• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Would You Use at a Tournament

Which Controller

• Total voters

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Well it's obvious that everyone is going to use the GC controller. This poll is useless.

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
Gamecube: 500000 votes
Other: Less than 20 votes

gonna go with gamecube...I need a new one though cause the joystick is getting a little loose from using it a lil roughly.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
I say gamecube, although I will need to try ALL types of controls first.

I am most comfortable with Gamecube, but that's also with the Melee gang. *They seem to have upgrades if not new moves* so...perhaps I could just start over with the wii remote on its side.

Either way.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
99% of people voting on this have not tried any of them out for brawl. therefore this is a useless poll, at best simply one with the wrong timing. I think it is more than obvious from the looks of it that the GC will be what people try first, many will change. worthless to ask now.

Cort

Apple Head
Not really Wight. By now it's not even a matter of preference as it is a matter of realizing which controller is going to be the easiest to play with. The players at E for All basically complained about the classic/wiimote's annoying controls.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
every1 one is just picking the safe way and not giving any thought about the new methods!! when i stop to think the classic controller seems like the better choice as far as button layout.

Funkyboy

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to go with Wiimote+Nunchuck. Seems like it could work well.
Plus, all my friends are probably going to use the NGC controller and I only have 3 that are fully functionnal, so yeah.
Also, being unique = auto-win.

eugoogalizer

Smash Rookie
Going with classic myself... I've played Melee like twice in my life (don't shoot me, please), so I figure it wouldn't make much of a difference which controller I started out with.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't even consider using anything but a gamecube controller.

I doubt I'll even bother trying to use the wiimote and nunchuck. It just seems like a novelty to me in this particular game. The classic controller might be better, but I don't own one.

Smash Apprentice
Gamecube all the way. But maybe i'll try another controller once or twice.

hagendaasmaser

Smash Rookie
Gamecube, is there any other? Lol, the classic doesn't look to apealing to me; and i i'll try the wiimote combinations, but i think it'll be wierd (just as a prediction)

Lord0fCookies

Smash Rookie
I think i'm gonna use the wiimote and nunchuck combo. I like how it feels and feel like i could make a nice button set up for it. If not that gamecube.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Gamcube controller. I love the gamecube controllr in general second only to the keyboard and mouse for gaming. Plus, with many years of Melee, gamecube controller would be best.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Mote/Chuck...

It's the most efficient way of playing. You never have to move your fingers off any buttons.

Therefore if I fought a person using the GCC (of equal skill), I would win baised soely on the fact that I will be able to perform faster then they will.

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
teh shock teh horror.

Hehs. I will stick to my Gamecube controller. The Wiimote is limited and the Wii Chuck combo seems odd. I might give Classic a go, but gotta stand by the cube.

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
The Gamecube controller of course. I don't like the feel of Classic and the WiiMote/WiiMote combination just seems like it will fail miserably.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
I guess if it was a tourney I would use the GC controller, but I'm going to try to get familiar with the mote + chuk for casual play.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
i'd vote if there was a choice of "I'm going to make an unbiased decision by first trying all of the controls for a few weeks, and only then make a choice of which control i want to play with"
sadly, there is none that say that so i choose not to vote.
I'm sure some or perhaps even most of you in the future will think how silly you were to say you would play the GC controller; with a different remote in your hands using a scheme someone came up with (say for instance wiimote + numchuck) that you ended up using.

Top Bottom