• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaode

Smash Champion
@ShadowSquall.

Even if you are good without them (you can be, adv techs don't mean everything), then you would be even better with them. Advanced techniques- mainly L-cancel (and SHFFL), and wavedashing- will make your playstyle faster and open up many more possibilities for mindgames.

ShadowSquall

Smash Journeyman
If you ask me, L-cancel and some other "advanced" techs are more like common sense. Even before I came on here, I had already known about some of these in my first few months of playing. Wavedashing I don't think I would of figured out too much on myself. I don't try to air dodge alot.

cu00x19

Smash Apprentice
Mano: "If you have 300% damage on FD and DI Up+away from Fox's fully charged Usmash, you won't die."

Life (me): "...Yeah...right..."
--

Mano: "My counter always works on Ganon's Up+B."
--

Kid: "It's impossible for CPUs to powershield/meteor cancel/ledgetech...and they can't DI at all..."
--

Shane: "When you Roman Cancel Fox's Forward B, you do a Firesmash."

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Roman Cancel? cu00x19, you have some...interesting friends...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Just like how we have advanced tactics and glitches to help us out in Melee, so do a lot of other games. Guilty Gear in this case.

ludachris90

Smash Journeyman
at this game its not hard to get the skills down as it is in tekken, but smash does involve alot more mindgames because it has more techiques that are used for mindgames, such as wavedash.

ludachris90

Smash Journeyman
Some of the skills are really hard to get down >_>;;
true, but the only ones that i rly think are hard on this game is SWD and infinite shine, even thought i can do that one. And also the ice climbers are f'in hard to perfect, such as chu's.

ludachris90

Smash Journeyman

ludachris90

Smash Journeyman
chea same wit dis, but like i said this game involves more on how u approach ur opponent and get them off gaurd wit yo mindgames.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
"Forget smash, lets go play with my new PS3 my monybags of a mother bought a rich, dicipline deprived kid like me. I mean, the GCN was so cheap. Smash is so two dementional. I mean, play a real game like (incert obcenely noobular fps game here)."

alvin224

Smash Cadet
one time i got my brother up to like 250% and i never died... so he is off the ledge and doing luigi's b forword in the air, and i go out and hit him with shieks dair... he dies and throws down the controller and turns off the cube yelling at me saying:
"man shieks moves have soo much priorty... especaially that down air ****!!!"
so i just sit there and let him go out on his rant...

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
"Stop shooting so much god**** lasers, ***"
"F*ck this game, F*ck that f*cking PICHU, F*ck YOU!" *throws the controler at me* I 3 stocked him with Pichu.

EDIT: Remember one I said myself : "Look at me I'm bombsoldier" *dies doing the stall*

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
Not really all that much, but the tone of voice this kid used makes me laugh so much. A kid I played once was spamming falcon's up+B, and when he randomly did hit me with it, he'd pump his fist and say with such enthusiasm..

"YEHSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!" (with thrusting motion. Captain Falcon scares me a little because of that '-_-

Also:
"Oh, that was meaty..." - a scrub after being hit by Ganon's fair.

I saw one match where this kid freaked out playing a scrub link. It was Young Link vs. Link, both down to one stock. Young Link goes in for the SHFFL'ed fair, be gets psuedospiked by the up+b in the process. He shouted at the top of his lungs, "YOU USED YOUR UP+B!!! Why don't you go main peach and be *** or something?" Funniest thing is, that link mains peach now!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
"there are three types of players: the fighters, the cowards, and the shielders."

The Killer Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
My brother and I were watching a video of two pros fighting and he said,"Why did they speed up the video?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom