• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would YOU do in a Zombie Outbreak?!

saberhof

Smash Master
I would turn on my amp, Pick up my Guitar, Turn up the volume to max on master and 2nd volume....and then play the Requiem i wrote...

<3....

or i would go with Eor to run =)

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
your going to kill zombies with a game cartridge of an extraordinarily sucky game?
It's not just an extraordinarily sucky game,
it's a SUPER MEGA ULTRA EXTRAORDINARILY SUCKY GAME.

And yes, the exposure to the suckiness of that cartridge will kill zombies.

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
I would go to my friend's house who has a lot of guns and ammo. And stock up on food, water, batteries, and toilet paper.

slave1

Smash Lord
SUPER MEGA ULTRA EXTRAORDINARILY SUCKY GAME[/COLOR].

so its like super chocolaty fudge cover rare card awesomness when it comes to killing zombies.

and to the other guy who i did not bother to quote, zombies evolving blades. how come they can do that and not us. they have the same genetic makeup. i did not know Wolverine was laced in out DNA. and i thought evolution required some hip action, and some rushing blood. i dont think zombies are good at either of these.

well they are good at making people bleed all over the place.

whats up with fruit being attack weapons?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I wouldn't have many options. No firearms nearby, not even a place to rob. The only thing I could do is grab the sword sitting in the corner of my room, somehow find a way to get it sharpened, and go down swinging.

However, I told a friend this before. Clearly a zombie invasion is a ficticious event. In the case of such an event, we should be able to utilize a ficticious version of ourselves. Henceforth, I would have a Phazon based arm cannon (I <3 Metroid), three various weapons, The Falcon Sword (idea for a weapon I have), a large hammer with a blade on the tip (I <3 Dedede), and The Master Sword (This is part of a long story, one I'm currently working on). All of these weapons are sheathed inside of a cape I wear to the side, which covers my right side, a.k.a. the cannon side, and it allows me to go Morph Ball Mode (Did I mention I <3 Metroid?)

That sounds fair, right?

POKE40

Smash Lord
It's not just an extraordinarily sucky game,
it's a SUPER MEGA ULTRA EXTRAORDINARILY SUCKY GAME.

And yes, the exposure to the suckiness of that cartridge will kill zombies.
hmm.

Superman 64 or Back To The Future! NES
or even better...
Legend of Zelda CDi
idk... brawl would be pretty painful if shot like a Frisbee @ 200 mph

but your sword is enough!

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928

All I said was I would go to a graveyard.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Grab my wepons (Cookie to however gets the referance) AKA a rock, some bats, a bad-mitten racket and try to flee to a nearby grocery store.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'd cry myself to death

Just kidding I'd drive my car off a canyon

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If these were the zombies, I'd kill myself from laughing so hard.

D13

Smash Ace
I would gather up a bunch of food and water and get away in one if my dad's boats. That should keep me safe for a while.

...Right?!

slave1

Smash Lord
Grab my wepons (Cookie to however gets the referance) AKA a rock, some bats, a bad-mitten racket and try to flee to a nearby grocery store.
if you broke off the top it could be used to impale a vombie through the head, but last time i checked bad-mitten racket's are kinda flimsy

I'd cry myself to death

Just kidding I'd drive my car off a canyon
i am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. one less zombie. on less person pulling the trigger.

Pretend as a zombie too. :laugh:
apparently you never read WWZ

If I was allowed one firearm to defend myself with against zombies, I want an AK-47.
good choice of gun. lots of them, shuts a lot of bullets and looks like one bad A mo fo

K64

Smash Apprentice
How the frick did I miss that old topic? It's so awesome.

Screw it, I'm putting up my answers for the old topic...

ZOMBIES!

My room is down a hallway on the second story, and my door is always closed, whether I'm in the room or not (because I don't want our cats going in there). My doorknob has a loud latch, so I should hear it, especially with a zombie's lack of finesse trying to get into my room.

I have a sword that I bought at the Houston Renaissance Fair for 10$. The sides aren't incredibly sharp (they are sharper than most fake swords), but it does have one of the sharpest points I've ever encountered. I'd just hold it out straight in front of me at the zombie's neck. Once its neck was pushed up against the point (zombies are single-minded, and it will make no attempt to avoid the blade), I drive it up into the brain. Zombie dealt with. Also, I don't get a bunch of zombie blood all over me like I would if I simply bashed it to death, like other people have said.

(I'm thinking about this situation as my family is still alive, so if I'm grabbing a lot of weapons, some of it is for them.)

- My booksack from high school - It has served me well, and it quite spacious.
It looks about like this one.
- My shoulder "Walk-Smash-Walk" bag - For holding extra stuff. I can easily hold it in addition to my booksack:
Plus, it's just so great.
- Canned food - We always have some at the house. Everything we've got.
- Bottled water - We have extra from a time we went camping and didn't use it all. More than an entire case (because we bought the new case before finding the old one).
- My katana set - Includes fake katana, wakizashi, and kodachi.
Like I said, they're not real, but the points could be shoved through eyes into brains.
- My claw - I couldn't find a picture of one online, probably because I don't know its real name. Another Renaissance Fair weapon (so, fake). But could still prove useful. Think an energy sword from Halo, except the two blades are actually made of metal, and extend about 6 inches past my hand, instead of being the length of a full sword.
- Kitchen knives - As many as we can carry.
- Narsil, the sword of Isildur - http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/the-lord-of-the-rings-swords/narsil-sword.jpg My brother owns a replica, and while the sides aren't sharp, the point is, and it is HEAVY. Useful bludgeoning weapon.
- Baseball bat - Derr
- Shotgun - My dad claims we own one, and it's in our shed in the backyard. I've never seen it, but obviously, if we own one, we'll take it (may require cleaning before use).
- Car keys - Obvious
- Lighter - Obvious
- Wallet - Only because I'd feel weird not having it
- Cell phone (and charger!) - Because it may be useful, even if it's only in service for the next hour, it'll still be useful

That means I have time to pick up my two best friends, and still make it to the Sam's Club in the city. I'd definitely do that. By pick up, I don't mean personally in our vehicle, 1) there wouldn't be room, and 2) having their vehicles as well could be useful anyway. By pick them up, I mean go to their house, help them throw their stuff together (I assume that I've called them and told them to get them and their families ready to go), and then we all drive together. Eor already detailed the usefulness of Sam's Club in the other topic.

Their houses would already be my pit-stops, we wouldn't have time to stop anywhere else in half an hour. Besides, Sam's can provide for most of our needs.

The same Sam's Club, only this time we can't pick up my friends. I call them and tell them to meet us there.

Don't need one.

Still Sam's. It's literally about 5 minutes away from my house, driving-time.

Unneeded.

Unfortunately, there's not much within actual running distance (as in, zombies are here and we have to RUN for it). I'm in average shape, and I could make it to Sam's on foot, but it would take a while, especially if I had to clear lots of zombies at the same time, and there's no way I could keep my family alive on foot going to Sam's. We'd probably have to hole up at home.

IN WHICH CASE

I'd take all the aforementioned supplies and bring them upstairs. I immediately fill up the upstairs bathtubs and sinks with water. We also grab as many of my dad's tools as we can from his workshed (he has a pretty extensive workshed) and bring them upstairs. We then take to a sledgehammer, and destroy the staircase as much as we can. We already have an emergency foldable ladder upstairs in case of fire. We also have access to our roof from the second floor.

Someone would keep watch at the stairs at all times, but otherwise, I think we'd be alright, at least for a little while. We have things to entertain us up there (chess, music instruments) so that we don't go crazy.

I'm not even leaving.

My Zombie Posse

Leader
Me
I'm in average shape, I'm average build, I have no experience with weapons of any kind, and I'm not a genius. HOWEVER I have spent more time thinking about this particular hypothetical situation than anyone I know (in RL), and I've consumed as much zombie media as I could find (the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z (especially WWZ) are two of my favorite books, ever). My knowledge not only about zombies, but my ability to quickly deal with the situation while others still don't completely understand what's going on will help me. I'd be able to make a judgement call while others are still trying to figure out what to do.

The Runner / The Pyro
A friend of mine, he's been running his entire life, and has currently completed 3 marathons. He's spent at least a little time talking zombies with me, and would be useful in a pinch. If we get somewhat surrounded, he would be able to draw the zombies in one direction, providing a diversion for others.

In addition, he's also the Pyro. Some of the things he's concocted in regards to fireworks are just stupid dangerous, but could prove useful in the apocalypse.

The Joker
Another friend of mine, you just can't bring this guy down. Definitely the comedy relief of the group, which is actually a very important role. Someone has to keep everyone's spirits up, otherwise, what's the point of going on?

The Driver
My brother. He's definitely going to get busted for speeding one day, but his abilities would prove useful in the zombie apocalypse scenario.

The Mechanic
My dad. Everyone knows someone where they say "Oh, he knows everything." But literally, and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, my dad knows a LOT of stuff about a LOT of things. He knows about cars, he knows about carpentry, etc. He built our house, and is currently helping my aunt build a guest house. These skills with definitely be useful in an apocalypse.

That's all I've got. I also have long-term plans, for situations where I have more than a half-hour to travel, but per the rules of the topic, here are my answers. Plus, I'm tired. :p
I don't live near a Sam's Club, but this is brilliant! *back to topic*
The females in my family die if they can't keep up with me and my bro. We stop at a Wal-Mart and pick up some BB guns with metallic pellets. From there, I'll travel to Prince William County to meet up with my friend--who has a f***load of weapons. What happens after only time will tell....

Darkslash

Smash Master
Looking around my house I found some potential weapons.

1)Crowbar
2) Pick axe
3)Shovel

There's also a gunshop down my street. Its a bit far, but If I make it I'll take a R700 if one is available. With luck, there won't be alot of people there.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I'd recruit about a 5 man team, have ourselves armed with firearms/bladed weapons and find safety. I live in Bermuda, so we could always retreat to the waters for a quick get away.

Darkslash

Smash Master
a sword is stupid against a zombie
I really havn't questioned most of the responses in this thread, but why would a sword BE stupid against a zombie? The sword was meant for the purpose slicing and stabbing human density flesh and bone. A decapitation of a zombie with a sword would be quick.

Out side of Zombie killing, a sword isn't very useful.

But following the advice of Gordon Freeman. Use a Crowbar.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
THE best idea is to get a monster truck. i have been thinking bout this lots all my life. but seriously, how do u know zombies r go around sandbagging. they could be clever and fast. i do have many many things to use around my house tho. thrusting weapons should be lodged into the cerebral cord. bludgening weapons against the temple. ect. and cqc weapons like a switch blade are ********. u honestly think a zombie wouldnt eat the pain and scratch ur arm? a scratch can infect u just like a bite

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Being somewhere extremely cold would probably be the best option. Getting there however, would be the challenge.

If someone can fly a plane or run a chopper with gas in it, I'd go for that. Or at least vehicles that can handle the conditions. Hit up abandoned gas stations, go for supplies, the list goes on, really.

As for fighting zombies? Firearms first, other forms of weaponry second. Plenty of guns for headshots or at least incompacitating them. Alternative to that? Or at least, my alternative?

My Buster Sword. It's been sharpened, and the metal is light enough to be wielded properly. Against rotting flesh and bone, a big sword goes a long ways since you can keep your distance. Remember, only if you don't have guns or can't run and get out of there. Last option for the win.

Better yet. I'll do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6mCUoRYN3Y

Top Bottom