• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where My Girls At?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I think I got everyone's votes in. If not please remind me to put her in.

I really want to have some of the females in our list to go up against each other to see who is really wanted more. So we'll do just that! We're going to have our females go up against each other to see who really is supported. For our first round, we'll have Midna versus Kumatora!

VS.

Who will win?

To vote, you must do the following:
1) You can post a reply to the topic like normal but if you are going to vote, please bold and underline the word VOTE: and put who you are voting for. (e.g. VOTE: Midna)
2) only votes bolded and underlined will count!

Let the voting begin!

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
VOTE: Midna

Also glad to see that Marina got added :chuckle: (Despite her last name being spelt wrong - it's liTEyears, not liGHTyears :p but ah well, whatever, heh).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Thats not fair, midna has more demand on this forum me thinks..

anyway I VOTE : Kumatora hands down. shes the only female from mother that id want.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
So far, after less than a day, it's been tied up.
Midna: 2
Kumatora: 2
I'll put in my two cents later on if they're needed. :) Oh, and by the way, this poll will only last until Thursday. :p

Anyway, I fixed the Liteyears problem. I didn't really know which way to spell it. That and I probably wasn't paying attention.

Well, as you all know, today was the colors update and two of the females actually got into the updating, not getting really many colors at all but at least some were good.

Introducing colored Zelda (Surprised he even put her in there)

and Fusion Suit Samus

What are you all's thoughts about the three female colors that he proposed to us today? I, for one, am digging the black Zelda and Melee Zelda. And Fusion Suit Samus looks awesome :D

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Yeah! The one with the tough *** Lapras!

Holy ****, I remembered Lapras.

But yes, Lorelai.

I never played past Crystal, she didn't leave, did she?
It would be cool for a Elite 4 selection with the alternates being the other 3 or something

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
So, for the voting, we only got 2 votes for each. I've decided to extend it to Saturday because not enough people voted.

So there is still a running. Don't forget to vote if you haven't already!

[Remember the voting is Midna versus Kumatora!]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
She my be down but she's STILL not out.

Go Kumatora!

thedup

Smash Cadet
VOTE: Midna
and I would like kumatora a lot more if she had long hair. I have a thing about that, being a guy with long hair myself

and my most wanted female chars are:

Micaiah
Midna
those two I want more than anyone else, with ridley coming third

Daisy
she's my main in all the sports games, as well as mario party. I think she's awesome, and btw, I can't stand peach AT ALL

Krystal
Star Fox Adventures is really the only game from the series I particularly enjoyed, and I liked her a lot. It's more me jumping on the bandwagon though, since she's pretty much a shoe-in

Ashley
Even though I don't like Warioware, I've seen some videos of her on youtube, and I find her amusing, and would have quite an interesting moveset

and I'd love playing most of the females from FE9/10, topping the list being Mia, Nephenee, Jill and Astrid

there are some others, but really just the top 4 for sure, and I added Ashley just to make it 5, and because she's cool

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's kinda weird about the hair. Personally, I see it as a cool and fashionable emphasis of her being a tomboy.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, seeing as Teeb already voted (I almost counted a second), the score now stands at

Midna: 3
Kumatora: 3

We don't really seem to be getting anywhere but we do still have til the end of the day so we still have time to see who wins. Keep the votes coming! And it's snowing!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kumatora's chance's died with Lucas' Pk attacks, and especially with his final smash

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Please, Claus has been having a higher chance than her from the beginning and this is from someone who's still supporting her.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
There's a voting in here? Well, I'll saying Midna. (I thought I posted in this place before...)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
There's a voting in here? Well, I'll saying Midna. (I thought I posted in this place before...)
I'm not sure you have posted her before, or at least recently. I think I would've noticed your sig. BTW, I like it :D

Anyways that makes it Midna with 4 and Kumatora with 3. I'm going to go ahead and put in my vote before closing up the vote. VOTE: Midna. We'll say that the poll is now closed with Midna having 5 and Kumatora having 3.
Winner:

Anyways, we'll go ahead and open up another poll! This one will close by Thursday! And for this round we will have......

ROUND 2

VERSUS

Krystal Versus Ashley! Let the voting begin!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*randomly pops back in here for no apparent reason*

You know, I know nothing about Ashley, but she looks very interesting. And I think I've actually grown a slight dislike for Krystal over time.

So my vote goes to Ashley. Even though she seems totally unlikely to me.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
...well Ashley.
I vote for her, because I'm really sure Krystal is already in. And I really like the potenial of Ashley being a playable.

___

Well, about the females in Brawl.
Krystal is sure.

If Micaiah and Midna are also playable, there are also to many male characters.
We need more female characters and also more unexpected.

I love the idea of having Kumatora and Ashley in.

WarioWare has many great females and all of them have a good potential moveset.

Kat&Ana could work like IceClimbers with ninja powers.
Well, Mona is a cheerleader and well she would be also nice.
Ashley is a nice character with dark spells and she has really many nice moves.

You can't say a WW-character has more chances like the others. There are about the same level of importance.
(Well, Mona isn't the female counterpart to Wario. He has a ugly looking princess....)

I hope Sakurai knows what he is doing and there isn't a absolute sausage fest in Brawl.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I hope Sakurai knows what he is doing and there isn't a absolute sausage fest in Brawl.
Whether Sakurai knows what he's doing or not, SSBB is going to be very testosterone heavy. Because that's just what the video game character community is made of. Most of the best video game characters are male, therefor many of the characters we see in Brawl will be male. I still don't think we should be including female characters just for the sake of including them (which is part of my reason for not voting for Krystal, in case anyone cares).

If a character is interesting and important enough, they should get in. If they also happen to have breasts, that's cool too.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
So far, the voting goes...

Ashley: 5
Krystal: 1

I hope the voting doesn't stop there just because it's early in the voting week. That's another story though.

Anyways, Circus does have a good point by saying that Females should not be included just because they are female and that Brawl is mostly male because most main characters are male. Sometimes, it's just better that way too. For instance, yesterday I learned about a game where Zelda was the main character in a game back in 1994. That game didn't look to good at all. Yes, it was probably because the horrible graphics, storyline, etc. but it was bad. Not to say that it couldn't be made with current day Zelda and it'd be better but I doubt that'd happen.

Anyways, there is no reason that more females couldn't pop up as main characters in many games. Whether or not that will happen before Brawl, I really doubt but for now, our chances for 50 percent females are very low. Let's just be grateful for the girls we already have. :p

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Anyways, there is no reason that more females couldn't pop up as main characters in many games. Whether or not that will happen before Brawl, I really doubt but for now, our chances for 50 percent females are very low. Let's just be grateful for the girls we already have. :p
True, true. The video game industry as a whole just needs to start making more quality female leads. And they're getting there. They just need to seriously consider female leads for the new franchises they'll be starting. Maybe then we can have another true female lead character other than Samus.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, and one who doesn't dress like a *****. I'm a guy and I find this insulting to girls and the characters themselves.

Top Bottom