• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Do You Use?

Which Controller Do You Use?

• Total voters

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I have this urge, I know that Brawl is suppose to be played with a GCN but I can't get it out of my head that a Wii game should be played with a Wiimote, and I am too lazy to use the nunchuck extension...also it probably feels wierd how my arms have more freedom due to the fact that unlike all the other controllers out there, there is a cable that allows movement which could get pretty distracting.

SSBBClans

Smash Rookie
The GameCube controller. I didn't want to learn the new controls with the Wii remote, I was already used to the old controls from playing Melee.

In addition to that, the GameCube controller is just so comfortable! :D

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
GCN

First was purple, then it broke
Now silver.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I use the wii remote and nunchuck.
I honestly think it's superior because you can configure it to the point where your fingers never need to leave the buttons.
The GC on the other hand, you're always moving from like the Y button to the Cstick etc.

Recently my nunchucks have been acting weird and my controller will random go from being Wiiremote + Nunchuck to JUST wii remote. It's very bothersome so I guess I'm switching to GC soon if I can't fix the problem.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Definitely gamecube.
After using melee's controls for 7 years, it's not really worth switching that for anything.

WiiManiac1

Smash Cadet
Currently I use the Wiichuck setup but I will be switching to the GC controller when I get Melee.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I use the classic. It works VERY well.

I tried going back to the GC controller, but, I just get a much better response from the Classic.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I use GC because i played melee alot and cant switch over. also u kant wavesmash or do all those pivot smashes w/out GC.

AxemCA

Smash Rookie
i'll go with Classic, although I've been using the GC one lately

Smopiiac

Smash Rookie
Classic with a different button layout is AWESOME.

b = Jump
a = Attack
y = Special
x = Shield
L = Grab
ZL = Grab
R = Shield
ZR = Shield

That's my layout.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Classic is too awesome. Darn it, it's not enough Classic mainer's just so many GC main's. T_T

Oh well, I only know a few people that use Wii Remote, and I saw one person use it in a tournment. XD

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
basicly you can use anything but wii mote if u want to pwn some 1. to narrow it down nunchuck isnt that good either but its ok to use. GC and classic own :bee:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yay, the Gamecube controller seems to be getting the most votes, so it's obvious that the Gamecube controller is superior to the Wii & Nunchuck which I really dislike btw, as for the classic controller meh....

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I can't stand anything but the GC controller. I've never tried the classic, but there's really no need to.

Kingdrom

Smash Cadet
Who uses just the wiimote? You can hardly do any AT's. Or taunts, if that matters to you. It's impossible to dashdance, RAR, or hyphen smash, and that makes many characters a shadow of what they could be.

The Wiimote+Nunchuck is what I use. It's awkward at first but works pretty well aside from having no C-Stick, but the control pad kind of makes up for that. Although after playing for a while, it tends to cramp my hand. The ability to move around while playing makes the Wiimote+Nunchuck the right choice for me. I don't use the GCN controller because I don't have a Game Cube and don't feel like ordering a decent controller, and the fact that it's a Wii game, and should use a Wii controller. From what I've heard, the Z button on the Classic Controller is quite small, and I like the standard configuration too much.

Polar

Smash Rookie
Classic Controller. I never had a Gamecube, so I don't have any controllers for it. However, I have used it when playing 4-player with friends and switching off. I've just gotten too used to the Classic Controller to change.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I use the Gamecube controller, because I can't use anything else.:)

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
I just couldn't get used to the wiimote+nunchuck or the wiimote alone. Buttons seemed too awkward.
I use the GC controller. I wanted the 'orange spice' but my bf took it from me ;)
Wave bird sucks for brawl though. The slight lag it has can ruin matches for me.

SpadE!

Smash Rookie
im accustomed to the GCN controller especially for brawl, its hard for me to use a controller without the c-stick for brawl

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Nunchuk isn't that bad... I gotta warm up with though for casuals.

I'd use a classic controller more if the triggers were set up more like a PS controller, but they're not, which makes the whole Z,R thing funny to me. (I use all three, Z, L, and R)

But the gamecube controllers pwn. I recently bought 2 fresh platinum controllers in fear of the great "ban." That's what I compete with, and as far as I know, so does everyone else.

Has anyone brought anything other than a GC controller to a tourney? I've only been to a few, but I've never saw 'em.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Anyone who can use just wiimote and kick *** aplenty gets several cookies.

I started with Nunchuck and Wiimote,then I found my GC controller.

Mmac

Smash Lord
GameCube. I can't really stand the Classic Controller.

Plus I don't have Rechargeable Batteries ;_ ;

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
the only diferrence between CC and GC is that the taunt pad is where control stick should be for CC, sheesh...

(prove me wrong?)

TLMarth

Smash Ace
I use the GCN controller. It's just familiar.
Doubtless if I had not known about the GCN controller or had never played melee I would give the others more credit.
Also,
How to make the wiimote and nunchuk like the gamecube controller:
side buttons set to jump
down button set to attack
A button set to special
That's it. A little improvising afterwards can help people if something is missing.

Top Bottom