• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's your Win 7?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yarrr but think he means he'd prefer windows xp than 7 to free up RAM to play crysis...

having more RAM isn't going to make your **** run faster unless you're actually using it all
True most of us really need 2Gigs unless you're playing Crysis, BIOshock, Firefox open in the background with 20+ tabs open in XP.

In other words, it is too far reaching for most people to even surpass 2Gigs RAM.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
really tak? try playing initial D mountain vengeance without wanting to kill yourself.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Oh god.

THAT GAME.

**** YEAR GRIND THE RAIL DRIFT.

I HEARD YOU LIKED SUSPENSION AND HANDING!

****, now I wanna play it again lol.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
really tak? try playing initial D mountain vengeance without wanting to kill yourself.
funny thing I bought that game for like $5 =D

I'm more referring to games such as the GTR series, Rfactor, Project Torque and Drift City (for lols) all of which are 100x better then any console racer (that wasn't ported from Arcade :))

Richard7

Smash Ace
lol.

The RAM limitation is a limit of using any 32-bit OS, not a matter of which version of Windows you're using. You could argue it's a limitation of XP since 64-bit XP was a joke
Was about to mention this. XP 64 bit is a joke you say? Whats wrong with it? I used it for a good 2 years, nothing wrong with it. Windows 7 doesn't seem to like Crysis, I'm having strange issues with it that I didn't have on my old crappy computer that had 64 bit XP on it. The issues being infrequent imput lag, physics of houses breaking ect ect not moving smoothly and bad framerates despite having an insane video card, RAM and CPU.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
64-bit XP had bad driver support and compatibility issues. That doesn't mean NO driver support or compatibility, so your experience with it may have been fine for what hardware you had and what apps you used. It just has a bad reputation.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
protip: don't buy the first version of an operating system
first of all the real protip is: don't BUY operating systems

second of all, why the hell wouldn't you get the first version? they are updated over the internet anyway

Dedu

Smash Lord
And you can wait for the free streamlined/cracked version to come out on internets <3

Those are way better than the official versions.
I have a streamlined and cracked version of XP on my other machine and its AWESOME.

Top Bottom