• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
Dumbest thing I've ever heard?

"Tiers are for queers"

and (talking about ledgeguarding)

"If they did that at the Penny Arcade Convention tournament they would be banned, believe me, I know."

and after losing to my Mewtwo many many times

"THATS IT, stop using Mewtwo, hes just too good in this game, let's see if you can beat me with Fox, it'll make things more balanced"

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Me: "Did you know that for a short time in Melee, Sheik was banned?"
Guy 1: "No, I really didn't know that!"
Guy 2: "Oh I know why Sheik was banned! It was because Sheik is a part of Zelda! So because they're two characters together, they didn't want that! So she was banned!"

(Same people from above story)
*Ike d-airs me up to my death*
Me: "Holy crap! Haha! 'REVERSE SPIKE!' Yeah!"
Guy 2: "Actually, that WAS a spike."
Me: "...What? I went up, how is that a spike?"
Guy 2: "Because you were off the stage and he hit you with a down air."

Proverbs

Smash Lord
One time I was playing a really terrible match. I was doing absolutely horrible and the person I was playing against (who was better than me), likewise hadn't really warmed up. If anyone watched us they would have looked at us and just been like, "You're stupid." This was my first time playing with these people and I was thinking "Wow, I look terrible right now."

One of the kids there just looked at the screen in awe and said, "I am nowhere close to your level" referring to both of us. I nearly cracked up. I was playing a horrible match XD

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
One time I was playing a really terrible match. I was doing absolutely horrible and the person I was playing against (who was better than me), likewise hadn't really warmed up. If anyone watched us they would have looked at us and just been like, "You're stupid." This was my first time playing with these people and I was thinking "Wow, I look terrible right now."

One of the kids there just looked at the screen in awe and said, "I am nowhere close to your level" referring to both of us. I nearly cracked up. I was playing a horrible match XD
that wasnt about smash in general
what a stupid post

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
"what is wavedashing" i said that.
INOINOIWASANOOB
but After 2 days on SWF the first thing i did was look up wavedashing

enza99

Smash Rookie
A:how do u smash?
B:you hit the b button and left or right really hard
A:oh ya

...these 2 kids on the bus r like idk the worst gamers ever... theyre like obsessed but really i mean if ur obsessed at least know what ur talking about... ive also heard them talk about an "xbox720" ...

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
me: (watching "Shined Blind" on my laptop) "yeah, so this is some footage I shot of myself playing"
scrub friend: "When was this from?"

my fox <<<<<<<<< Zelgadis' Fox

Proverbs

Smash Lord
A bit of a variation, but I've seen a couple of really smart n00bs.

One played REALLY intelligently. He just did things n00bs don't do, like edgehog and he wasn't half bad with Kirby. It's really weird. He may have taken less stocks off me than others, but he definitely played better than any other n00b I've ever played.

Also, talking to another one of my friends and mentioned that me and another friend of ours (we were the best of our group at that time and exceeded the others by a pretty good amount) had decided to switch back to Melee. He replied "Oh, I liked Melee better anyway." Coming from a man who questioned if wavedashing was even useful or just for show. Smartest thing I've ever heard a n00b say about smash.

"no items suck!" -daniel Zerkel

"Brawl is the greatest fighting game of all time, and Melee sucks" -Daniel Zerkel

Yeah, I hate that scrub.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
"Melee is so much slower than Brawl."

"It's stupid that Captain Falcon can't grab onto the ledge after his forward-b."

And my favorite one.

"In Melee when you're playing, they make it like someone's holding your hand through the battle. Hit stun is so cheap you don't even have to try."

Bailey

Smash Hero
The Wombo Combo as a word is gonna get overused by noobs and it's gonna get annoying.

Friend: The characters don't make a difference, it's the player and how he uses items in the match!

'Fro

Smash Lord
One of my inexperienced buddies who mains Link:

"Marth's grab range is so short!"

I grab him from Marth's max range. His reaction: "o_O"

Regam

Smash Rookie
"No going for only one person!"-friend
"Stop killing me!"-same friend
etc.

My favorite, on Smash 64:
"Maybe you win if you have the lowest percent. Let's jump off the edge right before the timer runs out!" -me
(I was, what, eight? give me a break)

chriskikz

Smash Cadet
"Smash is a dumb game.Its a bunch of fur ***s feeling eachother up."-Person i dont like threw rocks at him when he said that and insulted him and put him in an armlock until he cryed......not joking.
"I could beat Isai without any practice."-person in my school.Idiot.Laughed because he was so wrong I could smell it.
:psycho::psycho::psycho:-people who dont play smash look like this
:):):)-People who have discovered smash look like this

chriskikz

Smash Cadet
A:how do u smash?
B:you hit the b button and left or right really hard
A:oh ya

...these 2 kids on the bus r like idk the worst gamers ever... theyre like obsessed but really i mean if ur obsessed at least know what ur talking about... ive also heard them talk about an "xbox720" ...
can i ask a question how can you be so dumb and just plain an idiot( not you enza99 the people your talking about) Sorry for double posting didnt mean too expected someone under me to post...............please dont report

Missile

Smash Apprentice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo
It doesn't matter what controller you use in melee, you will still be 0->deathed because the game is so broken.. Solution? PLAY BRAWL!

Mizar

Smash Ace
Yesterday I was playing against my friend and he said: ''DUDE WHAT THE HELL?! Don't hang on the ledge when I'm trying to recover, thats so f-cking cheap''

wait wat?

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
"Smash is a dumb game.Its a bunch of fur ***s feeling eachother up."-Person i dont like threw rocks at him when he said that and insulted him and put him in an armlock until he cryed......not joking.
"I could beat Isai without any practice."-person in my school.Idiot.Laughed because he was so wrong I could smell it.
:psycho::psycho::psycho:-people who dont play smash look like this
:):):)-People who have discovered smash look like this
yea that dude should look like this :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom