• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's your Win 7?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i downloaded the OEM version a month ago, updates work fine and everything
but good for youuuu! =p

Sieg

Smash Champion
So did you actually pay for it though?

Or are you just a pirating ******.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
i made the mistake of going to vista to early. i dont plan on going to 7 for a LONG time yet

Sieg

Smash Champion
I don't think you all understand just how good Win 7 is compared to Vista and XP.

Have fun with your Outdated and **** OS's.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's not that good
if you have vista, get it, it craps all over vista
but if you have xp, no fuss

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
say asta la vista baby
and get win 7 or xp lololol

xp is so fail at times tho T_T but if win 7 is anything like vista it could be a massive fail bomb. atleast its not a mac XP

Dekar289

Smash Hero
xp still has way better compatibility than 7
give 7 a year or so to iron out fail imo

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
[00:51:20] <+_Sieg> I'm a professional troll

Hey soog, how about actually telling them why it's better, rather than just repeating the statement that it is?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Because they should know by now.

The first ****ing reason is because XP can still only hold a maximum 2 gig of RAM. That's ****ing ****house in today's computer market.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Yeah the Ram thing is a good point. But for most people 2gig is all you need. Most people here are console gamers so PC is for the nets and some ****in around on games liek WOW/Cs 1.6/CSS/TF2/L4D pretty much anything that will run perfect on xp and 2gig of ram. But yeah 7 is still pretty new. im gonna give it 6months - a year before i upgrade. Wait until everything i have is compatible and im not ****ed around like with Vista

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'll admit Vista was sit when it first came out.

But man, you're really missing out on this extra speed.

2gig RAM... I guess.

If you're into that slow stuff.

You've gotta remember that 7 uses equal to if not less the resources of XP anyway. It's a win-win.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
k sieg, you have fun with your super fast documents and charts

the rest of us will, ya know, play pc games

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sorry.

I couldn't hear you over my 3.2GHz Quad Core with my 4gig DDR3 running exactly 26 versions of TF2.

Did you want to play some computer games?

I can play twelve at a time if you want.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Sorry.

I couldn't hear you over my 3.2GHz Quad Core with my 4gig DDR3 running exactly 26 versions of TF2.

Did you want to play some computer games?

I can play twelve at a time if you want.
sorry couldnt hear you over my not caring.

consoles are better for gaming anyway, unless we're talking about FPS's and RTS's or course, which makes up basically every good pc game anyway.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sieg if you ran it on xp you could run even more copies of tf2, so your argument fails

Alzi

Smash Master

XP = Melee
Vista = Brawl
Windows 7 = *WE MUST WAIT*

Oh my it all makes sense now. That the next smash bros will definatley be better then melee and brawl.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
lol.

The RAM limitation is a limit of using any 32-bit OS, not a matter of which version of Windows you're using. You could argue it's a limitation of XP since 64-bit XP was a joke, but 32-bit W7 will have the same issue. It's a memory addressing thing (2^32 (4 GB) - addresses reserved for kernel **** = amount of usable RAM). I think Vista/W7 will recognize that the RAM is there, but that doesn't mean it can address it. 4 GB is a hard limit for 32-bit architecture with the exception of using some hacky ****.

More importantly, having more RAM isn't going to make your **** run faster unless you're actually using it all. XP can actually use ~3.3 GB, just no more than 2 GB per app. I'm running 4 GB RAM on 32-bit XP, but I've never come close to using as much as I have available anyway.

Sure, I'd use 64-bit W7 for a new box, but I'm yet to see any real reason to upgrade from my current XP install. Having GUI gimmicks, more RAM availability I'll never use and being on par with XP's performance isn't good enough to bother upgrading - it needs to perform BETTER than XP. :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
mm that's the thing, it's not even AS GOOD as xp in terms of performance at the moment

Dekar289

Smash Hero
wtf? a better OS doesn't mean you can play crisis
get a good video card

Top Bottom