• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Smash Ace
No. For me, exactly as I post--it would be 12:49.

I'm sticking w/ a FS. Kirby's or Donkey's.

If not, a char profile. Meta's or Snake's.
I wonder what Kirbys final smash is... so many things are running thru my head like maybe he sucks in the nearest player and uses there FS, Or that cooking pot we saw in the trailer...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
First of all, if you're going to create a post as heated as this; try to understand more about what you're talking about.

Now, I do agree with you - not every level should be tourney legal.

Where you stop making sense is when you bring up 'skill' and 'level design'.

Here's the thing moron: My Bowser CAN'T KEEP UP. My Link is PRETTY SLOW. The level IS GIMPED. It's not that I'm not able to, it's that the MAP ISN'T LETTING ME.

I hate to compare this new level to Icicle mountain, but I've got to for now, because the two seem to play very similar.

I love when platforms randomly disappear from underneath me. I love when the level randomly shifts directions as I'm trying to fight a Marth - who rocks my ariels - owning me as soon as I try to transition. I love when I have to pay more attention to the level than the people playing there.

Take soccer - how would you like it if randomly the terrain shifted and bounced around while you were playing? It's not going to be soccer anymore I can tell you that. Level design is the same way. It's designed better when the level isn't working against you - in any game. Go play UT, go play CS, go play Starcraft, go play C&C - the most well-done levels aren't the prettiest ones per se, but the ones that flow with the battle.

Just... lol...

Dude, it's a waterfall. I still can't play properly on this map.

Don't tell me you're one of those superficial nerds that belives Final Fantasy is the omfgbesteverkthx RPG of all time... (don't get excited, they're great, but I'm trying to make a point)

By the way, have you taken a look at ANYTHING the Unreal 3 engine has produced? I would doubt it from the way you talk.

Bottom line is that the level look broken, not only from a professional view, but from a general one. It doesn't matter how good you are when the map creates often unavoidable circumstances that punish you hard. Do not start arguing back about how you CAN avoid these things, because that would prove you haven't played nearly enough of this (or any other) game to start talking the way you are. The level looks great, and sure - will probably be fun, if you're not looking for serious play (in the least).

There was no call for that heated post, name calling ("UGLY"? c'mon man... that's just being stupid), and negative tone.
I love how you don't know that the only moving stages that are banned are big blue (because of Fox) and Icicle Mountain (Again because of Fox...). Most stages are banned because certain characters are given advantages that they really don't need (as in Fox). I could give you a reason WHY each stage is banned, but most of them would end up being about Fox. The reason they were banned is because then the game wouldn't be fun at all (do you consider it fun to be infinited by a Fox who is not as good as you?)

Items are off in tournies because of the capsule blowing up in your face. Some unfair items (as in hammer) would be banned as well as the stat changing items (shrooms, cloaking device). There are item tournies from time to time, but they're nowhere as serious as regular tournies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
LOL.Infractions? For what? :laugh: I thought that only happens to those that type serial numbers of the back of Fort Knox money bag. :laugh:

@1337marth:Dont deny,I know you took a quick peak,then letted out a big scream "A$$HOLE!":laugh:
Gain a sense of humor,cant stress that enough as well. :)

As for the prediction,I dont think so.Kirby is more than likly to get an update next if it involves anything with characters.Everyone seemed to forget about him..

Just how the hell is his final smash is gonna work? Link's has a beam that comes outta his hand with the tri-force symbol,Mario's is self-explantory.Kirby's?

@Del Money: 0.0 You dont have a Wii yet?! Its understandable tho,as I just got mine this past Feb ROFL! From November to Feb,Ive been getting the same bull**** response from stores..

Wal-Mart:Thank you for calling your local Wal-Mart,how may I help you?
D-Boy:Electronics please?
Wal-Mart:One moment...
Wal-Mart2:Welcome to the electronic department,how may I help you today sir?
D-Boy:Do you have any Nintendo Wii's in stock
Wal-Mart2:Yes we do,we seem to have 3 on the shelf atm.
D-Boy:NICE,CAN YOU HOLD ONE FOR ME?! I AM LIKE 3 MINS AWAY FROM YOU!
Wal-Mart2:Certainally sir,I can only hold it for 1 hour...oh dear me...
D-Boy:huh?
Wal-Mart2:Someone just bought and pick out the remaining systems that were left sir...Iam deeply sorry sir for the inconvinence
D-Boy:WTF!@ !#! **** BAGGING MOTHER FUKING BULL**** UP THE TUNNEL PIPE!@!#!
FUKING A$$HOLE!@#!#@!@~!@ WHAT DOES HE NEED WITH 3 WIIS!@!#$?
are you that stupid? a stage and music doesnt scream "im back, ***gots"?
Will you ever cease being a self-absorbed imbecile? For the sake of everyone here, stop going around, posting one-line sonnets on how great you are, and how you're a pro, and how you pwn everyone here.

Contribute to the conversation or go die in a hole.

#51, that last one with Mewtwo, 'Dorf, and Giga was especially hard.
i was bored so i thought i would pull all these up for good humor while waiting for the update.HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Del Money, RDK, Dragonboy2k4, Volrec = biggest potty-mouths/outbursts on SWF FTW!!!!

Salaad

Smash Ace
OMFG ITS OBVIOUS THAT BRAWL WILL BE LAGG PHREE, LOOK ON IGN, TEHY PLAY SUPER MARIO STRIKERS ONLINE LAG PHREE!!!11!111!!!!!!1111!!

RDK

Smash Hero
Del Money, RDK, Dragonboy2k4, Volrec = biggest potty-mouths/outbursts on SWF FTW!!!!
Ahh, yes...good times, good times...we should start a clan or something. :chuckle:

If Dylan were here, he'd be proud. And 1337 Marth would be dead.

After all those flames, I'm not suprised he hasn't come back.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Ahh, yes...good times, good times...we should start a clan or something. :chuckle:

If Dylan were here, he'd be proud. And 1337 Marth would be dead.

After all those flames, I'm not suprised he hasn't come back.
lol i know right? and where the hell is dragonboy? i havent seen any of his wacked out and horrifically uncensored curse words yet. oh and im calling AT for tonight. screw zelda

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, I think Nintendo's wifi is pretty good... gameplay-wise. Anything else, like internet browsing or shopping, pretty much blows chunks. So I'm confident that Brawl will be lag-free... if it has internet.

RDK

Smash Hero
Hey--anything's better than playing Smash64 over Kaillera.

Some of the people on there have some mighty ungodly lag. And I'm talkin' lag big enough to bring mega-servers to their knees. *SHUDDERS*

Lol...Money, check the bottom part of my sig. QFT, lol.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Well, I think Nintendo's wifi is pretty good... gameplay-wise. Anything else, like internet browsing or shopping, pretty much blows chunks. So I'm confident that Brawl will be lag-free... if it has internet.
Every online DS game is pretty much chock-full of hackers from what I hear. I haven't taken a lot of them online myself...

I heard Battle Revolution has a few guards towards hacking, but it's still not complete security. We'll just have to hope for the best.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@RDK

HHAAHAH yes. omg that last post with at those outbursts was pure gold hahahahah. damm where Volrec anyways? he still mad cuz i put one of his funnyass outburst in my sig for so long? hahaha ****. anyways update in less than 2. no zelda = teh h@x0r$ *wonders where Weed (the user not the plant lol) is hiding*

SiD

Smash Master
Nintendo's Wifi is garbage, friend codes are stupid and inexcusable on a home console like the Wii considering what the others are doing.

RDK

Smash Hero
HHAAHAH yes. omg that last post with at those outbursts was pure gold hahahahah. damm where Volrec anyways? he still mad cuz i put one of his funnyass outburst in my sig for so long? hahaha ****. anyways update in less than 2. no zelda = teh h@x0r$ *wonders where Weed (the user not the plant lol) is hiding*
Lol--that "Chuck-the-***-Norris" quote is Volrec's? Genius. :p

And yes, I have been wary of Weed coming around soon, popping up every 5 or so posts to spread his absurdist ideas of how he think's Sakurai will drastically change some gameplay aspect of Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Lol--that "Chuck-the-***-Norris" quote is Volrec's? Genius. :p
nah its dragonboy's actually but its pricelss hhhaahahah

And yes, I have been wary of Weed coming around soon, popping up every 5 or so posts to spread his absurdist ideas of how he think's Sakurai will drastically change some gameplay aspect of Brawl.
oh Weed get the **** over here so sakurai's update can h@x0rize you

@SiD
isnt Wifi only for DS? or am i being a n00b again?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
lol first of all blackadder whoops our time zone he gets it at 5:00 P.M

secondly hey got blood how are ya

finally today is either how to play an fs or special moves

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
lol i know right? and where the hell is dragonboy? i havent seen any of his wacked out and horrifically uncensored curse words yet. oh and im calling AT for tonight. screw zelda
D-Boy here,reporting for booty...err duty. :laugh: Fuking internet/browser starting play Bomberman vs me,so I couldnt log on,until I screamed and smashed the bytch.Its 110% in working order now.It better not bust that yin-yang when it comes to see that update,I swear.

Other than that,Wal-Mart did pi$$ me off bro.I swear it was almost as if they planned that **** so I didnt get a Wii at the time.The lady was like "Please,clam down sir,next shipments are coming in 2 weeks"and Iam like "yeah,so you let the dude buy 5 more Wii's while Iam on the phone".I got her a$$ fired tho after I talk talk to her manager about the lack of customer service,so its all gravy.

RDK

Smash Hero
Watch Sakurai post up Ice Climbers tomorrow and be like "WHAT NOW, *****EZZZ!!! WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME?!"

'Cause you know how he's all street and stuff.
Lol...probably the best quote all day. Popularity points to 'Rhymes.

lol first of all blackadder whoops our time zone he gets it at 5:00 P.M

secondly hey got blood how are ya

finally today is either how to play an fs or special moves
WHAAA? No music? Who are you, and what the hell have you done with Donkey Smasher?

@SiD
isnt Wifi only for DS? or am i being a n00b again?
:chuckle:

Del Money

Smash Champion
D-Boy here,reporting for booty...err duty. :laugh: Fuking internet/browser starting play Bomberman vs me,so I couldnt log on,until I screamed and smashed the bytch.Its 110% in working order now.It better not bust that yin-yang when it comes to see that update,I swear.

Other than that,Wal-Mart did pi$$ me off bro.I swear it was almost as if they planned that **** so I didnt get a Wii at the time.The lady was like "Please,clam down sir,next shipments are coming in 2 weeks"and Iam like "yeah,so you like the dude buy 5 more Wii's while Iam on the phone".I got her a$$ fired tho after I talk talk to her manager about the lack of customer service,so its all gravy.
HAHAHAHHAA **** that sucks. dude that total ****ingbull**** how 3 Wii's disappear when youre like 2 damm feet away from the store. and by one friggin buyer too. unbe-****ing-lievable

Lol...probably the best quote all day. Popularity points to 'Rhymes.
true hahaha. and then yesterdays is a dead tie between your reaction to 1337marth and D-Boy's Wii Walmart story hahahahahah

@DonkeySmasher

i definitely feel an AT or FS but not music

RDK

Smash Hero
If Sakurai's going to throw muzak at us, it's most likely going to be coupled with something...like an AT or a FS.

Kirby's FS FTW!

For those of you who think FS or AT, elaborate on exactly WHAT FS or AT. That way DM points may be distributed accordingly ;)

OOHHHH! Del Money, I just totally saved your arse from a double post. WOOT!

Del Money

Smash Champion
@SiD
**** you, ya rotten mother****er...lol jk. but seriously i mean the whole nintendo wi-fi thing, please explain it me before Stryks comes

double post FTL
zelda special move sFTL
AT FTW!!!!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
An hour and twelve... eleven minutes and we shall know! I'm hoping confirmed character, then again we had one not too long ago. Wouldn't it be nice if we got two updates today?

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHHAA **** that sucks. dude that total ****ingbull**** how 3 Wii's disappear when youre like 2 damm feet away from the store. and by one friggin buyer too. unbe-****ing-lievable

true hahaha. and then yesterdays is a dead tie between your reaction to 1337marth and D-Boy's Wii Walmart story hahahahahah
Yeah,it was one of those E Bay wh0res Iam willing to guess. :laugh: LOL just saw this commerical on TV 7 secs ago,wtf...this must be an omen or some ****...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu1wNxr9Sqg :embarrass :mad:

OMFG! HES ADMITING THIS SHTY?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8QAeoFdM5g&mode=related&search= :laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
@SiD
do friend codes actually do something for online play, or are they just for homo purposes?

@Dragonboy2k4
HAHHAHHAi completely missed the "reporting for booty" part HAHAHAHA. oh and im an ebay veteran yo. so yeah i guess i understand how in 3 minutes or less youre **** gets taken away haahah (kinda like a fast toilet). but yea how the **** does ebay affect wally world?

RDK

Smash Hero
Sweet Jesus...looks like Yoshi using a Cloaking Device...

Wow. I never noticed that shadow...

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
What's that? Why is DK trying to hit it?

He could be charging up a smash,and meta could be on his 2nd jump,we will never know tho.

@axel:Yeah,he does look like a bone-a-fide hustla.I can imagine DK saying "Nigg@"(during the charge),then "Pleasee"at full power

@Del: Yeah,you seen them videos above? Chuck admiting the **** yo..

SiD

Smash Master
They are just to play games with your friends, instead of having a friends list, and the codes are different for each game, just to add to the stupidity.

RDK

Smash Hero
They are just to play games with your friends, instead of having a friends list, and the codes are different for each game, just to add to the stupidity.
Lol, I know--isn't that complete bull****e that you have to have separate codes for EACH WII GAME YOU OWN? Why not have ONE Wii Code for each person, instead of 5-10 Wii codes per person?

WTF, Nintendo?

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I know--isn't that complete bull****e that you have to have separate codes for EACH WII GAME YOU OWN? Why not have ONE Wii Code for each person, instead of 5-10 Wii codes per person?

WTF, Nintendo?
lol talking that that is definately gonna get rid of friend codes, so it's not in vain or anything.

They woln't kill you, so might as well get used too them

M.K

Level 55
First of all, if you're going to create a post as heated as this; try to understand more about what you're talking about.

Now, I do agree with you - not every level should be tourney legal.

Where you stop making sense is when you bring up 'skill' and 'level design'.

Here's the thing moron: My Bowser CAN'T KEEP UP. My Link is PRETTY SLOW. The level IS GIMPED. It's not that I'm not able to, it's that the MAP ISN'T LETTING ME.

I hate to compare this new level to Icicle mountain, but I've got to for now, because the two seem to play very similar.

I love when platforms randomly disappear from underneath me. I love when the level randomly shifts directions as I'm trying to fight a Marth - who rocks my ariels - owning me as soon as I try to transition. I love when I have to pay more attention to the level than the people playing there.

Take soccer - how would you like it if randomly the terrain shifted and bounced around while you were playing? It's not going to be soccer anymore I can tell you that. Level design is the same way. It's designed better when the level isn't working against you - in any game. Go play UT, go play CS, go play Starcraft, go play C&C - the most well-done levels aren't the prettiest ones per se, but the ones that flow with the battle.

Just... lol...

Dude, it's a waterfall. I still can't play properly on this map.

Don't tell me you're one of those superficial nerds that belives Final Fantasy is the omfgbesteverkthx RPG of all time... (don't get excited, they're great, but I'm trying to make a point)

By the way, have you taken a look at ANYTHING the Unreal 3 engine has produced? I would doubt it from the way you talk.

Bottom line is that the level look broken, not only from a professional view, but from a general one. It doesn't matter how good you are when the map creates often unavoidable circumstances that punish you hard. Do not start arguing back about how you CAN avoid these things, because that would prove you haven't played nearly enough of this (or any other) game to start talking the way you are. The level looks great, and sure - will probably be fun, if you're not looking for serious play (in the least).

There was no call for that heated post, name calling ("UGLY"? c'mon man... that's just being stupid), and negative tone.
Ok, first off, let's deal with this not like nerds or something, but just as a difference in opinion (i'll take it paragraph by paragraph):

1. Yes, there should be some stages that are banned for different reasons

2. Hmm, well, "skill" of the player's main character, and the "level design" is whats having people bash this stage for really no reason. It's a well-designed stage

3. First, don't ever call me a moron, EVER. Second, you CAN keep up if you tried hard enough. Take time away from performing your Wavedash, TRiple Shine, Glitch xe3253, to jump! God, people lose real sight of what this game's actual mechanics are. It's not like Sakurai said "Hey everyone, let's make a level that is absolutlely perfect for Kirby, but that BOWSER CAN'T PLAY ON! ROFL!" No, anyone can play on it, they just have to try hard enough.

4. Icicle Mountain IS generally compared to Rumble Falls, so I don't mind people comparing the two.

5. Good, love it, embrace it, ADAPT! If you have trouble with the platforms, just find a way. If you or anyone is the "OMG FREAKY COOL TOURNY CHAMPION !!11" then you should be able to find a way to overcome this situation.

6. It's still soccer, it's just a form of soccer! I may not be Pele, but people have SURE adapted. Do you think little boys and girls in Africa have real soccer balls to play with? Do you think they have evenly marked out fields? NO, but they have ADAPTED to their surroundings and found an enjoyable game out of it. The stages are something you have to overcome, just like different characters need to rely on different strategies to beat different characters.

7. Ok, so don't play it, nobody will care.

8. Nerds are people who exploit glitches, use Action Replay, and scrutinize every single detail about a certain aspect of a game. I'm a regular gamer, with things called "friends" who play for FUN. I haven't had the privelege of going to a tournament, but friendly tournaments such as the 16-man one me and my friends have, I come out on top! Oh, and BTW, I do like Final Fantasy, but only on the Game Boy Advance. I don't masturbate to the sight of the characters like some people, I just enjoy the story.

9. I haven't taken a look at the Unreal 3 thing, well because, you know, I have this thing to do, called "A life", "Sports", and "Friends".

10. Obviously, OBVIOUSLY, you haven't developed your character's abilities enough to overcome circumstances. You can avoid them, you just need to think! We don't even know how fast the **** level scrolls, or how far platforms are actually apart. Maybe, if you took the time to actually find a path to take up Icicle Mountain, or Rumble Falls, you could make your own strategy that makes the level fun

11. Sorry, that was my bad on the name-calling and all that stuff, but I was just really pissed off that people are taking this as a tournament only game. I mean, really, REALLY pissing me off. :( It's just that...it feels like you can't get a word in edge-wise unless you are a tourny-player. What about the casual gamers out there, maybe the other 3/4 of the SSBB population?

MAJOR EDIT: I realize that some of the things I've said here are really shallow, and I apologize for that in advance. Please don't take any of this to heart/brain. I just...wanted to get my point across :)

Del Money

Smash Champion
wow...that is homo...a code for each game. thats so dumb, common sense would say store a list of games under every friend ID in a database or something

He could also be mid-way through his new taunt :S
finally here you H@X0R mother****er you

Sweet Jesus...looks like Yoshi using a Cloaking Device...

Wow. I never noticed that shadow...
nah i think its just the tree...theres 4 characters on screen already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom