• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Do You Use?

Which Controller Do You Use?

• Total voters

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Wiimote + nunchuk. I put my control pad into smashes (but I use it to perform easy aerials, except for neutral aerial), and take both shake smash and tap jump off.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
I use a 'frankenstinian abomination' cobbled together from 5 third-party GCN controllers, 2 Wiimotes, a classic controller, 3 Nunchuks, a DDR dance pad, an old Pac-Man arcade game, an electric piano, and the cockpit of a decommisioned B-52 stealth bomber.

Of course, if I'm at a tournament or something like that, I'll just go with the wii remote+nunchuck.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I use wiimote+nunchuck, but sometimes the nunchuck's connection fractures and it messes me up. Tried wiimote, but it's too hard to do specific actions like tilts.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I prefer the Gamecube Controller over anything else. The reasons why is that it's extremely comfortable, and I'm so used to it, that I've memorized all the buttons, which makes playing Brawl and Melee an absolute breeze. x]

Lord Ba'al

Smash Rookie
Gamecube controller for me. It was easier that way since I was already using the Gamecube controller for Melee. I did try the Wii Remote once, but I just couldnt get used to it.

Slush

Smash Cadet
GCN all the way.

1) C-stick
2) Experience
3) Nice grip
4) Tradition!!

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Some people seem to think they have to use the Wii Remote, Classic, or Nunchuk style simply because Brawl is on the Wii. I disagree.

blu_7

Smash Rookie
GCN controller is a must for me. While the wii controls are tempting to use( since they are fresh), it may ultimately do more harm then good.

I did happen to win "1" match with a nunchucku controller :chuckle:

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I use the classic controller
in melee I used a microcon so it wasn't that big of a change for me
analog sticks respond faster imo

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
I use the Gamecube controller with y set to grab and tap jump off, it makes everything much easier to control

Folm

Smash Cadet
I use Gamecube controller. I think its the best because its what i'm used to from Melee and it has the most buttons. I can also use wiimote+nunchuck but I prefer gamecube. I'd say the worst controller is sideways wiimote.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I use GC-Controller, it's just that I can't let go of the thing that gave me 7 years of pleasure and p0wnage..
A friend of my uses the Wiimote+nunchuck and the Wiimote sideways, because he likes to make it hard for himself with no logical reason...
And another friend of mine thinks that Brawl is ''supposed'' to be played with a Wiimote, he thinks it's lame to play with a GC-Controller, he plays with the Wiimote sideways.. Everytime he loses because of a controller issue, he blames me for my ''lameness'' for using my GCC, while the only thing he has to do is put in a GCC and play better, but he refuses...

Some people...

Uuf

Smash Rookie
I use the GameCube controller, because it feels much more comfortable than the Wii Remote sideways and Wii Remote + Nunchuck. I haven't tried the Classic Controller though.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
i played with a gamecube controller for 7 years
i played with a gamecube controller as a competitve smashers for 2 1/2 years i aint given it up

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I wish they made the "B" button on the GCN Controller bigger, though... :/ I haven't played Brawl with any controller yet since I'm waiting until this Christmas (I have Brawl but I can't use my Wii until Winter Break :(), but with my Melee experience, the "B" button was occasionally hard to press. Plus, sometimes while I'm playing (this was with Melee and might happen with Brawl), I accidentally press the Taunt button (D-Pad) which usually costs me severely, especially if I'm close to being KO'd. :(

Top Bottom