• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What you dislike about yoshi.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
ITT: What you dislike about yoshi.

Personally I don't like how his Back air is so wierd looking and some of the difficulty for some of his moves.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
his shield.
and all the brawl image artwork of him. doesn't look good in sigs IMO

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
the fact that he can't do anything right out of his shield, at least not quickly. I'm sure that would have to be the biggest complaint from anyone. Also, I'd be very happy if his egg roll would get through lasers

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I wish his non-bair aerials had more range and he had more KO power. Beyond that, I wouldn't change much.

bigman40

Smash Master
1. Take out the need to sweetspotted Fair
2. Make Dair as powerful as it was in 64 and melee
3. Egg roll needs better priority all around
4. Dsmash needs to be a semi-kill
5. MOAR COSTUMES!

Scala

Smash Ace
I wish he had more priority and speed than metaknight and more range than Ike.

Hell, why don't we just make him invincible while we're at it.

Defender

Smash Rookie
I acutally like Yoshi's Brawl incarnation quite a bit and am pretty happy with him in almost all respects. I would, however, like it if he had a better shield, a faster grab (if his standing grab was as fast as his pivot grab, that would be great) and possibly another kill move. That being said, his move set so fits him that I don't know what move I'd be willing to part with in order to make way for a good kill move. Perhaps his Yoshi Bomb would fit the bill if it was given a huge prioriy buff and made to go through shields. Then again, if that was the case, the Yoshi Bomb might be too good, but other characters have broken moves, so why not Yoshi?

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I dislike how he can't eat items in Brawl, his eggs are still all green, even in shield and how he only has the 6 costumes he had before. Sakurai pretty much done the opposite of what Yoshi really is, basically XD

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
His shield, and everything about it. And he has poor killing options

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Just two things:

- I want the supershield back from Melee.
- His shieldroll should be faster and longer.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i hadn't really thought of it b4 but ya i think the worst is his slow standing grab

and there should be a black yoshi

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I wanted him to be more original. When I first saw is FS; I thought everything incorporated into that could be a move, but yet they keep the same moveset from melee. Neutral B is pointless and couldve been Bowser/Charizard esque. Or an egg shield or something. An Egg shield alone would make him high tier imo.

Depster

Smash Champion
His roll leaves him vulnerable, which is dumb, because there are frames where he drops his shield while he rolls, which is just pointless.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
his brawl version is really good IMO, i just wish his egg roll had a bit more priority and gave him more vertical distance in the air.

but yoshi was buffed from melee so we're taking a, "if you give a mouse a cookie..." approach to this, i guess we should be happy with what he has.

shurf

Smash Cadet
-his grab is too laggy
-fair is hard to land on most characters
-dsmash isn't all that fast
-he doesn't favor players who use tap jump (like me). At least I'm pretty sure of that.
-fsmash could use more range.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I really miss the epic range Melee eggs had. Also doing 12% instead of 9% was nice.
I also miss Down B's old priority, when it would go through almost anything.
If Yoshi's shield raised/lowered at the same speed as everyone else, that would also be nice.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't have many OoS options and his roll sucks. His (non-pivot) grab is too laggy and his Dsmash isn't as powerful as it was in Melee.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
Besides the obvious OoS game, what I hate most is what they did to the diversity of his egg throw (he can no longer throw them down or backwards also there are holes where he can no longer throw [eg the ground right in front of him]).

Also he has no black/ white renders.

CYAN!

Smash Rookie
-No black Yoshi (or white).
-His grab is way to slow(opinon: ill bet its the slowest in the game >_>).
-He has very little "killing moves" at 80-105% for some characters.
-His roll, leaves him highly vulnerable when he rolls...
-Seems like his tongue is alot shorter than in melee, or the first game...
-His yoshi bomb is quite vulnerable and dose less damage than in melee OR the original

Opinion: I think sakurai hates Yoshi >_>

Other than that, I say yoshi is still cute :D and useable as ever even with his continual (slightly noticed) nerfs...

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
If i were to order them, I would have to say:

1. He's a little too floaty imo. I wish he moved a little bit faster in the air.

2. Shield. Can't jump out of it. Fewer out of shield options. However I do enjoy how it doesn't shrink.

3. Triple jump. I know it's much better than melee, but you got to admit in most situations it would be much better if it gave more vertical recovery and didn't depend on current momentum.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Really, I don't mind the shield TOO much only because it's the only one that doesn't shrink, so it's a lot harder to wait out.

The main thing I'd change about Yoshi is that he needs more knockback on his kill moves; especially forward smash.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
A less sucky F Smash
A faster Down B and a Side B with good priority
More range on aerials, I feel too reliant on B Air
D Smash back to the awesome Melee incarnation

and a DJ that has invincibility instead of heavy armour *runs*

Gindler

Smash Champion
Lol, Dsmash from melee and invincibility on 2nd jump would make yoshi soo broken (although invincibility would be awesome). heck that epic dsmash alone would make him broken. But yeah Fsmash needs more knockback, egg lay needs more range and hmmm oh egg throw being able to throw behind you and on you as a defensive measure.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I like everything about Yoshi.

Yoshi is the f****** best Smasher out there. ^^ :yoshi:

Top Bottom