• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where'd "Lightning Kick" come from?

MASword

Smash Rookie
I have way too much fun yelling "ZELDA KICK HOOOO" whenever I get a lightning kick in for a kill. Even more fun going "ZELDA SPIKE HOOOOO" in those once in a million moments when I get it off.

Why "Lightning Kick"? "Zelda Kick" sounds way better.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's called lightning kick because there is a lightning effect on the move when it sweetspots. As a matter of fact, a yellow pikmin can survive a 21% damage lightning kick!
Since the lightning kicks only appear during sweetspots, it's a nice shortcut way to saying you did a kick, and the kick was a sweetspot.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
also, because they've been officially called lightning kicks by nintendo itself

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well... sometimes we call it super-fun-kick-of-death

(sometimes, the adjectives shiney and/or sparkley also make it in there)

... and witht he hitstun... you actually have enough time to say that before you die.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
There shouldn't really be any confusion, everyone should use the name nintendo used. I mean, we call the characters based on the names nintendo gave us too. lol

MASword

Smash Rookie
****, that would explain it. In defiance I will continue to call it Zelda Kick though.

Payless, however, may also get some prime time around here now. :D

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I yell "FOOT O' FREYA" when I sweetspot it. My friends yell "STILLETTO...!" when they use it and "PUMPS!" when it sweetspots.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Zelda does wield Magic from her hands (F-tilt, F-smash, U-air, U-tilt, U-smash, N-air). The U-tilt and U-smash both have electrical damage, and it makes sense that she has some Magic from her feet... the tip of the foot that is. That's my thought on why it is called the Lightning Kick. Even the sweetspot of D-air (only can get it when enemy is in the air) has electrical damage.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I've always screamed out "SEX!"

Otherwise, yes, it's called "Lightning Kick" because that's the actual name of the move, given by Nintendo.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Personally I yell headshot. Mostly because if you get hit by it you are screwed.

Villi

Smash Lord
'Cause people like making up names for stuff and shouting them out in times of glorious win. lol @ Payless.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I have an alternate theory: Zelda is a Kamen Rider, or studying to be one, and Kenzaki Kazuma (Rider Blade) is her role model. My proof? She has a lightning-based finishing kick, her up-taunt is definitely a KR pose, and she also transforms.

So I call it the Lightning Sonic: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ri1lLTJ8_s0

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Whenever I'm playing, I always call it the stiletto too. Which makes very little sense since I'm pretty sure she wears boots now anyway.

Official name be ****ed.

All that said, with my recently found love for Kung-Fu Panda, I feel that "SKA-DOOSH!" will be replacing whatever I say whenever I kill someone with any kind of spike or special move (Lightning Kick, Lucas' Usmash, Ganondorf's stomp, etc).

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
My friends and I always called it the Jesus Foot
this one made me lol the most. i call it lightning kick but when my friends get hit by it one set says AwwWwww...., cause they know their gonna die, the other set mearly says THIRSTY!! and want revenge when they come back >.>

Arean

Smash Ace
Let me call the dair "oops i poked your eyeball off sorreh" move while the side airs are the "omg is that your crotch?" kick

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh yeah.. that's right... I definitely call the Dair "lightning stomp" but the fair and bair are "lightning kicks"

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
When I am on Smashboards I will call it the Lightning Kick, as that is it's name.

To me (and by extention, my friends) however, it will always be the Evil Kick. : )
['evil' is always my tag in smash]

Ryazan

Smash Ace
My friends and I called it the Foot of God until we found out it's official name. We also called Ganondorf's down-B the Foot of Satan.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh and, of course, we call Zelda's Fsmash "SPARKLES!!!!" it might sound gay.... but it's hilarious.

Top Bottom