

Also he could hit his own fireballs back at you with a tennis racket, and that's just awesome.

Last edited:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Larry. Even though I usually like more eccentric characters, I've grown attached to how basic and how much of an "Average Joe" he is among the other Koopalings. He's also blue, and has, by far, the best hairstyle. The star on his head is also awesome. I also like Iggy, Lemmy, and Ludwig a lot as well.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Larry. Even though I usually like more eccentric characters, I've grown attached to how basic and how much of an "Average Joe" he is among the other Koopalings.
He IS the youngest of the litter--hasn't had the time to develop an identity yet!

"Take notes from the eldest, hehe."

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Ludwig he always has stood out the most for me and has always been my favorite of them all.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Because of a rp friend's headcanons and aus they made for their interpretation of the character...I have become a big fan of Ludwig....just he's so suave in a not suave kinda crazy way.

http://douchebagvonkoopa.tumblr.com/ Here's that rper's blog for reference.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wow, the results are surprisingly equal (lol Wendy). That's a great job on Nintendo's part!

Lemmy, for sure. I've never really cared for the Koopalings until Mario Kart 8. I started using Lemmy by chance and he's so cute.

Top Bottom