• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the most unfortunate thing thats ever happened to you in Brawl?

SandBagMan117

Smash Rookie
I was on spectator mode in Wifi and i bet 100 coins on a team. They were about to win but my internet went off and i didn't win anything. Instead i lost 100 coins which is total bs.

Whats your story?

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
I was on FD sudden death, i knock him off as TL he goes flying i get hit with a bomb and die before the sparkle finishes...

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
When you lose in team brawl because your teammate playing captain falcon walks into Ike's Foward smash.

SuperKairu

Smash Rookie
Spawned into a Kyogre and Groudon pokeball (what are the odds?) Well, I took about 70% damage and am flying back to the stage with no one to edgeguard me. I must not have been paying attention because some guy playing kirby activated his final smash and bam KO'd. I didn't even get to attack anyone wow.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wasn't there already a thread on this? I could be wrong.

Nevertheless, this is scrub talk, to be honest.

To chip in: I once got knee'd on both sides by two pink C-falcons.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Whenever attacks hit me right before I dodge-roll. There must be some vulnerability frames between shielding and rolling, as I get hit a lot trying to dodge-roll at the last second. Ticks me off by far.
... that's probably the most annoying thing. it seems rolling SUCKS in brawl.

especially getting up from the ledge as lucas. i mean with any other character it's fine... but with lucas somehow it's SO SLOW that every time i do it my opponent CHARGES A SMASH while i'm in the rolling process and hits me BEFORE I EVEN HIT THE GROUND for the roll. you'd think a roll recovery from the ledge would offer invincibility frames or something.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I payed some amount of coins on a spectator match, and all my team did was taunt. Over and over. Until they got killed :ohwell:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
When I had one of those guys who runs away and taunts all game as a partner in team battle (then he killed himself twice and took two of my lives -_-).
Actually I have no idea if this is the GAYEST, but it happened yesterday so its the first one that comes to mind.

Veggi

Smash Champion
When I constantly see Lucas charging his up smash, and I think, I got you now! So I run up and get picked up from the side and die.

Oh yeah I was playing on the pictochat stage and I saw my opponent stunned so I go to attack him for the kill and a whale appears in my way. Seriously wtf!

Yawgmoth

Smash Cadet
when i first met Melee's sister Brawl, i fell in love. she seemed like everything melee was but more - like allowing for a long hard single player mode. so eventually melee and i broke up and i went after brawl. when we finally got together a few months later, i immediately removed the covers and got ready to play her on my wii, only to find out SHE WAS NOW A GUY (pic:
8==D
). all though she seemed like melee's more attractive sister on the outside she clearly lacked the insides for our relationship to continue, so i quickly left her (not before finding out this was due to a failed sterilization operation done by someone named dr. sakurai who wanted to make her easier to play with for the inexperianced - too bad he could keep his
8==D
out of it, or it might have ended up better for us). anyway, im back together with melee. even though i usually get punished and ***** when we play, at least shes good everywhere.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nothing "gay" has ever happened to me in Brawl.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
when i first met Melee's sister Brawl, i fell in love. she seemed like everything melee was but more - like allowing for a long hard single player mode. so eventually melee and i broke up and i went after brawl. when we finally got together a few months later, i immediately removed the covers and got ready to play her on my wii, only to find out SHE WAS NOW A GUY (pic:
8==D
). all though she seemed like melee's more attractive sister on the outside she clearly lacked the insides for our relationship to continue, so i quickly left her (not before finding out this was due to a failed sterilization operation done by someone named dr. sakurai who wanted to make her easier to play with for the inexperianced - too bad he could keep his
8==D
out of it, or it might have ended up better for us). anyway, im back together with melee. even though i usually get punished and ***** when we play, at least shes good everywhere.
genius

10imasavethistomycomputer

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
this thread should be closed.

Gay isnt an insult its a way of life where one man loves another man.

I find it hard to believe your SSBB game while your were playing as mario said "Oh Yea, let me lick you you handsome man."

I rest my case.

In other words, this thread should be called "The most unfortunate thing that has happened to you in brawl."

rofl

J18

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the title of this thread is a little un-PC. I know gay may be used synonymously for stupid very commonly, but you never know who you're upsetting. Just a friendly heads up, try to think before you speak (type?).

Squidster

Smash Ace
I was ganon and used down b right as my opponent hit me... I ended up doing RIGHT as i went over the ledge (i was at like 15%) and self deathed...

3 times in a row

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I once got Warlocked punched by 3 ganon's in an FFA while i was Olimar.
Needless to say I died.

They all taunted afterwards.

I still won but boy was my *** sore.

Worst thing ever though is: I play a snake user.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SandBagMan117 said:
Whats the gayest thing thats ever happened to you in Brawl?
March 9th, 2008. Sunday. I just picked up Brawl, and sped all the way home, ran upstairs, and popped it in. "Wow'ed" through the entire opening cinema, then went straight to training mode and picked Link, my main all the way from Smash 64 and up through Melee. I'm facing Ike on Battlefield. For a few seconds I just sit there and listen to the gloriously orchestrated music and stare at Link as he adjusts his hat or whatever. I scroll through the item list for a bit, the steel myself and decide to dive right in. I smash the control stick to the right--I'm gonna' run right up and smack that Ike, when--BLAM!! I ****ING TRIP ON MY ***.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
March 9th, 2008. Sunday. I just picked up Brawl, and sped all the way home, ran upstairs, and popped it in. "Wow'ed" through the entire opening cinema, then went straight to training mode and picked Link, my main all the way from Smash 64 and up through Melee. I'm facing Ike on Battlefield. For a few seconds I just sit there and listen to the gloriously orchestrated music and stare at Link as he adjusts his hat or whatever. I scroll through the item list for a bit, the steel myself and decide to dive right in. I smash the control stick to the right--I'm gonna' run right up and smack that Ike, when--BLAM!! I ****ING TRIP ON MY ***.
I LOL'd

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
I was Peach fighting a CPU (was really bored). We both were at 1 stock and I picked up a bomb when I was turniping but I didn't notice and when I threw it we were really close and I died.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Tripped @ like 15% when playing against ice climbers... got grabbed, then got chain grabbed to deathed =(. My opponent once tripped right into my f-smash during a tourney match once though :).

Top Bottom