• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which controller do you use for wifi?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
at first I didn't care for the gc controller... and when I was first introduced to melee I just found it terribly clunky in my hands compared to a playstation controller which i was used to using for playing tekken and soul cal. then I got sc2 for gamecube and LOVED it on the gc controller. just couldn't get melee to feel nearly as fluid as sc2.

then I got brawl and remembered how I hated the controller for melee so immediately tried with wii-chuck. never looked back. i've dabbled w/the gc controller and the classic too, classic is really weird w/wolf but it actually worked out really well at first, but I eventually gave up on both b/c my wii-chuck skills are just too ingrained. DACUS on the d-pad on the chuck is second nature to me now, so yeah, wii-chuck all the way for brawl, online or offline.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Wii Remote/w chuck, I find my movements much quicker now that Im use to that compared to the Gamecube Controller. Plus Im able to do DACUS almost just the same as the Gamecube controller as but cant nearly as much as the capabilities of doing bomb slides. Ive just recently tried the GCC after its absence since switching, it feels slightly awkward and also my movements are restricted

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, i second Wii-Chuck, but how does playing GC have restricted movements?

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Well, i second Wii-Chuck, but how does playing GC have restricted movements?
Well for me since the buttons are more thicker to press in my opinion(L and R is an example) and plus I make alot more mistakes on the GCC controller due to it being larger than the wii mote and Nunchuck on Brawl. Im basically able to do alot more techniques easier on the Wii mote and Nunchuck compared to the GCC due to the buttons and size of the controllers. It depends on whos playing with it (I havent really played with the GCC since Melee)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, it depends on the dynamics of the GC controller you use.
I have my L and R buttons, Glide like butter.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Well, it depends on the dynamics of the GC controller you use.
I have my L and R buttons, Glide like butter.
lol well I have two GCC that are "out of commission" and one thats pretty good in its standards. Im basically able to do alot of things on the Wii Mote/Nunchuck with great ease than on the GCC (DACUS, Glide Toss to a good extent, etc etc) and can do things alot easier than the GCC. The GCC is able to sufficiently do techniques with greater success than the Wiimote/Nunchuck because its where it originated from and is the most focused upon for "advanced techniques"

pickle962

Smash Lord
I usually use my trusty GCN controller when I go online, but I'll use a classic controller every once in a while.

UberMario

Smash Master
Official Gamecube Controller, usually mine glitches up though so I have to sacrifice tilts by using my Madcatz/Gamestop controllers which have tiny sticks.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lol well I have two GCC that are "out of commission" and one thats pretty good in its standards. Im basically able to do alot of things on the Wii Mote/Nunchuck with great ease than on the GCC (DACUS, Glide Toss to a good extent, etc etc) and can do things alot easier than the GCC. The GCC is able to sufficiently do techniques with greater success than the Wiimote/Nunchuck because its where it originated from and is the most focused upon for "advanced techniques"
Well, These
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

I usually use my trusty GCN controller when I go online, but I'll use a classic controller every once in a while.
Official Gamecube Controller, usually mine glitches up though so I have to sacrifice tilts by using my Madcatz/Gamestop controllers which have tiny sticks.
GC controller all the way for me.
Pretty much tell the story:laugh:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I know the GCC outnumbers the wiimote and nunchuck plus I would rely on my GCC second to that wii mote and nunchuck. Its a great controller and does wonders

Ramesses 11

Smash Rookie
Is it easier to do more advance tech with the GCC then any other controller? Or can you do advance tech with the classic controller just as easy as the GCC?

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Is it easier to do more advance tech with the GCC then any other controller? Or can you do advance tech with the classic controller just as easy as the GCC?
Thats true but the nunchuck and wii mote second that. Its able to preform glide toss, DACUS, forward smash w/bomb, dairedgeguard(any controller can do that feat as you all know), etc. The GCC ensure that your able to do those techniques more sufficiently than the Wiimote/w nunchuck

Ramesses 11

Smash Rookie
Thats true but the nunchuck and wii mote second that. Its able to preform glide toss, DACUS, forward smash w/bomb, dairedgeguard(any controller can do that feat as you all know), etc. The GCC ensure that your able to do those techniques more sufficiently than the Wiimote/w nunchuck
Ooh, I see, thanks for the info. I mostly play with classic controller, I'm pretty good, but I'm going to get a GC controller off a friend soon. I'm also going to practice with the Wii mote and nunchuck now. Thanks.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Make sure that shake smash is on for you to perform DACUS and glidetoss

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I use Wii-Chuck occasionally, but i find it relatively harder to play with:urg:
The buttons arent of quick acces, should you not have a different configuration.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I use Wii-Chuck occasionally, but i find it relatively harder to play with:urg:
The buttons arent of quick acces, should you not have a different configuration.
I say the opposite for the GCC in my opinion. Well we are entitled to our opinions. I find the Wii/w nunchuck easy access to different moves compared to the GCC because you have to press down on the button less to achieve the same result.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I use the wiimote and nunchuck :D
It's just more comfortable to me, and i don't get hand cramps like with the GC controller D:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I use the wiimote and nunchuck :D
It's just more comfortable to me, and i don't get hand cramps like with the GC controller D:
hmm I never remember getting hand cramps with the GCC. Probably once or twice out of my whole experience using it.:ohwell:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
how can anyone not like the gc controller it's way easier to play with if your use to it's button layout compared to the classic and wiimote alone wiichuck is acceptable to me if your that good with it.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
how can anyone not like the gc controller it's way easier to play with if your use to it's button layout compared to the classic and wiimote alone wiichuck is acceptable to me if your that good with it.
I agree with the comment. I have to say the majority of the players either play on the wii remote/ w nunchuck or GCC (GCC outnumbers the Wii remote and Nunchuck probably)

Top Bottom