• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe What's the worst thing in a Mario Game that has ever happened to you?

Loxo

Smash Rookie
I have all question for all of you, what's the worst thing in a Mario game that has happened to you? The worst thing that ever happened to me was the time when my Super Mario 64 DS card lost ALL of it's memory.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Lost power while doing a complete playthrough of Super Mario Bros. 3 (as in playing every level), was in the middle of World 8 when it happened, as well.

UberMario

Smash Master
I was completing everything in the original Super Mario All-Stars. I had completely beaten SMB1, SMB2 and SMB3 and was working on the extra levels of SMB:LL. I saved after finishing World B, and the next time that I turned the system on, all of the saves were gone.

ParaChomp

Smash Cadet
Why's everyone talking about losing their data?

That bonus level in Super Mario Sunshine, with the poisoned water, red coins, and lily pad.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I collected 241/242 stars in Super Mario Galaxy 2 only to have my Wii stolen. I've had a new one now for some time, but it's hard to get motivated to do all those stars I already completed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I first played Super Mario Bros 3 as a kid, my father told me the mushroom powerups killed you...so every time I played I refused to collect the mushrooms...

It never sit well with me that they would kill you coming out of a block that also supplies coins, but it was the first video game I ever played so I didn't have gamer instinct. Eventually I just collected the mushrooms, and from there I went on to beat Bowser

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
When I played SM64, I got glitched inside a pillar in the pyramid and I was doing a livestream of it. While totally hilarious, I lost a TON of viewers for it because it took me forever to restart the game (it didn't seem to want to load).

UberMario

Smash Master
When I played SM64, I got glitched inside a pillar in the pyramid and I was doing a livestream of it. While totally hilarious, I lost a TON of viewers for it because it took me forever to restart the game (it didn't seem to want to load).
Did you ever upload this to youtube? I would like to see it. lol

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I did have an older YT channel, but it got purged in the "YT Let's Play killings". :( So it's gone now. I suppose I could stream again some other time, but I have zero idea of how I got stuck in that pillar haha.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Wait back up, the "YT Let's Play Killings"? I've been watching NintendoCapriSun for a year or so now, and I vaugely remember this last year; what exactly happened?
I know it was the reason I never got into LP'ing, but the gaming sub-genre really is coming into it's own this year.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Dying by invisible blocks from Lost Levels. Super Mario 64 the camera view messed up my jump when I was getting the 4th star from Tick Tock Clock level. I fell from the platform to jump on the Thwomp and fell all the way down as the starting spot section of the level......

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Yeh. I also hack Super Mario World when I am bored.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Just wait until you play my hack, where literally everything is out to get you, and I make use of all sortsa the games elements and objects and whatnot, like slopes and pipe travelling. The levels are also themed, like DKC.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
When I finally beat Galaxy 1 (my least favorite Mario title), I found out I had to play through the whole game a second time. Thanks a lot, Nintendo.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
When I found out that Super Paper Mario was a gigantic pile of crap.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I was playing Mario Party 6 on Faire Square. Our team had an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF STARS while the other team was nowhere near as close. Then Miracle Time happened and we had to exchange stars. I had to ragequit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe not my worst dilemma, but in Mario Sports Mix, I gave up some points in Volleyball while blocking, either by using it at the wrong moment, or falling for the fake outs.

UberMario

Smash Master
Super Mario 64 the camera view messed up my jump when I was getting the 4th star from Tick Tock Clock level. I fell from the platform to jump on the Thwomp and fell all the way down as the starting spot section of the level......
This is even worse in Super Mario 64 DS, where it's almost impossible to jump in a straight line at crucial times.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
The worst thigh that ever happened to me in a mario game.......

Mario Kart: First place, last lap, suddenly hit! takes home 8 th place!

Super mario 3: that one castle level on the 8th map! its like a maze! I run out of time....

Supermario sunshine: going in that one many level where you have to be tossed by the Pianta. I get to the last one, its a redo for the 4th time.

Super Paper Mario: Rpg is gone!!

Loxo

Smash Rookie
This is even worse in Super Mario 64 DS, where it's almost impossible to jump in a straight line at crucial times.
Really? I never had a problem for camera angles, or at least in Super Mario 64 DS. Which reminds me... all of those times where I lost data.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Smash 64 old mario stage:flying out through the bottom pipe as link 0% chance of recovery with out help
SM64 DS:My brother deleting my Perfect File with all stars or when using AR getting my DS froze when i moon jump or sprint.
NSMBWII:File got corrupted

whAmm3y

Smash Rookie
The worst thing the that ever happened was when I had almost finished Super Mario Galaxy and I lost all my save DATA! :(

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
That bonus level in Super Mario Sunshine, with the poisoned water, red coins, and lily pad.
Oh my god, that level gave me PTSD.

Accidentally tearing my control stick out of its socket during a Mario Party 1 control stick spinning minigame counts as well.

:phone:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
On the NES Super Mario Bros. I fell into a bottomless pit while trying to get past the Hammer Bros. A few seconds after the music when you die I got it again since the Hammer Bros. were still throwing hammers and they were going into the pit. I lost 2 lives from that.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
The worst thing ever is probably when all my data from Mario Party 3 got erased... Mario Party 3 is one of my favorite games of all time, and when does records all got erased... I almost cried. :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In Mario Kart, you're prepared for incoming Red Shells, and yet you still get hit, because the Red Shell went around your defenses. That happened a lot in Mario Kart DS.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
In Mario Kart, you're prepared for incoming Red Shells, and yet you still get hit, because the Red Shell went around your defenses. That happened a lot in Mario Kart DS.
A million times this. Especially on tighter turns where it turns sharply and ends up hitting you on the side.

BSP

Smash Legend
This isn't in game, but I sold Mario party 3

I was really stupid back then

:phone:

§leepy God

Smash Master
Chance time
And that's why I try my best to not get angry on Chance Time, it never works. xD

I'll say the worst thing to me is Mario Lost Levels, a level with the shortcut pipe that would take you back to level 1, and had no lives. T_T

Ninja in Overalls

Smash Apprentice
worst thing ever? A tie between 2 things. First is one time when i was doing a sm64 speedrun, i had 119 stars, and all 8 red coins in the final bowser level. After that i tried the wall kick to jump dive into the star, completely failed and fell into the warp pipe. I instantly ragequit. Fml.

Second one, i was working on a mkdd time trial on dk mountain for about 3+ hours, finally i was on an awesome 1.45.xxx run but on lap 3 i fell off of the bridge right at the end because i decided to ssmt on it like a little chode. Again, intantaneous ragequit.

Moral of all this? Time trials and speedruns are the enemies of sanity.

Top Bottom