• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Because you guys are the first ones to cry like fgts when those expectations get shattered, simply because some seem to value their opinions way too much for them realize that Sakurai isn't an adept at telepathy.

If I had argued agaisnt Goroh 2months ago, thing I did not waste my time doing, sadly, you guys would've brought up "strong" arguments aswell to back up said "likelihoods". In the end, I'm the only one laughing.

Ridley has a good chance of being in because he was an important character? I know a lot of unimportant characters that made the cut in SSBM and a lot of so-called important chars that didn't make it. Why's that? Everything's not all white or black. We're talking about Sakurai here, not your own tastes and beliefs.
guys like me!? you put me in the wrong category buddy. look i know there will be characters i don't like in brawl. it's the same with everyone since the beginning. and there will probably be characters i want that won't make it in. i mean Goroh was one i wanted as a playable character. when i realized he wasn't a character but an item, did i whine and bitc* about it? NO! i got over it cause at least he has some inclusion in the series, and that's fine with me.

you wanna know my expectations? i expect sakurai will make brawl, and it will be a great game. exceed melee like melee did from the 64 smash. i expect a wonderful cast of characters at my disposal, and there will be some i won't like (i never like jiggs or ness, and the 64 characters seem the most likely to return).

but you just slam people down for having an opinion on the subject. if you want to debate it, go do it in their respective threads. until then we should leave this thread for what it was designed for, discussions on site updates.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
chiyo:

Because you guys are the first ones to cry like fgts when those expectations get shattered, simply because some seem to value their opinions way too much for them realize that Sakurai isn't an adept at telepathy.

If I had argued agaisnt Goroh 2months ago, thing I did not waste my time doing, sadly, you guys would've brought up "strong" arguments aswell to back up said "likelihoods". In the end, I'm the only one laughing.

Ridley has a good chance of being in because he was an important character? I know a lot of unimportant characters that made the cut in SSBM and a lot of so-called important chars that didn't make it. Why's that? Everything's not all white or black. We're talking about Sakurai here, not your own tastes and beliefs.
See the underlined text, Bento.

Yeah. So what if people's expectations get crushed to bloody splinters? No need to be an *** about it and rub it in their bloody faces. Let their enthusiasm or lack of enthusiasm over the results of what is going down overseas pervade. Let them speculate. It's all harmless fluff meant to keep us occupied until Brawl's release. If you want to discuss exacts, go back to the bloody Melee discussion board and talk about your **** there. Or talk about what's confirmed for Brawl (hey, what a thought)! If you don't wanna do that, then sit down, "stfu," and keep laughing to yourself (note the key word "yourself" here) as you read what you consider as "mindless bull****." There's no need for you to respond if you find it so lacking in taste that you're gonna call people "fgts" for it.

Let us talk about our own tastes and beliefs. That's what these boards are here for, pal.

Smooth Criminal

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Let us talk about our own tastes and beliefs. That's what these boards are here for, pal.
Isn't that exactly what Bento was doing? Talking about his own beliefs?

People are going to whine no matter how good of a job Sakurai does on Brawl. People will say, "The game would have been so much better with _____!" no matter how many characters there are. All Bento did was add a little logic to the discussion of who gets in. It's not the "most deserving" or the "best representatives" that get into Brawl. There will be characters in Brawl that, let's face it, don't deserve to get in. Pit is a terrific example. How many games has he starred in? Two, one for NES and the other for Game Boy. I know that Mega Man isn't first party, but he appeared in SIX NES games and FIVE Game Boy games, plus other Nintendo consoles. Wouldn't that make him more deserving than Pit?

Yet, while we don't know the fate of Mega Man, Pit is guaranteed to be in Brawl. That's an example of what Bento was saying.

If you really want people to talk about their own beliefs, don't criticize them when they do.

BentoBox

Smash Master
And you failed to understand my point Smooth Criminal. I'm not agaisnt mindless speculation even though I find it utterly stupid. I'm agaisnt ppl believing too much into said opinions. A bit as if we were to talk about religion and a muslim would attempt to force his reality onto others' thinking his "truth" should be everyone's. If the truth were to be revealed somehow about God, every party would end up being sad. Stop believing so **** hard in your crap. It's all theories.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
And you failed to understand my point Smooth Criminal. I'm not agaisnt mindless speculation even though I find it utterly stupid. I'm agaisnt ppl believing too much into said opinions. A bit as if we were to talk about religion and a muslim would attempt to force his reality onto others' thinking his "truth" should be everyone's. If the truth were to be revealed somehow about God, every party would end up being sad. Stop believing so **** hard in your crap. It's all theories.
How about you shut your stupid ****ing mouth and keep religion out of this? I'm Muslim and I've never once in my life tried to "force" my religion onto anyone else, so stop making generalizations like you know what you're talking about.

If you're going to mention religion in a topic about games, which is in itself horribly stupid, then do so without offending anyone.

BentoBox

Smash Master
It was a ****ing example to get what I'm trying to say through his head. When did I say that muslims try to force their realities onto others? God you're dense. How bout you stafoo and learn to read?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
It was a ****ing example to get what I'm trying to say through his head. When did I say that muslims try to force their realities onto others? God you're dense. How bout you stafoo and learn to read?
Like I said, you could have done it without mentioning any specific religions. What's so hard about saying "and a religious fanatic would attempt to force his reality onto others?"

God knows Islam gets enough **** as it is nowadays as a result of the actions of a tiny minority of Muslim extremists. We don't all need to be made to look like stubborn religious fanatics and be used in every example of religion gone wrong.

BentoBox

Smash Master
My best female buddie is a muslim; its not my problem if you're being carebear. It happened to be the first religion passing through my mind and I happened to not care about which one it was. You're the one who misunderstood and is taking this way out of topic.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Whatever you say man. I can see that talking to you doesn't seem to have any effect and I can also see that you seem like a fairly stubborn guy, judging from your previous posts in this thread, so I think I'll just drop it. No use in arguing your point when the person you're talking to won't even try to see things from your point of view.

I guess you can go back to bashing people for being sad about their characters not making it into Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Isn't that exactly what Bento was doing? Talking about his own beliefs?

People are going to whine no matter how good of a job Sakurai does on Brawl. People will say, "The game would have been so much better with _____!" no matter how many characters there are. All Bento did was add a little logic to the discussion of who gets in. It's not the "most deserving" or the "best representatives" that get into Brawl. There will be characters in Brawl that, let's face it, don't deserve to get in. Pit is a terrific example. How many games has he starred in? Two, one for NES and the other for Game Boy. I know that Mega Man isn't first party, but he appeared in SIX NES games and FIVE Game Boy games, plus other Nintendo consoles. Wouldn't that make him more deserving than Pit?

Yet, while we don't know the fate of Mega Man, Pit is guaranteed to be in Brawl. That's an example of what Bento was saying.

If you really want people to talk about their own beliefs, don't criticize them when they do.
You have a good point here. But shouldn't one respond with tact when they illustrate their side? I don't think likening people to a bunch of homosexuals to illustrate their point is very tactful. Do you? I dunno. That's probably why I got so bloody riled up; it was the phrasing that he used.

Which brings me back to Bento...

I see what you're getting at, Bento. I really do. But you can't control what other people believe in, y'know? That's their own choice. That was the underlining point behind my post.

I guess it seems I didn't fare too well on my end of the argument, either. I could've been a helluva lot more graceful than that in response. Instead, I ended up berating you like an idiot.

My apologies for the outburst, Bento.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. Religion isn't a very good thing to bring to the table when on a video game forum, man. But it did get the point across.

>.>;

Edit: Please let the gavel slam down on this argument. I don't want it to devolve into a bloody flaming war.

burrito

Smash Lord
It would be funny if Sakurai updated with Tails as an assist trophy without revealing sonic.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Cry more. You're the one in fault for failing to read regardless of your point of view by which I'm supposed to see things. So yeah, I couldn't careless.

Now back to talking about smashbros.com~ (Speculation for you guys to waste your time on!) Will Sakurai have revealed everything about the game before its on the shelves? Because if so, at one feature a day, I believe we won't be playing this game until like Christmas xD. While they could've simply described Pokeballs and Pokemons in one update, they decided to explain both seperately... so we might actually get an update on every single pokemon in the game. Same for all the items (unless they only show the new ones, but then we'd have no way to know which items won't return [where's my bumper QQ]). After that, there's all the characters, all the stages, all the modes... And as we just learned about ATs, we might actually get updates about every single AT, one at a time... I'll measure my beard and tell you by how much it has grown when Sakurai'll be done.

@_@"

ps. peace :]

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Come on everyone,stop arguing! Its the freaking INTERNET! Don't make me bust out the special Olympics metaphor!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Wow, this thread has dropped to a new low. What part of bringing religion into an ONLINE MESSAGE BOARD FOR A VIDEO GAME did you think was a smart idea? Idiot. That was just purely inevitable that you'd wind up offending someone, even if you didn't mean it. Hell, I'm offended that you even thought that it wouldn't offend anyone.

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic, what's everyone want to see for tonight's update? I'm hoping for something good, since I had kind of a crappy day. What I'd really like to see are some joint stage/music updates, though I don't know if we'll get too many of those after that initial first.. I'd also love to see more veterans.

As long as we don't get a "What is a Smash Attack?" update.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I ain't gonna argue anymore.

Lol.

That man can have all the Internetz he wants.

Smooth Criminal

Edit: For relevancy's sake...

I wanna see another veteran character confirmed, believe it or not. I want Sakurai to hold off on the newbies and surprise us.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
We better not be seeing something like "What is roll dodging" or some garbage like that after an awesome update likke Assistant Trophies.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I want Sakurai to hold off on the newbies and surprise us.
I agree. I kind of roll my eyes at people who want like five newcomers at E3. From the time Melee was first announced to it's release, there were no more than the original four newcomers revealed. I really don't think we'll see any newcomers for MONTHS yet.

I'm way more excited to see the veterans anyway. How will Ness look in Brawl? How differently will they revamp Ganondorf's moveset? How will young Link be reborn?

BentoBox

Smash Master
Wow, this thread has dropped to a new low. What part of bringing religion into an ONLINE MESSAGE BOARD FOR A VIDEO GAME did you think was a smart idea? Idiot. That was just purely inevitable that you'd wind up offending someone, even if you didn't mean it. Hell, I'm offended that you even thought that it wouldn't offend anyone.
Go cry on somebody else's lap, my hands are full.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
We better not be seeing something like "What is roll dodging" or some garbage like that after an awesome update likke Assistant Trophies.
Unfortunately,its probably going to be something lame,because they can't give us *too much* cool info at one time. Or maybe they'll have something cool,or nothing at all. I have know idea because Sakurai is about as Predictable as a bigfoot sighting

BentoBox

Smash Master
Unfortunately,its probably going to be something lame,because they can't give us *too much* cool info at one time. Or maybe they'll have something cool,or nothing at all. I have know idea because Sakurai is about as Predictable as a bigfoot sighting
But if they don't hurry up they won't have enough time to show everything before the game's on the shelves. Unless the amount of stuff left is an indicator on when to expect the game 8] (2008)

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Ness better look badass if we ever get his update, and yeah I'd rather get veterans, and then be surprised when the game comes out for the new comers.

Blackadder

Smash Master
My amazing prediction:
Todays update: Metaknights Final Smash.

I'm gonna so suprised if thats right.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
My amazing prediction:
Todays update: Metaknights Final Smash.

I'm gonna so suprised if thats right.
Doubt it. They've barely showed Metaknight at all lately,not even in the screenshots for the other stuff. I'd personally like to learn more abut Zero Suit Samus,though.(Or Metakinght,he is the coolest looking character right now,no question)

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "Oh no.. I accedentilly made an awesome update.. I guess I have no further choice.."

*hits emergency button signed with "SUCK UPDATE"*

Sakurai: "Yes... Hahaha, just you wait. I have a whole week planned ahead for you guys, full of "What is jumping?", "How do I Press A?" and "Chansey Egg"..

*A week later, at the Chansey Egg update, on a Smash Forum*

Kid: OMG DOES THIS MEAN CHANSEY AND ALL OHER POKEMON ARE CONFIRMED? LOL I WANT TO SEE DEOXYS, I JUST KNOW THEY PUT HIM IN. WHAT ABOUT WAVEDASHING?

lol, just having some fun : D

Blackadder

Smash Master
I wonder how long we will have to wait till we see some new character updates (vet or otherwise).
I have a feeling there going to be few and far between.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Need some Snake info, I mean he hasn't even been in any screenshots >.<
He won't be. Snake = unlockable, stated by Sakurai himself, and I'm sure he won't be showing any unlockable fighters until months from now, closer to the release.

However, Snake might be shown at E3, it would be odd to have him in two trailers and not in the third, so there's a chance we might see him sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom