• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where My Girls At?

y3nia659

Smash Ace
hey Samus isn't the only female leading icon out there, Peach is up there too along with a lot of 3rd party females like Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, and Fire Emblem female lords are also main characters so they don't stay behind.

I dislike when people say that Nintendo has very few important females, when in fact there's a decent number of them in the video games (low, but decent)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
hey Samus isn't the only female leading icon out there, Peach is up there too along with a lot of 3rd party females like Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, and Fire Emblem female lords are also main characters so they don't stay behind.

I dislike when people say that Nintendo has very few important females, when in fact there's a decent number of them in the video games (low, but decent)
Judging by SSB (which I would say is a pretty good game to judge from), Nintendo essentially has 3 iconic females: Samus, Peach, and Zelda. Of the three, Samus is the only one who is the lead character of her game (the one you play as).

Zelda and Peach are both very important to their franchises and certainly qualify as important, deserving female characters. But Samus is still the only really iconic, notable female lead in a Nintendo game.

Lara Croft is iconic too, just not Nintendo.

I wouldn't count characters from Fire Emblem and the like, because I really wouldn't say FE has reached a wide enough audience yet. Characters like Samus, Peach, and Zelda have a much better chance of being recognized than female characters from FE.

Technically, there are plenty of female video game characters out there. But there are few that have reached that Peach/Zelda/Samus status (in fact, right now, I'd say they're the only ones with that status).

y3nia659

Smash Ace
you think so? well I don't think Dixie is far off either, she's pretty iconic as well, to a lesser degree compared to Peach-Zelda- and Samus. Also there's other girls who are very iconic too and star in their own games, even though they are no were near iconic but there's quite a load of them.

I don't think it's necessary to only include the iconic characters, though it's nice, it's always nicer to give some spotlight to some un-noticed characters (like the Ice Climbers).

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Chun Li is iconic for Capcom

Unnoticed girls...thats a huge list, but if we're talking about girls that can take care of themselves then Mikaya!

Top Bottom