• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Kirby mains are going to Apex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allied

Smash Master
Come on guys
lets see kirby dominate apex
i plan on at least top 20 (I hopeXD)

lets see
going

Kirby/Wario
Mostly kirby though

who else is going?

ChuDat
Gonzo
Allied
DC

Kirby Alts
PhantomX
Tusm

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'd go to Apex if it wasn't 11 hours away.

I used to live in CT, and if I still lived there it would only be 3 hours away... :[

Just assume that I would make top 8 if I went.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If I lived in USA, I'd definitely go to Apex. I'm confident in my abilities to at THE VERY LEAST get out of pools.

But, sadly, I live in PR... Money doesn't fall off trees!

...And plane tickets + lodging + brawl-related money usage = too much $$$

Life After Death

Smash Champion
We have a Kirby main from south Florida going to APEX named DC. He's going with Seibrik and Afro.

He never posts on Smashboards tho

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I know DC. He has an epic avatar....I'm trying to remember what it was...

...I just looked at his account and it's changed. :[

I remember it used to be a pink Kirby of some sort, but now it's the white one.

Anyway, good luck at Apex. Be sure to use Bair, it's a pretty good move

edit: come to think of it, my avatar is more epic than pretty much anyone else's. So yeah. 8)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
edit: come to think of it, my avatar is more epic than pretty much anyone else's. So yeah. 8)
Seriously, keep your avatar. It's special in many different ways, AND I already have it ingrained in my memory for when I want to look for anything tha has your avatar.

And I remember DC... He has a couple of posts here and there in the kirby boards.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm going to be there... but Kirby is a budding secondary, not an alt/main yet :( I want to get him trny viable for Falcos/D3s, though.

DC

Smash Cadet
I know DC. He has an epic avatar....I'm trying to remember what it was...

...I just looked at his account and it's changed. :[

I remember it used to be a pink Kirby of some sort, but now it's the white one.

Anyway, good luck at Apex. Be sure to use Bair, it's a pretty good move

Sorry, I wanted people to know that I use classic Kirby.

But yeah I'm flying to Apex from south Florida and don't worry, I know how to use Kirby. :p I'm actually going with the best MK/Dedede and the best Snake in Florida (Seibrik and Afro Thundah) They've both been giving great training (among other good players) so hopefully I can place decently.

And yeah I don't post much because I'm trying to keep my post count low. :p

But you can view my Kirby here: www.youtube.com/zknyhs

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Both of your avatars are dumb imo.

Allied

Smash Master
Come on guys lets see more kirby love for apex XD
i hope i place high i practice with alot of the east coast metaknights
XD
so far i'm pretty confident

i'll make it out of pools
i'll be up there =]

DC

Smash Cadet
Hey sorry to disappoint you guys but I wasn't able to make it out of pools. IIRC in my pools were ksizzle (MK), godismyrock (GW), and some other assorted MKs. Hopefully Allied, Hat and Chu can make up for my failure. :p

But seriously I'm having a lot of fun and playing a lot of friendlies to improve my game.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Hey sorry to disappoint you guys but I wasn't able to make it out of pools. IIRC in my pools were ksizzle (MK), godismyrock (GW), and some other assorted MKs. Hopefully Allied, Hat and Chu can make up for my failure. :p

But seriously I'm having a lot of fun and playing a lot of friendlies to improve my game.
Chu apparently lost in doubles to anther or panda (according to my friend).

Allied

Smash Master

i faced godismyrock in a friendly he used metaknight against me XD
i beat him tho! ^_^

but yeah i didn't make it out of pools either

Alex even said Everyone at this tournament was at top playing level there were barely any scrubs

i'll let you know i won like 8 money matches and lost 1 XD
all against metaknights
waiting for that results thread

i wanna face ksizzle

Allied

Smash Master
Chu did terribad in singles D:

lost to some guy named korn
it happens i acually lost 1 match to a jigglypuff
it was so tense because it was my fault

it was my counterpick and i picked rainbow cruise (cuz he played diddy)
and then he switched to puff and heres the problems with this

1. i never practice rainbow cruise so i'm not really good at it i just knew i could beat diddy on it
2. i didn't know jigglypuff can be somewhat good in the right hands

was kinda dumb on my part

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I heard that Chudat and YbM both got 33rd

Ally came in 1st, m2k in second, lain in third.

You guys hafta watch the m2k vs ally set, it's so intense. First game is ridiculous.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You guys hafta watch the m2k vs ally set, it's so intense. First game is ridiculous.
Quoted for ABSOLUTE truth.

I didn't see a single YbM match... Who told you he got 33rd? o_o

And Chudat's match against Anther made me sad... He was approaching with shorthopped dairs, and not autocancelling them, ending up in him shieldgrabbed :(

And it was, for top 10:

1) Ally (Snake)
2) M2K (MK)
3) Lain (IC, DDD)
4) Anti (Snake, MK)
5) Ksizzle (Lucario, MK)
5) Atomsk (DDD)
7)Anther (Pika)
7) ...?
9) Candy (Snake)
9) ...?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It looks like Kirby is less and less tourney viable as time goes on. :p

I didn't see any of Chudat's matches, but at least it goes to show that Anther is good. I heard that Chudat barely beat him last time, and Anther SDed or something. I don't know how close the games were this time. Hopefully they were recorded.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

I didn't see any of Chudat's matches, but at least it goes to show that Anther is good. I heard that Chudat barely beat him last time, and Anther SDed or something. I don't know how close the games were this time. Hopefully they were recorded.
Kirby is a mofo at tourneys! Mistakes just make him less viable... :( :(

I saw Chu (Kirby) vs Anther (Pika), it made me sad in 5 different ways... But Sheikant is in worse shape, J___ (forgot his name) (TL) got his *** ripped off and handed back to him by Dojo (MK).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You are going to scare me because it looking true right now. I don't think any Kirby main placed high in this tourney which might put Kirby lower in the tier list. x_x

But one thing I approve, two MI players placed good in this tourney. =P

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah...=/

I dunno, Kirby's just...yeah. I don't even know what to say. Lol. Get secondaries.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.

I think the first game, Anther had 20% on his last stock and chu had 120%, then Anther SD'd. Second game chu 2-stocked him (maybe the 2-stock was the first game, but that doesn't make a huge difference).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Props to YbM and Chudat. Hope to see the matches soon.
I'll give good props for Y.b.M for getting 17th with Kirby out of all the other people who are mostly tier whores use top tier characters. Chudat however getting into 33rd place is not exceptable. =P

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
i think its getting to the point where people know kirby play styles and figured out a way to play against it. honestly when people hear kirby, they think of grabs and back air. If we want kirby to place high again, now's the time to be creative and shock the community!

§leepy God

Smash Master
i think its getting to the point where people know kirby play styles and figured out a way to play against it. honestly when people hear kirby, they think of grabs and back air. If we want kirby to place high again, now's the time to be creative and shock the community!
Ask Viper how to be creative and shock people that are too use to Kirby because he shocks just about anyone who thinks Kirby is the same... that's if he lets you, he hates teaching. T_T

He's the only Kirby main that I know that uses Up B and Down B really well along with knowing how to use each and every Kirby move effectively including how to be in sync with Kirby's tilt combos, (I still hate how good he uses it so well). Bottom line... GO TO MORE SMASH TOURNEY'S VIPER AND PUT KIRBY TOP TIER!!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Bottom line... GO TO MORE SMASH TOURNEY'S VIPER AND PUT KIRBY TOP TIER!!!
That would be nice if I had the money and time to make it to those type of Brawl tourney's. Maybe I might place high, my Kirby is looking much stronger than my last offline tourney. Also if your going to put me out up front like that, you must have a way of getting me to every big tourney without driving. =3

I think chu was just out of sync at Apex...he did worse than he usually does and lost sets when he normally wouldn't have.
I guess that might be it, though he did lose to two good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom