• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats your favorite band/genre

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Alternative/Indie?
Sunny Day Real Estate/ American Football/ Get up Kids.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Look at the sig. Alright!!!

My Top 5
1.) Underøath
=] tell me i really would like to know
my personal favorite would be underoath.

YEAH!!!
Underoath power!

Beautiful.

Ahem. Other than them would be Breaking Benjamin & Saosin.
My favorite song ever is "No Games" by Breaking Benjamin.
My favorite genre overall is probably alternative/hard rock.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
sighs i dont even know where to start....

Genres:Drum and Bass/Jungle/Rock/J Rock/trance/hip-hop/house
any of these can be good for a combo video.depending on the speed...keep things epic with something hard or fast.if its experimental use something with style stuff like that....dnb and House are on of my favorites to use..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sd_IOVyZ-CQ

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
My God, I cannot STAND bands like Underoath. Everything about them annoys the hell out of me. The lyrics are awful, I HATE their whiny voices, and almost all of them have drummers that just try to show off how fast they can roll around the toms. Listen to real music.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
My God, I cannot STAND bands like Underoath. Everything about them annoys the hell out of me. The lyrics are awful, I HATE their whiny voices, and almost all of them have drummers that just try to show off how fast they can roll around the toms. Listen to real music.
Although Underoath isn't spectacular, you really shouldn't include them in the category you're describing. I would hardly call either of their vocalist whiney and your can't understand 50% of the lyrics anyway.

That said, they may just be another screamy band with distorted guitars, but take it from someone who hates the monotony of all those other bands—Underoath is one of the better ones. They're really a more intelligent version of most of the other bands they're compared to.

As for the topic at hand, I really try not to keep my field of vision too limited. I've noticed that it's really tough for me to get into any country, but I can find something (sometimes lots of things) that I like about just about any other genre. Pop, electronica, metal, indie rock, hip hop, ambient, whatever.

As for favorite artist, it changes constantly. But right now I'm obsessed with Innerpartysystem. If you don't know them, check out their myspace and listen to the song "Don't Stop". It'll set your face on fire.

L__

Smash Master
Fahrenheit - Chinese Pop
S.H.E. - Chinese Pop
East Clubbers - Techno
Michael Jackson - Pop Rock

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
LIKE?

What would you consider real music? That is what this thread is for, your favorite bands and/or genres! The point is to post what you like, not yell at us for what we like!

Also, I've decide to extend my list, with commentary!

My Top 12!!! (see, I added 7. Ha!:laugh:)
1.) Underøath (psyched for new album, very addictive hardcore sound)
2.) Funeral For A Friend (psyched for their new album too, this band has gone downhill, but the old stuff stays with you, catchy and awesome)
3.) From Autumn To Ashes (they're on indefinite hiatus now, :(, this great hardcore band was a long time favorite of mine)
4.) Darkest Hour (great metal band, new stuff rocks)
5.) Between The Buried And Me (crazy metal band, the music is very addictive and above all original)
6.) Motionless In White (hardcore and awesome, debut CD out now is great, very good keys/synth player)
7.) Thursday (this New Jersey band has some great albums, and their shows are the best)
8.) Alkaline Trio (been hooked on this band since I heard the song Armageddon in Tony Hawk's Underground, awesome alternative/punk sound, new album is great)
9.) Atreyu (i've been listening to them ever since their first album, and it's still great music in my eyes, a shame they quit the screaming in the latest album)
10.) Alexisonfire (this Canadian rock band's songs are really addictive, even with the screaming in some)
11.) The Devil Wears Prada (I have no idea why I love this band, but they sound really good for metal/screamo)
12.) Foo Fighters (i had to include at least one mainstream rock band, and these guys are incredible)

L__

Smash Master
I'm going to list almost all my music that I DON'T MIND LISTENING TO. Not limited to ones that I purely like.

Band - Genre -

Fahrenheit - Mandopop/C-pop
S.H.E. - Mandopop/C-pop
Wilbur Pan - Mandopop/C-pop, Hip-hop, Rap
Freestyle - Korean Hip-Hop
Dragonforce - Power Metal
Avenged Sevenfold - Metalcore, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Streetlight Manifesto - Ska Punk
*EARLIER DISNEY SONGS (Lion King music, Little Mermaid, etc.)* - Ballad
Jay Chou - Mandopop, R&B, hip hop, pop rap, pop, rock
Blink 182 - Pop punk, Punk rock, Skate punk, Alternative rock
Sum 41 - Alternative rock, Pop punk, Punk rock
Linkin Park - Alternative rock, Rap rock, Nu metal, Alternative metal
Eminem - Hip Hop
East Clubbers - Trance
Brisk and Vagabond - Trance/Techno
Elvis Presley - Rock and roll, Rockabilly, Rock music, Rhythm and blues, Country rock
Michael Jackson - R&B, soul, pop, disco, rock, funk
Rise Against - Melodic hardcore, Hardcore punk, Punk rock
Foo Fighters - Alternative Rock, Post-grunge
Jackie Chan - Mandopop/Cantopop
System of a Down - Alternative metal, Nu metal, Experimental rock

I'm too tired to post anymore...

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
My top 5:
1)Linkin Park
2)Three Days Grace
3)Sum 41
4)Lost Prophets
5)Blink 182

I like almost anything that falls in the rock genre

PD4FR

Smash Ace
My top five:

1. System of a Down
2. Rage against the machine
3. Muse
4. My Chemical Romance
5. The Prodigy

Genre? I like System.:)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dr. Octagon. Nice pick cheap_josh. Whenever people are all like "hip-hop sucks, it's not real music" Dr. Octagon and MF Doom are the first two I always retort with. Truly epic artists in their genre.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Anyone ever heard of Fear Before the March of Flames? Their new stuff is simply brilliant. It's kinda hard to categorize them though...

Also, Memphis May Fire and A Skylit Drive, even though they're both average cookie-cutter screamo bands

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of them, but never listened to them. What are they, more metal, alternative, etc., whatever as long as you can "sort of" categorize them.
It's a mix of alternative and metal IMO. Their old stuff is pretty rough, but they actually softened it up on their new album, "The Always Open Mouth".

al-x_clip

Smash Apprentice
Anyone ever heard of Fear Before the March of Flames? Their new stuff is simply brilliant. It's kinda hard to categorize them though...
yeah ive heard of them I <3 them =] great pic of music.
oh but about bullet for my valentine their new album sucks they only good songs they have are "waking the demon" and "scream, aim, Fire''

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
My Favourite genres would be Nu-Metal and Rapcore. My favourite bands are:
Slipknot, Disturbed, Coal Chamber, Otep, MushroomHead, KoRn, Soulfly, System Of A Down, Limp Bizkit, Rage Against The Machine, (hed) P.E., Mudvayne, P.O.D., Spineshank.

Other Good Bands:
SevenDust, Crazy Town, Linkin Park, Deftones, Methods Of Mayhem,

People call me a poser for not listening to "Real" Metal. I tried it and didn't like it that much. =/
Oh well...

PD4FR

Smash Ace
NeBz, I completely agree with SOAD and RATM.:)
I made a post on page two.:)

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
yeah ive heard of them I <3 them =] great pic of music.
oh but about bullet for my valentine their new album sucks they only good songs they have are "waking the demon" and "scream, aim, Fire''
In my opinion, they're best album was the "The Poison". I haven't heard a lot from their new album, but what I've heard isn't as catchy as some of their older songs...

D20

Smash Lord
I really enjoy Chiodos since their albums contain a variety of sounds and though-provoking lyrics. As previously mentioned, Underoath is a very solid band that is at the top of their genre. Coheed and Cambria has a classic rock feel to it, which I find refreshing. Other than that, I really like classical music... Mozart and Bach.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
NeBz, I completely agree with SOAD and RATM.:)
I made a post on page two.:)
Yayz. Three cheers for all the Disturbed fans aswell.

Let's not forget about Miley Cyrus though. Too good. Mirite?!

al-x_clip

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, they're best album was the "The Poison". I haven't heard a lot from their new album, but what I've heard isn't as catchy as some of their older songs...
yeah the poison still amazes me i listen to it all the time. =D
I really enjoy Chiodos since their albums contain a variety of sounds and though-provoking lyrics. As previously mentioned, Underoath is a very solid band that is at the top of their genre. Coheed and Cambria has a classic rock feel to it, which I find refreshing. Other than that, I really like classical music... Mozart and Bach.
yeah chiodos is very good. they way they right their lyrics.and as for underOath i consider them my favorite band because i like how they are christian,and just the vocals.

Yayz. Three cheers for all the Disturbed fans aswell.

Let's not forget about Miley Cyrus though. Too good. Mirite?!
MILEY CYRUS FTW!!!! and her older brothers band METRO STATION FTW I <3 THEM

Top Bottom