• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Would You Use at a Tournament

Which Controller

• Total voters

Red Exodus

Smash Master
GC, I'm a cheap ***, I can't afford AA batteries all the time >.>

Seriously, I'm just too lazy to make a place devoted for AA batteries for my Wiimote. I'd try out the CC though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Classic Controller. My GCN Controllers are old and have wobbly Control Sticks that don't work well. Besides, the Classic Controller shouldn't be that hard to use.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
GameCube controller (104 votes).

Why change what I'm already comfortable with? Maybe once I get equally as comfortable with the Classic Controller, I might make the switch. But most likely not.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
I want to stick with the GC controller, but I like the wireless characteristic of the classic controller. Wavebirds have always had terrible lag for me whenever I try to play smash with them. I guess if I can achieve a level of control on par with the GC controller it will be the classic for me.

I

i8waffles612

GC, I'm a cheap ***, I can't afford AA batteries all the time >.>

Seriously, I'm just too lazy to make a place devoted for AA batteries for my Wiimote. I'd try out the CC though.
Buy rechargable batteries

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I'd go for the wiimote only. It might seem awkward, but I'd like to see if I can get used to it. Never know 'til you try.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I hate these threads. I voted for CC anyways though, because it's the most comfortable in my hands.

But really, how can we decide on these things when we haven't tested them out?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
of course untill the game actually comes out well never really know so this poll is mostly just speculation

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
uh, i don't know yet? i'll try em all. i like the more classic layout of the classic controller, but the cube controller has better contours for a more pleasant holding experience.

it's either classic or cube.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
wii mote and nunchuck i meen its just a controller spilt in 2 the a and b are easy to use and it has Z C buttons the d pads to taunt... if its easy with mario strikers i think it could be with smash

Eagle

Smash Lord
WHaaat?!!?!? CC is wireless?!

I want my vote back.

I'll just steal a GC control from my lil brother at my mums house. :)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I heart my GC controller. Pressing over twice to dash would suck to. The GC controller is like wearing a glove on your hands.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Virtual Console For Life

it reminds me of a PS2 controller, which is what I play 100x more games on than my gamecube

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo should make a actual glove controller actully....They could describe how cool it is too use by calling it the powerglove....Now that'd be cool to play brawl with.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
From what I hear about the regular Wii-mote, it sucks balls.
Classic Controller has no rumble feed back (:() and many say they prefer the Cube controller over this one.
Still waiting on Nunchuck + Wii-mote

Cube controller for now.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Bah, I'm tired of the gamecube controller after a good 5 years of having it. I'm welcoming the change to nunchuck and wii mote, honestly.

Top Bottom