• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Is your favorite stages/least favorite

gmony

Smash Rookie
I have been curious as too which stages you and the general population of smashers out their like and dislike. Me personally is hyrule temple, corneria, delfino plaza, shadow moses island, battlefield, final destination, big blue.

Cinder

Smash Master
Some of my faves? Pirate Ship, the Electroplankton stage, Green Hill Zone, Castle Siege, FD in that order...

My least favorite so far is Spear Pillar...I may be a Lucario main, but I can't stand that stage's gimmicks, especially Palkia flipping the stage upside down...and I also don't care for WarioWare...the bonuses it gives can be so ghey...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Easy. Smashville, Castle Siege, Battlefield, and Final Destination.

I hate gimmick stages.

Anarchist_Chase

Smash Cadet
Delfino Plaza, Smashville, Battlefield, Warioware, Port Town Aero Dive. (in that order)

I think Warioware is a bit gimmicky, but not to the point where its hard to have a normal fight.

Cinder

Smash Master
I think Warioware is a bit gimmicky, but not to the point where its hard to have a normal fight.
You could argue either way on that one, but still, out of all the gimmicky stages, WW is one of my faves (though I'm still not a huge fan)...like I said, the only stage I really hate is SP...I was so excited to try it, but then I saw what Palkia can do <_<...I wonder if Dialga/Cresselia are easier to deal with...

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
Palkia Flips the stage upside down making you confused even though it's only an illusion. Trust me Dialga is more desirable than Palkia.

I like Battlefield, Smashville, and Lylat Cruise.
I hate Hanenbow, Spear Pillar, Warioware, and Greenhill Zone.

Vampire_Marth

Smash Cadet
I like Battlefield, and Final Destination because they have no stage effects and there is really no where to run. the i sort of like is New Pork City because I just like the setup. My least favorite is the DK falls stage. Its just like the iceclimber stage and i just dont like those types

Subach

Smash Apprentice
What, no one said Lylat Cruise?

It's pretty AND legal, for god's sake.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Faves: Port Town Aero Dive(Mute City song FTW), Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza and Final Destination in no particular order

Least fave: Hanenbow, Spear Pillar, New Pork City, WarioWare and that's about it.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
Favorites:
Frigate Orpheon (minus the right ledge that you can't grab, if that was fixed it would be amazing.)
Pirate Ship/Great Sea (sadly a counterpick at best)
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Mario Circuit (campy but I just like the level... its fun for me at least)

Levels that Blow:
Skyworld (worse stage ever, why can't I ever recover once the blocks are destroyed? Why?!!!)
Spear Pillar
Mushroomy Kingdom
Summit (The fish looks like its jonesin' for a hit of crack or something... Its creeps me out)

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
There's a difference between 'favorite stages' and 'stages I like to play on'. For me, Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Pirate Ship, and Shadow Moses Island are all really cool levels, but I don't enjoy playing a competetive/skilled match on them. As for stages I like to play good matches on, it's the typical Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, and Pokemon Stadium (the people I play with are generally cool enough not to abuse the sometimes-existent wall).

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of great stages this time around. We've got Mario Circuit, with its creatively shaped platforms, Pirate Ship, with all those fantastic hazards and awesome visuals, and Wario Ware, with its sheer zaniness and humor. Yoshi's Island is my overall favorite, though, for sure. The atmosphere is just fantastic, and I can't get enough of that oh so nostalgic music that comes paired with it.

It's unfortunate that there are a lot of crappy levels, too. Skyworld, which I figured would be one of my favorite stages, is horrid, thanks to those un-passable platforms. We've also got 75m, which is amazing both conceptually and visually, but is too cluttered to be playable. The worst of the bunch is definitely New Pork City, though. There's waaay too much space to move around in, and that static camera that stays zoomed way out for the entire match is ridiculously annoying.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
For some reason, I'm a huge Lylat Cruise fanatic. (Especially with the Space Battleground or Area 6 music playing.)

FS180

Smash Rookie
my favorite stage is probly final destination just because there is no highter ground or lower ground its just the perfect stage for a 1 on 1 fight

i do however hate ikes stage (forget the name) but its so small u cant do anything on it..

Chro

Smash Apprentice
Faves--Lylat ( <3 Star Wolf song), Bridge of Eldin ( <3 Walk-offs). I like Summit, BF, FD, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium (except for electric... blah), Mushroomy Kingdom, Shadow Moses, Pirate Ship... well, I like a lot of stages.

I HATE-- Mario Bros, 75m, Spear Pillar, WarioWare, Hanenbow or whatever, and, uh.. FZ2.

Eten

Smash Ace
I like nearly all the stages except what Chro listed- Mario Bros, 75m, Spear Pillar, WarioWare, Hanenbow, and FZ2.

Sadly, a few of the stages I really like I find to be just not realistically playable for more competitive matches, like Port Town: Aerodive. I LOVE that stages music, but the car hazards are just too much.

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
Favorites:

Pirate Ship
Distant Planet
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Hanenbow
Delfino Plaza
PictoChat

Least Favorites:

WarioWare
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar Depths
Port Town Aero Dive
Spear Pillar
Mario Bros.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much all the straight forward stages, except Mario Kart one. I don't know, it just feels really generic and stale.

My favorites are: (Non-Melee ones only)
Smashville (Very favorite)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Warioware, kind of
Castle Siege, kind of
Sonic Level, kind of

Least favorites: (Non-melee only)
DK Scrolling stage
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Bros
Norfair
New Pork City (I like the idea, but just done wrong, TOO big and TOO much space)

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I do not like the Mushroomy Kingdom at all, maybe the world 1-1 a bit, but the world 1-2 is horrible for my likes. Also the Elektroplankton stage is awful, i just dont like it.

And for the ones i like and enjoy, hmmm, pretty much all others. Im not that selective on where to play or where i like to play, unless im going for serious 1v1s, i then prefer Final Destination, but i've got no problems playing those matches on other stages.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ordered from most favorite to least favorite:

Bridge of Eldin (straightforward level, ok hazards, instresting music choices - I shift between Hidden Village and the main Twilight Princess song).

Pirate Ship (I love the design and how the stage changes every know and then)

Frigate Orpheon (Hahaha I get a kick on this stage. I love it. Even more so when someone plays on it for the first time and it switches. I also love the background of the parasite queen, the music choices, and that it represents Metroid Prime.

Smashville (Love the animal crossing series, pretty good music, and a awesome layout. I also like the background)

WarioWare Inc (interesting mini games idea. I love the music for it "WarioWare Inc Medley", "Mona Pizza's Song (J)", "Ashlye's Song (JP)")

Distant Planet (I love playing on it with Ai no Uta. Everyone is like "...what the ****?" The design is interesting and the water idea is amazing. Plus jumping into the bulborb's mouth is just plain fun.)

Luigi's Mansion (I loved the game and anxiously awaiting this stage to appear. I love it. Plus, the music brings me back to playing Luigi's Mansion for days on end.)

Delfino Plaza (For some odd reason, this stage symbolizes Brawl to me. This was one of the first stages shown and the first stage I played on when I got the game. The music choices are ok but I love the background.)

Hanenbow (I just think this stage is ****ed up....but a good ****ed up. It's so odd that it's enjoyable. The music or lack of it is intresting. My only complaint is this stage does not encourage close combat like the other stages therefore my main, Ike, doesn't do so well. That's when I switch to Lucas.)

Notable Mention I like Shadow Moses Island ONLY because of the music you can play there. The MGS4 Love theme and "Calling to the Night".

gamer4250

Smash Rookie
I hate Spear Pillar because I fail at playing upside down and it doesn't affect the CPU at all :(

The one stage I hate the most, however, is Final Destination. Final Destination is a terrible stage. It gives a total advantage to anyone that has a ranged attack, is an incredibly boring stage, has too small of a fighting area, and is only for the failures at the game that make excuses to have no items and play only there because they really suck at all aspects of the game except the c-stick and can't deal with the strategy it takes to avoid/use stage hazards or items. Battlefield is only better for the fact that you don't have a complete and total advantage with ranged attacks.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Mushroomy Kingdom, Luigi's Mansion, Delfino Plaza, Port Town, and Norfair.

I like moving stages and for some reason, the lava gag never gets old...

JNS

Smash Cadet
faves:FD, both pokemon stadiums, smashville,green hill zone, luigi's mansion, port town areo drive,halberd

worse- new pork city, warioware, rainbow cruise

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Favorites:

Mushroomy Kingdom (Love the deserted feel of two of the most memorable levels of all time. The music selection is also nice to listen to.)

Halberd (Brilliant stage, I just love the airship screaming through the sky in the background as the Brawl goes on. Has so many excellent music tracks to listen too, in which I am really spoiled for choice)

Rumble falls (There, I said it. Someone had too. I for one enjoy the constant climb, really nothing like icicle mountain, and the scenery in the background is really nice. I personally only ever choose Bramble blast for this, one of the best remixes in the game, and makes me like this stage even more. The only downer is the fact it doesn't scroll up for long until it restarts again.)

Castle siege (All three floors are excellent, all combined to make an epic stage. The fire emblem theme tune for the win too.)

Least favorites:

Norfair (Unfortunately the lava unexpectedly strikes much to often. The scramble for the capsule is not much fun, either)

Port town (Its a shame, this stage looks really nice, but I find it much more gimmicky to play on than Mute City. Cars are much more deadly and harder to avoid this time round, and it stops at dodgy places where its hard not to fall to your death.)

Mario Bros (Probably my most disliked stage, I avoid this like the plague. Enemies constantly walking into you sending you straight off screen combined with the horrible narrow spaces leaves me tearing my hair out.)

NukeA6

Smash Master
Favorites:
-Pirate Ship
-Battlefield
-Luigi's Mansion
-Final Destination
-Pictochat
-Corneria
-Hyrule Temple

Levels not worth my time w/ reasons:

-75m
I knew there was gonna be a Donkey Kong Classic stage but why couldn't it be one from the Arcade? The hazards are annoying and the level feels so tight-spaced.

-Rainbow Ride
I used to like this stage back in Melee but it's just boring now.

-Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
It's just Brawl's Pokemon Stadium with less exciting transformations. Wow.

-The other DK stage in Brawl
I like the background but it's just like the lame Ice CLimbers stage from Melee with some annoying traps put in.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I can't just list stages I like and dislike... I am very opinioned about them. So basically, here is a summary of the stages:

Battlefield - Like it, especially since ZSS is one of my mains.
FD - Hate the edges, it's smaller... it's an alright stage.
Delfino - I hate playing on this one for some reason. It's not bad, I just don't like it.
Luigi's Mansion - I like this one just because it's big, and it's pretty neutral.
Mushroomy Kingdom - Scrolling sucks, and I hate the low ceiling.
Mario Circuit - I'd like it a lot more without the cars. It's decent.
Rumble Falls - Sucks, obvious reasons
Bridge of Eldin - I liked this stage at first, but the bomb and hole just get too annoying. It's decent, not great.
Pirate Ship - Don't like it, a least favorite. Stupid cannonballs suck and if you opponent hits you into the front of the ship while you are trying to get on it's a free KO.
Norfair - I like it just for the Golden Sun song. Not a huge fan of the stage layout though. Lava is annoying.
Frigate Orpheon - Don't play on it much, but I personally don't mind it.
Yoshi Island - If it were bigger, I'd really like it. Way too small though.
Halberd - Too small a lot of the time and the low ceiling sucks for ZSS since she's light.
Lylat Cruise - Don't mind this one, kind of small, but other than that I like it.
Pokemon Stadium 2 - Sucks because of the new transformations. Too much interference.
Spear Pillar - Depends on the Pokemon. My brothers' favorite stage, so we end up on it fairly often.
- Purple dog thing I don't mind. It doesn't do much that gets in my way aside from the beam across the bottom part of the stage.
- Pink monster thing - HATE IT. Interferes way too much, I can play decently on backwards now, but I can't do the upside down.
- Other little one - Hate it too. Stupid boomerang thing does way too much damage and knockback, if it was weaker it wouldn't cause near as much trouble.
Port Town - It's alright. Better than Delfino in my opinion. Just don't like the cars in this one because they KO at such low percentages.
Castle Siege Part 1 - Too small, don't like it
Castle Siege Part 2 - Like it. Only downside is walk-off edges.
Castle Siege Part 3 - Again, a bit small, but it's more manageable than part 1.
Warioware - Hate the minigames, hate the music, hate the bonuses that sometimes it randomly doesn't give even if you complete the minigame
Distant Planet - I just suck at this stage for some reason, I hate it...
Smashville - I like this stage a lot other than the music and animation style. It's fun and easy to play on though.
New Pork City - TOO BIG, GAH. Another of my least favorite.
Summit - If the left side of the main platform extended farther to the left, and it wasn't icy, I could handle it even with the gravity changes and water. But...that's not the case.
Skyworld - Gimmicky stage. Easy to get spike KOs off the lower parts of the stage if the platforms are still there. I don't really like it much, but I can stand it.
75m - Hate the platform set up.
Mario Bros - Hate the borders and the monsters with massive knockback. Borders are the worst, I've "fallen off" before while attacking when I got up because part of my character went into the off screen part. No leniency at all, if you are at all in off the side of the screen, you die.
Flat Zone 2 - Better than Flat Zone 1, but it still not a good stage. Too much the Gas Station and Prison (?) parts are way too interfering.
Pictochat - Decent. I hate some of the drawings, but most don't interfere much.
Electroplankton - Oddly enough, I enjoy this one because I always win on it XD but everyone else hates it so I never get to play on it.
Shadow Moses Island - Decent... would be better if the walls were the only "Walls." You can't go over them and that is what ruins the stage for me, since that has saved my opponents numerous times.
Green Hill Zone - Don't like it. Just the set up and the falling blocks. If the you fell a bit slower when the blocks fell it would be better, but you just drop, fast.

Melee stages, only two that I like are Corneria (less intrusive this time it seems) and Pokemon Stadium.

cdizzle

Smash Rookie
Favorites: Final Destination, Corneria, Bridge of Elden, Halbred, Norfair
Least: NPC, 75m, Rumble Falls

al-x_clip

Smash Apprentice
favorites: final destination, battlefield, delfino plaza, luigi's mansion,shadow moses island,windwaker stage
least: hanenbow,sky world,metaknight stage,summit

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Favorites:
Luigi's mansion - design is cool, destructible and the music is kickass
Lylat Cruise - Just really awsome design
Castle Seige - Big FE fan plus I like how the stage changes shape as hte fight continues

Hate:
75 m - Nostalgia is nice but dear God why can't you drop below the platforms?
Mario Bros - Because the crabs and turtles are too bloody powerful, most deaths on this map seem to occur by accident

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Favs:
FD
Battlefield
Smashville
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1

Least:
Mushroomy Kingdom