• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the funniest thing somebody has said to you about Smash?

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^Except not really. Usmash was really stupid but all the other nerfs were grossly unnecessary.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Yeah I dunno about you but Greninja was like, barely even A tier before his nerf, he could've stayed where he was.

Kinda sucks he got hit hard.

At least he isn't Zelda, who for whatever reason, Sakurai is too scared to make her good in any game.

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Greninjas safe up smash was silly but it wasn't going to be putting him into S tier with the current metagame. His tournament presence is incredibly low right now, so it's rather stupid. And it's not like a safe up smash is something exclusive to Greninja either.

Avakrr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cluelessjoe
3DS FC
4511-0460-5313
I guess sakurai was just listening to then fans...
Its probably a bad habit for them by now.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
":jigglypuffmelee:and :sheikmelee: are the worst melee characters."
":4darkpit: was planned for Brawl, not just a alt." (Kid Icarus Uprising wasn't even in development yet) My friend still believes this :facepalm:.

"Eventhubs is more reliable than some silly Backroom."

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
"Call of Duty is better because it has guns and not stupid **** characters"
"Smashboards is just a bunch of nerds that don't know how to play Smash"
"Ganondorf in Brawl is better than Meta Knight
"Mega Man? You mean that guy from the game with **** graphics?"
"Why isn't Trever from GTA V in Smash?"

Lol.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
"Smash just isn't fun to me anymore"
I'm failing to see the humor in this...

Saying "Smash is bad because it doesn't have ____ from ____" or "Why isn't there blood?" is 'funny' because it shows ignorance, but that's just someone not having fun anymore.

Anyhoo, to stay on topic

"You can't play a girl, they're weak"
Proceeds to beat them with Zero Suit and Palutena, they were four years old...

YourCityPigeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
FirewhaleSH
I'm failing to see the humor in this...

Saying "Smash is bad because it doesn't have ____ from ____" or "Why isn't there blood?" is 'funny' because it shows ignorance, but that's just someone not having fun anymore.

Anyhoo, to stay on topic

"You can't play a girl, they're weak"
Proceeds to beat them with Zero Suit and Palutena, they were four years old...
LOL how did they respond? It must of been pretty funny.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well they were four years so it was more cute then funny, wish I could remember though. I did try to teach them how girls can be as strong as boys, but then they wanted to play monster trucks.

Afterwards I played with their parents and friends, beat them in a 2v4 with my bro, then we packed up and left.
Now every time I see them they say, "You came to our house with Smash Bros, beat us up, and left."

YourCityPigeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
FirewhaleSH
Well they were four years so it was more cute then funny, wish I could remember though. I did try to teach them how girls can be as strong as boys, but then they wanted to play monster trucks.

Afterwards I played with their parents and friends, beat them in a 2v4 with my bro, then we packed up and left.
Now every time I see them they say, "You came to our house with Smash Bros, beat us up, and left."
It can still be funny in a cute way, but it is a good lesson to teach at a young age. Good job!

YourCityPigeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
FirewhaleSH
I guess I'll contribute something to this thread.

I was at this giant LAN party. They were having a Smash 4 tourney, and my friend was getting destroyed by this Diddy player. (Note this was before the nerf)

Some other smashers and I were just watching and complaining how broke Diddy was, and this random guy with a Diddy plush on his shoulder runs up to us and yells "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!" and runs off. It was pretty funny.

Not really stupid, I mean Diddy could be dealt with even back then, but it was just such a weird and funny situation.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Some guy in the youtube comments was saying Lil Mac is overpowered because if he controls the middle of the stage he wins. I proceeded to tell him that Lil Mac isn't even that good of a character and can easily be punished for his abysmal recovery, air game, as well as his camp game.

He then calls me biased and assumes that I use Diddy Kong to beat him but I don't even use him so I told him that I main Fox. He then says that I'm biased (again) and says Fox is a speed demon and that is the only reason why Fox beats Little Mac.

I then just say that hes just johning because he can't use his brain when fighting a linear character.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Some guy in the youtube comments was saying Lil Mac is overpowered because if he controls the middle of the stage he wins. I proceeded to tell him that Lil Mac isn't even that good of a character and can easily be punished for his abysmal recovery, air game, as well as his camp game.

He then calls me biased and assumes that I use Diddy Kong to beat him but I don't even use him so I told him that I main Fox. He then says that I'm biased (again) and says Fox is a speed demon and that is the only reason why Fox beats Little Mac.

I then just say that hes just johning because he can't use his brain when fighting a linear character.
Ok he just said this "Just get off your high horse and concede to the point that Little Mac is badly designed. My +20 comment was made before the 1.0.4 patch too, so you can't win this."

Really moronic imo

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"Tiers don exits, game is perfectly balanced."

*20 seconds later*

"MK/Mac/Ike/Pit/Kirby is cheap!"

Me: "So much for balance."

*Dofus deletes account*

---

*Somebody calls X a clone*

"No he isn't, s/he's just similar but not exactly the same."

Me: "Because they'd totally put two of the exact same character in the game."

"But Doc/Dark Pit is-"

Me: "Similar but not the same. Semi-clone amirite?"

*Incoherent arguing about how Villager/Lucario/Little Mac is a clone of Snake/Mewtwo/Captain Falcon*

*My friends come in and laugh at him*

*His friends come in and laugh at him*

---
Last one.

"Dark Pit took Dixie's slot!!!!1!"

Me & collective Dark Pit forums: *Laughs*

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Friends of mine wanted to ban Mii Fighters on the basis that I was owning their faces with Brawler and Gunner and therefore "Mii Fighters are overpowered!" (Incidentally, Customs were on, and we were using equipment with the other guys having imported builds from my friend's 3DS. All I had was +7/+7/+7 from the starting equips since he hadn't gotten any equipment or custom moves on the Wii U version yet.)

Also, "Stop camping!" When I'm chasing them around the stage with Gunner FAirs. Apparently if it in involves projectiles, it's camping…?

Last edited:

YourCityPigeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
FirewhaleSH
I have a friend that says I suck, but when I beat him easily he rambles on about not practicing. lolnojohns

Speaking of him, he never uses Smash terminology correctly. Like he says "I JUST JOHNS'D YOU BRO" when he takes a stock. I like the guy, but this is just cringey. He does it on purpose too, so I don't mind that much lol.

He mains Lucina and insists she is better than Marth. I play Marth against him just for the lols, he can't handle dat tippa. He's a great guy tho, I really want to play more matches with him but he is more of a DOTA 2 guy.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I have a friend that says I suck, but when I beat him easily he rambles on about not practicing. lolnojohns

Speaking of him, he never uses Smash terminology correctly. Like he says "I JUST JOHNS'D YOU BRO" when he takes a stock. I like the guy, but this is just cringey. He does it on purpose too, so I don't mind that much lol.

He mains Lucina and insists she is better than Marth. I play Marth against him just for the lols, he can't handle dat tippa. He's a great guy tho, I really want to play more matches with him but he is more of a DOTA 2 guy.
Just tell him CYKA, he'll understand.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
A question Every noob I've ever played with asked in Brawl or 3DS/Wii U after breaking the Smash Ball:
"How do you use the Smash Ball?"

What makes this funny is that they'll always flail around, pressing every single button But B, and KO themselves in the process.

XL_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-5463-6168
"Little Mac is a bad character and has no options out of shield"
"Mega Man is a bad character and has no options out of shield"
"I prefer male Robin"

D

Deleted member

My sister looking at Ike on the character select screen: "Is he from Street Fighter?"

BIGLETTERS

Smash Rookie
"Ness' Up-B to too OP! Its been OP ever since Melee and should be banned!"

Mind you this is my game friend who is the basic definition of memes, and says he "wrecks house" as Ness, and I personally destroyed him as C. Falcon

Khao

Smash Lord
"Ness' Up-B to too OP! Its been OP ever since Melee and should be banned!"

Mind you this is my game friend who is the basic definition of memes, and says he "wrecks house" as Ness, and I personally destroyed him as C. Falcon
You're the friend of an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation?

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeah I dunno about you but Greninja was like, barely even A tier before his nerf, he could've stayed where he was.

At least he isn't Zelda, who for whatever reason, Sakurai is too scared to make her good in any game.
Is possible make her decents isn't chance EVERYTHING? XD

srn347

Smash Apprentice
"Sheik sucks in this game, her down B is the worst move in the game"
"Zelda is amazing in this game, her down B is the best move in the game"
Both said by the same person, about melee. They weren't entirely wrong...

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116

This makes me so sad : ( I wish she would get some sort of love.

On topic: one of my irl friends is convinced that Meta Knight is still as good as brawl….poor guy just doesn't understand smash.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
"Vote bart simpson for smash, he can do a cool move with his slingshot"

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
" Share stock is unfair"
"Shielding is unfair!"
And my favorite, "Rollout is too broken of a move in Melee, we should ban it."

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
"R.O.B. is the projectile-spammiest character in the game!"
The best part is that this was said by a Link main.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
"Little Mac is so unfair"

"How the hell is there a competitive smash bros scene? It's literally a button masher. That is all you do."

"Duck Hunt? What's he from?"

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580
All my friends think Brawl is the first smash bros game..i laugh every-time. they also call Smash "brawl" like smash 4 is "the new brawl"

Top Bottom