• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where My Girls At?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They also have a theory that Geigue was actually female AND is says that they think Giygas is female IN earthbound
Pics or it didn't happen.

EDIT: TC, change this thread to, "Where My Girls At?"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pics or it didn't happen.

**** that...play the game...I passed that part a while ago

It didn't not happen just because you haven't played the game a read what people say...and it would take hours to play through just to show someone one stupid line

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
They also have a theory that Geigue was actually female AND is says that they think Giygas is female IN earthbound
Giygas is the raw force of evil. He has no absolute form anymore, making his final image twisted. Nowhere does it say in the game that Giygas is female. However, he is actually both in the sense of how he was birthed. The Earthbound creator came up with Giygas from a traumatic past expeirence involving a **** scene from a movie he happened upon accidently.

He is not female, but the message he stands for makes him come out as both sexes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
**** that...play the game
Franklin Badgely, I would play the game. However, I can't read Japanese nor do I have a Super Nintendo. I'm stuck waiting until it gets on the Virtual Console along with the probable MOTHER 1.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Giygas is the raw force of evil. He has no absolute form anymore, making his final image twisted. Nowhere does it say in the game that Giygas is female. However, he is actually both in the sense of how he was birthed. The Earthbound creator came up with Giygas from a traumatic past expeirence involving a **** scene from a movie he happened upon accidently.

He is not female, but the message he stands for makes him come out as both sexes.
In the most it says...."Giygas is female...I think....though it may be male." or something along those lines

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Guys, can we please try to keep on topic.
I'm sure if you made a topic or searched for a topic on Gigyas, you'd find one and you guys could discuss it there..

in the kitchen where they belong! :p
Make that two sexists who have put the female updates are in the kitchen. C'mon people! I'm going for a record here >:O

I want to see Zelda's update, and see if her VB is still Sheik.
a ZSS update would be pleasant too.
I don't care about Peach.
Same here... except I do care about Peach :O

Ummm.. How do you do that exactly? This is my first thread and I don't really know how to do that. :/

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It's because Sakurai is sexist. He keeps all the female updates barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
It's because Sakurai is sexist. He keeps all the female updates barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.
That's three "In the Kitchen" Comments already!

and I really don't think that Sakurai is the sexist one here...

You should be able to do it by editing the title of the first post.
I found it. I had to Go to the Advanced part and, as you can see, I got it.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to think that if an Animal Crossing villager was to become playable, they would have a "gender/palette" swap, much like how when you change palettes with the Climbers in Melee you also change who's leading (Popo or Nana). Have half the palettes the male from the box of Wild World, the other half female (or, if you go to the Nintendo World Center site and look in the store section, you can find plushies of these two characters).

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I'd like to think that if an Animal Crossing villager was to become playable, they would have a "gender/palette" swap, much like how when you change palettes with the Climbers in Melee you also change who's leading (Popo or Nana). Have half the palettes the male from the box of Wild World, the other half female (or, if you go to the Nintendo World Center site and look in the store section, you can find plushies of these two characters).
Yeah, this idea has been presented in some of the Animal Crossing Threads but it hasn't been pointed out here. Thanks for bringing it up.

They're just jokes. Chill.

Also, in light of the new title of this thread, this MUST be posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCRrbh7if-0
o-o I know they're joking because I am too. I'm just counting for the sake of giving me something to do. And that song can be the threads theme song!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
o-o I know they're joking because I am too. I'm just counting for the sake of giving me something to do. And that song can be the threads theme song!
Ah, my bad then.

Theme song, ftw! When I read the title, I instantly thought of that song (a bit pathetic, I know). Yay for bad, 90's one-hit wonders!

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Ah, my bad then.

Theme song, ftw! When I read the title, I instantly thought of that song (a bit pathetic, I know). Yay for bad, 90's one-hit wonders!
Yeah, it's only a tad bit pathetic. Just a tad though.
Haha Bad, 90's one-hit wonders as theme songs for threads FTW!
(Overly Exaggerated, really long name, I know)

Hehe, I put the URL to the theme song in the topic post :O :D

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Okay, I've composed of a list of female characters that I have often seen posted around the thread in signatures and in threads. I'm putting the list up. What you can do, if you'd like, is to look through the list and find your favorite character(s) and put them down as a reply. You should include why you chose her, a moveset that would ensure you playing as her, and what you think her chances really are (If Not already added).

The list goes as follows:

-Princess Peach

-Captain Syrup

-Daisy

-Princess Zelda/Sheik

-Midna (with or without Wolf Link?)

-Samus/ZeroSuit Samus

-Pokemon Trainer (Alternate Costume?)

-JigglyPuff (As a female)

-Gardevoir (As a female)

-Micaiah

-Lyn (Even though she's an AT)

-Arya

-Kumatora

-Paula

-Dixie Kong

-Lip

-Nana (As the head of the team)

-Female Animal Crosser (Alternate Costume for a Possible Character?)

-KOS-MOS

-Krystal

-Jody Summers

-Bubbles

-Golden Sun Females (Mia, Jenna, Sheba, and/or Karst)

EDIT: Added

- Ashley

- Amy

- Medusa

-Ayumi

-Lopunny

If your favorite female is not posted, tell me and I will be sure to put her in!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think this thread misses a major point, certainly there are some female characters that deserve a spot in brawl, but I think that the most major issue is an overall lack of good female characters in video games in general, especially protagonists.

In fact there is a decided lack of important non-white-straight-male characters (though not a lack of non-protestant ones, however the opposite bias tends to be in place since every monotheistic organization is inevitably evil, usually because their deity is, and this is also true of non-monotheistic organizations that seem similar to Christianity, but I digress).

We need to push for important non-white-straight-male characters, thus we can actually include more such characters in the next smash game.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
I can think of a few females...

Ashley
Lip
Krystal
Ayumi Tachibana
Michaiah (I SOOOO spelt that wrong)
Lopunny

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think this thread misses a major point, certainly there are some female characters that deserve a spot in brawl, but I think that the most major issue is an overall lack of good female characters in video games in general, especially protagonists.

In fact there is a decided lack of important non-white-straight-male characters (though not a lack of non-protestant ones, however the opposite bias tends to be in place since every monotheistic organization is inevitably evil, usually because their deity is, and this is also true of non-monotheistic organizations that seem similar to Christianity, but I digress).

We need to push for important non-white-straight-male characters, thus we can actually include more such characters in the next smash game.
Exactly how I feel, only worded much, much better than I'm capable of.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

That was one of the most confusing things I've ever read on SWF. I mean I understood it but it seemed to be leading to something else.
I agree with the first paragraph, but that could have been concluded from the lack of female characters in brawl.

Anyway, you asked for them, and I put them up. Ashley, Amy, Ayumi, Lopunny, and Medusa have been added!

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it really sucks that like what 90% of smash chars have to male. I mean WTF that freaking sexist the game doesn't need to have a perfect balance of males/females but mayhap like 60% male, 40% Female. Put at least 2-3 more females and I'll be happy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
As long as they add Lip then I will be satisfed. Also add Ashley and Micaiah in there.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I really hope more female characters are going to be in SSBB. My list right now of female characters would be:

Ashley
Daisy
Krystal
Lip
Midna

It seems as though it's really unfair that not enough female characters are added to SSBB. Instead there are random Japanese male characters that no one as ever heard of in the US that are added to SSBB (and all look fairly similar in my opinion). It's just kind of annoying to see things like this replace characters I would love to see in the game, especially the females because there aren't enough of them......

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You might want to put that list on the first post.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That was one of the most confusing things I've ever read on SWF. I mean I understood it but it seemed to be leading to something else.
I agree with the first paragraph, but that could have been concluded from the lack of female characters in brawl.

Anyway, you asked for them, and I put them up. Ashley, Amy, Ayumi, Lopunny, and Medusa have been added!
It's not leading somewhere else, it's face value, video game characters (at least important ones and especially protagonists) are dominated by white straight males in a ratio far greater then their actual ratio to everyone else.

Because of this, there's no way that smash can fairly give anywhere approaching gender equality (think about it, the only female character they can include in smash without a male character is Samus without dipping into third party slots).

Thus, the industry has an overall problem with sexism, not so much smash.

Yeah, it really sucks that like what 90% of smash chars have to male. I mean WTF that freaking sexist the game doesn't need to have a perfect balance of males/females but mayhap like 60% male, 40% Female. Put at least 2-3 more females and I'll be happy.
Nah, Smash isn't really sexist, the industry in general has issues with sexism, smash just picks good characters and it's not the creators of smash's fault that there's relatively few good female characters.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
You might want to put that list on the first post.
Will do.

It's not leading somewhere else, it's face value, video game characters (at least important ones and especially protagonists) are dominated by white straight males in a ratio far greater then their actual ratio to everyone else.

Because of this, there's no way that smash can fairly give anywhere approaching gender equality (think about it, the only female character they can include in smash without a male character is Samus without dipping into third party slots).

Thus, the industry has an overall problem with sexism, not so much smash.
Okay that made a lot more sense than the other post. What you say is very true because hardly any females can stand alone. If you think about it, Peach can be more "stand alone-y" now because of Super Princess Peach, but that game isn't big enough to have that much of an effect on her status. Your point was made.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Let's hope to get one this week.

I don't see why not.

Pretty much every other character has gotten some form of update before...
lemme check on that...

The only other character that have had no updates are:
-Metaknight: You could technically say he has had his Special Moves updated by the Special-Attack explanation page.
-Lucas: Hasn't been on the site any length of time Near Zelda.
-Ice Climbers: Same rule as Lucas.
-Peach: You could technically say her FS and attacks have been confirmed due to the video confirmations. Either way, Zelda was on the site a month before Peach.

Talk about being a little unfair?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
It's really unfair. It drives me nuts everytime a new character is revealed, their SM or FS come next, such as Sonic's.(which I hate that he's in.)

AND he excluded her from the demo. ALL because of stupid Shiek.

AND in the video he released, Zelda is seen taking damage, and that's it!

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I do like the taunt they gave her.
That was something new.
I can feel a Zelda update.
Sometimes my feelings are right.

Nonetheless, I think Sakurai is trying to keep Sheik secret, hence why Zelda wasn't playable.

BTW, ethan, I like your sig. :p

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Effeminate? Huh?

And of course you like my sig. Who Wouldn't?

Yeah, I've had those feelings too, but not for a while.

Top Bottom