• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where do you want to go?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I know that many smashers are able to balance going to school, having a job, and are still traveling to tournaments, but for the many of us who are bad at getting motivated for something that isn't that fun or interesting, I have a question. ssbmdemon18 recently brought up that a lot of us really just want to play smash and live away from our parents... but in order to move away from your parents you'd have to get a good job in order to support yourself. He said:

"You could get together with 2 or 3 friends and just hey bro want to get minimum wage jobs and get an apartment and play smash bros and hang out? then 5 years later you can finally say 'forget this, time to go to college and get a real job'"

which to me kind of sounds like a great idea. Of course, both of us are at least somewhat responsible, we both attend college, he also juggles a job, and I struggle to get one. Not to mention there's always the possibility of doing just that while still attending school.

I've also come across a lot of smashers who have stopped playing competitive smash but are still partially involved in the community and still enjoy the game. Older or jaded smashers, I guess. They say the game doesn't hold the same draw for them as it used to, but they'll still play friendlies and ask for advice late into the night. Sometimes it's obvious that someone has reached a plateau but is too stubborn to admit it. They would quit due to a build up of frustration. Other times I think it can be attributed to changing interests associated with age and maturing... but we still have players like CogSmooch (who is married and has children and is nearing his 30s) who still enters tournaments and doesn't mind traveling out of state as long as it doesn't conflict with his family/job. As the current generation of smashers starts to grow older, I've been wondering...

why the girl is green greens still debated as a legal stage in tournament?

srs. ban it. it's dumb.

SleepyK

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
I've also come across a lot of smashers who have stopped playing competitive smash but are still partially involved in the community and still enjoy the game. Older or jaded smashers, I guess.
HELLO I AM STILL YOUNG TYVM

lmao at how this topic turned out

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
If that is the case, then I'd say I 110% agree with crio, and that me and that man need to get together some time.
lol. Yeah. The stage is awful.

But to counterpick Green Greens is an experience that everyone should do.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
So Sleepy... which of the two is this topic REALLY about?
I have legitimate input to add to the conversation if you're seriously talking about your first paragraph.

But if this is all about green greens...
I got nothing. Fox can already auto-win on corneria. Green greens is useless as a CP.

SleepyK

this is clearly a troll thread

but it's about both really.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i bet it's the first paragraph but florida rolled in with all they high schoolers and now it's about green greenz

lmao florida

SleepyK

read post above yours bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
ok wtf just because i don't refresh my page before posting doesn't mean you can post before me

SleepyK

well no, it was a 20 minute gap. imo tong was prob busy with hoes

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
YEA i got a date in 10 hours and then georgia tech is flying a guy out to pay for my dinner

man life is good

SleepyK

will there be no responses to the first half of the thread?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Be serious people and post an actual reply to the OP. We don't have many 100% legit threads like this one in here. Don't ****ing screw it up!

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i like smash bros and all but i like dem hoes too

it's about balance

minimum wage and smash bros won't land me dem material things that i(and all nearby womens) have been raised to love

Purple

Hi guys!
will there be no responses to the first half of the thread?
of course, when you post something completely unrelated, chances are the south will flood on what's unrelated to the entire post, especially if it actually has something important and serious in it.

Who reads serious things nowadays?

People need to take enough time to get out of the smash shell and do something with their life. Most of us do want to make money i would assume, and whether you like it or not, if you aren't making money in the first 4 years of smash, you're pretty much stuck down the ****ter from what i see (at least in the sense of large up-scale tourneys). At that point you're just playing for the sense of the community. I'd rather get my life straight when life allows me and play smash later for the community when i have a higher paying job.

The idea of getting a minimum wage job, playing smash with friends is great and all i guess, but all of us like getting some actions from girls (or guys) i would presume, and unless they're into the the same thing (and in a game like smash, that's horribly unlikely) our "fun" ideals aren't attractive, and not many smart, nonpsycho, attractive, monogamous girls will give in to that sort of thing.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Screw that, I'm gonna find me a very beautiful but crazy female and work minimum wage my whole life while playing smash till I'm 50. After that I'll downgrade to Master Chief Party 9 for gaming.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Personally I love the smash community, and I don't mind just working and playing smash.
I don't know if I'll ever quit smash- but that doesn't mean I'll accept a minimum wage job forever.
I'm still trying to advance myself in life, as I try to better myself in smash as well.
It'd be totally rockin' to get several smashers living together and all working and just smashing and hanging out in their free time- sounds like a lot of fun to me.
Speaking of which, I *might* still be getting a house...

SleepyK

1) of course, when you post something completely unrelated, chances are the south will flood on what's unrelated to the entire post, especially if it actually has something important and serious in it.

Who reads serious things nowadays?

2) People need to take enough time to get out of the smash shell and do something with their life. Most of us do want to make money i would assume, and whether you like it or not, if you aren't making money in the first 4 years of smash, you're pretty much stuck down the ****ter from what i see (at least in the sense of large up-scale tourneys). At that point you're just playing for the sense of the community.

3) I'd rather get my life straight when life allows me and play smash later for the community when i have a higher paying job.

4) The idea of getting a minimum wage job, playing smash with friends is great and all i guess, but all of us like getting some actions from girls (or guys) i would presume, and unless they're into the the same thing (and in a game like smash, that's horribly unlikely) our "fun" ideals aren't attractive, and not many smart, nonpsycho, attractive, monogamous girls will give in to that sort of thing.
1) ya it was kind of a bothie thread anyway.

2) wut is the smash shell
most people who play smash are high school --> then college
or high school ----> day job

3) idk it's really easy to say that. really, really easy.

4) wait so having your own apartment and job prevents you from getting girls? man, i guess i should live with my parents and bum off them and just sit there awash in booty.

Top Bottom