• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where My Girls At?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
While looking at the Smash Bros. DOJO! Updates, I realized that there have been little to no updates for our favorite [and out-numbered] female playable characters. So where are all our updates at? Is there a reason Sakurai is holding them back or has he just failed to post them? There are some [Yes Zero-Suit, I'm looking at you] who have been here since the beginning and still no updates. How come?

Here is all we know about the females, from the updates:

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
1.Zelda:

-Character Confirmation
-Role in Subspace Emissary

2.Peach

-Character Confirmation
-Role in Subspace Emissary

3.Samus/Zero-Suit Samus

-Character Confirmation
-Samus's Final Smash
-Transformation
-Tether Recovery Move
-Zero-Suit's Special Moves

3.5 Nana

[Although she doesn't count as much because she is part of a group and, unless she heads the team, cannot stand on her own.]
-Character Confirmation
-Final Smash

ASSIST TROPHIES
Lyn

-Assist Confirmation: Basically appears, crouches and readies for an attack, vanishes and quickly strikes.

In My Opinion, a little more appreciation should be given to these well-deserved characters.
My idea is for a week of female updates, including Final Smashes and movesets, all leading up to the confirmation of any one of the females suggested [Gardevoir, JigglyPuff(?), Sheik, Midna, Krystal, Miciaiah, etc.). The Female fighters need all the support they can get!

We Want Female Updates!

Okay, I've composed of a list of female characters that I have often seen posted around the thread in signatures and in threads. I'm putting the list up. What you can do, if you'd like, is to look through the list and find your favorite character(s) and put them down as a reply. You should include why you chose her, a moveset that would ensure you playing as her, and what you think her chances really are (If Not already added).

The list goes as follows:

-Princess Peach

-Captain Syrup

-Daisy

-Princess Zelda/Sheik

-Midna

-Samus/ZeroSuit Samus

-Pokemon Trainer Female

-JigglyPuff

-Micaiah

-Arya

-Kumatora

-Paula

-Dixie Kong

-Lip

-Nana (As the head of the team)

-Female Animal Crosser

-KOS-MOS

-Krystal

-Jody Summers

-Bubbles

-Golden Sun Females (Mia, Jenna, Sheba, and/or Karst)

- Ashley

- Amy Rose

- Medusa

-Ayumi

-Lopunny

-Menardi

NEW EDIT: ADDED

-Marina Liteyears (Shake Shake)

-Kat and Ana

-Vivian

-Mia

-Tiny Kong
If your favorite female is not posted, tell me and I will be sure to put her in!

Tanea

Smash Ace
i agree WTF nothing on peach and the other well what the hell. well lets hope that we have something big waiting for us

Yes! They should do like a quadruple update: Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, Micaih, and Krystal... Everyone would be like O: and sakurai would leap into the air and shout "GIRL POWER!"

Or something like that... Anyway, yeah we need more female updates

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I say a week where Krystal, Lip, Jigglypuff, Jody Summers, and Kumatora are all confirmed to be playable.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Yes! They should do like a quadruple update: Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, Micaih, and Krystal... Everyone would be like O: and sakurai would leap into the air and shout "GIRL POWER!"

If Sakurai actually said that...I'd be laughing my head off. XD

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Lip
Jill
Kumatora
Midna
Krystal
Bubbles
Barbara
Micaiah

Jigglypuff technically doesnt count cuz Jigglies could also be male....

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I agree with orion. :p

And also Lyn was a update... just not a character one. >.>
Well, ya caught me D3! Sometimes, I jus can't stay away from Smashboards for long.

To tell ya da truth, I'm not really upset that Zelda, Peach, and Samus got no character updates so far. I just want some tight kick @$$ female to step in da fray besides Krystal. That's not too much to ask is it?

Saku

Smash Cadet
We already have 3 females. (I don't count Nana.) Lip, Paula, Daisy (if he so decides), and Krystal *shudder* are 4 other possibilities that I can think of.

Please tell me we have more *likely* female candidates to choose from within nintendo besides a girl whose main means of fighting is already being used as an item, a little psychic with christian inspirational touches, a supped up version of Peach (with better hair), and an "adventurer" who travels the galaxy to search for something in little clothing.

smashbot226

Smash Master
*Snipes Shuma*

Now it's over MY dead body.

We actually have a bigger problem...

Forget the females, WHERE ARE THE UPDATES FOR KIRBY?!? There hasn't been one for him since his introduction!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
*Snipes Shuma*

Now it's over MY dead body.

We actually have a bigger problem...

Forget the females, WHERE ARE THE UPDATES FOR KIRBY?!? There hasn't been one for him since his introduction!
^_^ I know we're long overdue for his update, but I don't want to get off the topic of this thread (at least that much), hopefully he'll have some new moves (Get rid of that garbadge hammer turn it into his netural A or something).

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
What does it mean? Noting Really, just that i support the Black Knight and unless Marth is gone i don't think Micaiah should get over the Black Knight.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
We already have 3 females. (I don't count Nana.) Lip, Paula, Daisy (if he so decides), and Krystal *shudder* are 4 other possibilities that I can think of.

Please tell me we have more *likely* female candidates to choose from within nintendo besides a girl whose main means of fighting is already being used as an item, a little psychic with christian inspirational touches, a supped up version of Peach (with better hair), and an "adventurer" who travels the galaxy to search for something in little clothing.
Will Jody Summer suffice? Captain Falcon is in need of his woman.;)

Saku

Smash Cadet
Is that really all though?
Now I REEEEAAAAALLLLLLY need to finish my game design schooling.. >_<

MysticKenji

Smash Master

LOL That would be too good.

Sakurai severely undereps his own series...

@Saku

Micaiah?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Know what female this game needs? Jill Valentine.

Definite props to Saku, that was really funny.

As far as more females, the gaming industry forgot to make "Pink Tea Party: The Game" who would've had 5 main characters, all of whom were female. I know there are female gamers out there, but the majority is still guys, and as long as thats the case, the female main characters will be hard to come by, as most of them will be sexy idiots, like they've been up til now. (excluding the few good ones)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
In My Opinion, at least 2 - 3 new female characters should be added. Not to mean it should stop there but I think that, if Sakurai isn't thinking of adding that many [even though he has said he wants more females] than I think 2 to 3 should be the limit.

Any ideas for the perfect female character list would be?

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
why would we need more female characters?
I mean i know the they are mostly males but i still don't understand why they would put in a charcter cuz its female over an important character?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I mean i know the they are mostly males but i still don't understand why they would put in a charcter cuz its female over an important character?
There are important girl characters. I highly doubt Daisy would've had a higher priority over Wario.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I agree that a character shouldn't be in Brawl just because she's a female, though I don't see anything wrong with adding a character that is female and important. (ex Krystal and Mikaya).

-Knight

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
They wouldn't do that.
Example: They wouldn't put Krystal in before Fox, but they might put Krystal in before Falco, because of her feminine qualities.
In the sense of secondary characters, having ovaries helps in the competition, but nothing beats out being the main character (ie: fox > krystal, link > zelda).

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
OMG!:confused: that means they would put in gardevoir over meowth cuz she/he loooks female:(!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In My Opinion, at least 2 - 3 new female characters should be added. Not to mean it should stop there but I think that, if Sakurai isn't thinking of adding that many [even though he has said he wants more females] than I think 2 to 3 should be the limit.

Any ideas for the perfect female character list would be?
Peach
Zelda/Sheik
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Jigglypuff
Jody Summers
Micaiah or Ayra
Krystal
Captain Syrup
Kumatora

Nine girls that come to mind.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
My roster Goes a little something like this:

-Zelda/Shiek
-Peach
-Samus/ Zero-Suit
-Nana [Ice Climbers]
-Gardevoir [I Am aware that Gardevoir can be both male and female but it has such feminine qualities I'll put it on the list]
-Micaiah
-Krystal
-Kumatora [Mother needs more reps]

Total: 8
New Additions: 4

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My roster Goes a little something like this:

-Zelda/Shiek
-Peach
-Samus/ Zero-Suit
-Nana [Ice Climbers]
-Gardevoir [I Am aware that Gardevoir can be both male and female but it has such feminine qualities I'll put it on the list]
-Micaiah
-Krystal
-Kumatora [Mother needs more reps]

Total: 8
New Additions: 4
I think she'd be more interesting than Paula. Come to think of it, Paula work perfectly as an AT with Prayer.

ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I think Kumatora would have very good chances if they really do replace Ness with Lucas.

I really don't mind at all but I know some people would. :/

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Why the crap are people so obsessed about females in smash?!
we don't need more females, just good characters!!!

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Why the crap are people so obsessed about females in smash?!
we don't need more females, just good characters!!!
I have to say you do have a good point. While it's good to have female characters, I think what they can contribute to Smash Bros should outweigh their gender. That's not to say there aren't good characters that also happen to be female. I can name a few off the top of my head including Lip who's the star of Panel de Pon and could have position swapping abilities identical to that of panel swapping in PdP, Jill who is the protagonist of Screw Breaker/Drill Dozer and would be a small-sized heavyweght with a mighty drill mech to rip her opponents apart, Krystal who has the greatest potential out of any Star Fox character to not be a clone of Fox and holds a strong supporting role (much larger than most of the other characters) in the Star Fox series, for starters. Wanting a character simply for the sake of some sort of gender quota isn't doing these characters justice, and sort of a step backwards in support for the female characters as it says these characters are only worthy because they are female and not because they are good enough on their own to equally compete with their male colleagues.

I understand the want for female characters, but let's support these girls for what they can do, like we do for any other character, and let their gender simply be a nice bonus.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
my guess is next friday's update will be a double update:

Zelda's Special Moves &
SHEIK PLAYABLE!

Top Bottom