• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Mario move?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
His cape, can't go wrong with sending an upB-ing wolf in the wrong direction off the ledge.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE the cape. Ever since Melee, It has been at the core of my Mario gameplay. XD

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
cape for sure. especially in this game, where you knock back people. probably one of the few moves that you'll need from him. not saying that any of his moves are useless though.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I have a lot of favorite moves for Mario haha.

B button: Cape of course.

Aerial: Bair

Smash Attack: hmm can't realy tell, i like all of them.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
f-smash, with great spacing this attack is beastly. And the cape, is there anything it can't do

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I like the D air. multiple hits and easy combo starter. And F smash, strong and looks cool.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
i can't believe i'm saying this, and when i first found out about it i thought it was going to suck balls, but the more i keep finding out ways to gimp people with fludd, the more it becomes my favorite mario move!!!!!

It's so weird, people were flaming it so much, but the potential it has behind it is so crazy. Now we just need to find out ways to make it a broken move, like ness' old yo yo glitch.

besides that, i love the dair, (priority, di, mindgames, etc)....i just wish he could still float with it, imagine how great his recovery wouldve been if it was like weegee's?

hyphen usmash and uair are dope too...

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Fair is getting no love here at all, so that's where my vote is going. It's hard to sweetspot, yes, but when you do, it feels good.

Also, cape and up tilt. Good junk.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm a Mario n00b, so my Mario is still very Melee-ish, but I'd say Bair. I'm used to spam Bairs (and Dsmashes) with most of my characters, so I'm glad I can do that with Mario. The cape is amazing too, I 2-stocked a really tough Ike by caping his UpB and his SideB, but I still have to get the timing right. My least favorite move would be FLUDD... I can't use it effectively at all, but as I said before, my Mario is very Melee-ish.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
:ohwell: I love FLUDD, and I'm not entirely sure why. But I also love to use his dsmash; it's fast and hits all around him. Cape = ****, of course, and spamming fireballz is fun too. :upsidedown:

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Cape hands down. I also really like his Uair and Bair, his Nair is also pretty good because it gets him out of a lot of sticky situations. I'm starting to kinda like the FLUDD, mainly cause of how badly it ***** G&W.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My favorite move is probably his fsmash just because I absolutely love the way it looks when it slows down once you knock your opponent off the side of the screen when you finish off your opponent. Mario's arm extended out in what resembles a "tiger stance" with his hand in flames... too awesome.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Easy

#1) Cape. It's so useful and unique. Nothing quite like combining it with FLUDD, either, or hitting a Zelda with it mid-teleport.

#2) Uppercut. Excellent finishing move, and great for those hard-to-reach places that you can just barely reach.

#3) U-Air. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe because... I don't know.

#4) N-air. There's something satisfying about killing someone with this. Also helps to keep the juggle along.

vato_break

Smash Master
Easy

#1) Cape. It's so useful and unique. Nothing quite like combining it with FLUDD, either, or hitting a Zelda with it mid-teleport.

#2) Uppercut. Excellent finishing move, and great for those hard-to-reach places that you can just barely reach.

#4) N-air. There's something satisfying about killing someone with this. Also helps to keep the juggle along.
lol...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Easy

1. Yep

2. Yah, but it's not really a great finisher. Maybe around 140-150. Really great for juggling though.

3. Uair is one of the best juggling moves there is, there's a good reason why almost every Mario abuses it.

4. Yah, but it doesn't really have all that much kill power. It might kill around 140-150 I guess. I like it because it seems to go through a lot of high priority moves.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Dtilt. No question. It does...what...3 damage? Can't get better than that. About 40 of those and MK's in KO range.

Top Bottom