• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
The stuff that was said in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCYdYt306PI
Wow, what an idiot. "Kirby is the cheapest character." The Samus combo assumes that you can't even tech. "The characters I have excluded don't have strategies." Moron. His Kirby sucks. Anyone can quickly squirm out of DK's cargo or Yoshi's egg quickly OR that combo at the end that assumes no one can press anything to get out of a grab. And throwing turnips? Psh, if that YL was trying, his stupid Peach would have been getting owned. Man, idiots like this just make me sick.

Edit: Hey, I'm posting a comment on that vid for the benefit of this poor, misinformed smasher. You guys, go give it a thumbs-up.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
My brother, after complaining about how I kill him by edgeguarding a lot. I play Marth, so yeah... -.-

My brother: "That's all you do, you just stand there, grab, and then keep me off the stage."
Me: "You mean...I edgeguard?"
My brother: "Yeah, edgeguarding is p***y play!"
Me: "..."

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
*Zane and a scrubby friend play a round. His Ganon, my Kirby. Four-stock him.*

Scrubby Friend: Who's the best character in the game?
Zane: Fox, definitely.
Scrub: No way. Fox sucks. You own me with Kirby, he has to be better.
Zane: *Breaks out laughing*

I should really show him the tier list. Then again, tires don exits. >.>

Kiprusoff

Smash Rookie
I was playing in a tournament with a family member; I discovered I could easily beat them with Dr. Mario by using the tornado and throws; pretty basic.

Anyway, after using the tornado about 3 times in a row and then tossing them right off the stage (Dreamland) they said "Stop hitting me! Arrgh!"

I just laughed and made fun of them after that. >.>

Another time I was playing, I played as Mewtwo about 6 rounds in a row and won every time. The SAME PERSON as above says "Stop using him!"

After letting them use him and winning in a KO fight 6-2, they said I was cheating.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
"with marth, you can play as for around 5 minutes and reach his full potential" from a debate on tiers. His whole part is that tiers are ONLY the learning curve and how long it takes to reach professional with a character.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Arrogant "Friend": "Super Smash Brothers is for 9 year olds."
Me: "Pfft, that's because you never even played it."
Arrogant "Friend": "I've seen it, it looks very stupid. I rather play the PS2 than Nintendo kiddy games."
Me: ...(What a Loser)

And Thank god he isn't my friend anymore. >_>

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
Wow, what an idiot. "Kirby is the cheapest character." The Samus combo assumes that you can't even tech. "The characters I have excluded don't have strategies." Moron. His Kirby sucks. Anyone can quickly squirm out of DK's cargo or Yoshi's egg quickly OR that combo at the end that assumes no one can press anything to get out of a grab. And throwing turnips? Psh, if that YL was trying, his stupid Peach would have been getting owned. Man, idiots like this just make me sick.

Edit: Hey, I'm posting a comment on that vid for the benefit of this poor, misinformed smasher. You guys, go give it a thumbs-up.
I'm going to assume that is the only thing in that video that actually works, but still will never happen. If it uses the same concept as wobbling (which is something the guy who made that video hasn't even heard of probably), then it's not possible to mash out of it.

Nonetheless, it's a ****ty idea that won't ever happen in real play from a craptastic video.

To stay on topic with the thread: "Stop cheating."

Supa_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
This is the definiton of a Smash noob

I was talking to my friend who has had the game since release and i asked him if he can even beat a lvl 9 bot.(he is really bad by the way) and he said "The bots have levels" I just put my face in my palm and walked away

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
This is the definiton of a Smash noob

I was talking to my friend who has had the game since release and i asked him if he can even beat a lvl 9 bot.(he is really bad by the way) and he said "The bots have levels" I just put my face in my palm and walked away
He was still probably stuck in Event Mode :p

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
no no. it was the n00bs way of thinking. if I'm playing by myself, why do verses mode with computers when I can do 1player mode that was made for 1 player. XD ROFL LOL

hey az ho there is no end of disscution he is very g@y and he sucks there is a -100% chance of returning in brawl!! he is the only idiot who kills himself in melee even as a level 9 computer you ***!!

LUIGI SUCKS!!! THE WORST CHARACTER!!! SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG THE BEST CHARACTER!!!!
Right there from the Official Luigi thread. He must be a deprived child.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
ROFL's crew motto is

"wavedashing is cheap". it's hilarious coming from a Luigi player who wavedashes to move around.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
After hitting someone playing Kirby who claims to be the "shizzle" at 64 Smash w Ken Combo, he says "Wow that is SO cheap!". Never once in my playing career have I heard anyone regard that as cheap.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Has anyone here ever been called a tourney***?
yes, after asking that items be set to low instead of very high and short hopping.

Anyway, here's a couple more:

'Ice climbers are the worst characters; the first one is way too weak, and the 2nd one doesn't help you at all.'

I really had the following conversation:

Noob: What's your favorite game, mine's Halo 3.
Me: that's hard to decide, but it's probably Super Smash Bros Melee.
Noob: I hate that game with a passion.
Me: What's wrong with it?
Noob: No blood.
Me: ................................

Fawriel

Smash Master
"How funny. That's exactly the problem I have with your face."
*WHACK*

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
my freind said what is super smash bros , and i punched him in the nose :)
I'm hoping you didn't uppercut him. If you did, then I hope you didn't break his nose in the process haha.

I really had the following conversation:

What's wrong with that? If he or she doesn't like the lack of blood in a video game, then that doesn't make him or her dumb. It's a perfectly valid opinion to not like a video game that's not visually appealing.

Fawriel

Smash Master
It's a bit disheartening that this is the one piece of dialogue in this whole thread where people show sympathy with the designated n00b.
There's nothing inherently wrong with liking games because they have blood, but there's something not quite right about hating a game because it doesn't.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
"There's no lag on Link's down air"

When I tried to explain to my friend why he needs to L cancel.

LOL

my friend once:

"Why is Hyrule Temple banned? what's wrong with it"

he almost pouted when I explained that it created an unfair advantage in almost every way. He just couldn't grasp the idea of banning most of the stages he likes.

Razed

Smash Ace
"OMFG, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO AGAINST CAPTAIN FALCON?!"

"Shine."

"What's that?"

"Down B... Reflector..."

"Great idea, moron, Captain Falcon has no projectiles!"

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
how about how cheap advanced techs are? always, people who cant do them call them cheap because then they can hide the fact that they cant do them AND get to hold themselves a little higher than us because they have an honorable play style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom