• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your reaction to the reveal of Lucina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I haven't finished Awakening, but I really love Lucina. Just her attitude towards things makes me love her, haha. Definitely going to be using her over other sword-wielders this time around.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
...I really love Lucina. Just her attitude towards things makes me love her, haha. Definitely going to be using her over other sword-wielders this time around.
This is me, as well. :p Her attitude and personality really won me over and I'd be very keen to play her in Smash regardless of her moveset. :)

emuluc

Smash Rookie
NNID
blehlol
3DS FC
2938-7806-9043
i was surprised that lucina was in and not chrom. but i dont mind. now we just have to hope its not a clone of marth.
robin is cool to.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
For me, It was either gonna be her or Chrom to be playable so I would be happy either way.

The day she was revealed, my reaction was pretty much the same reaction as when Rosalina was confirmed: "Shut up and take my money!" xD

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I nearly floated when I saw this trailer The blog that I follow had a 'Robin' analysis, and it was at that point where I realized I had forgotten there was a reveal trailer coming up. I zipped over to youtube, watched Lucina get her ?! reveal, and then nearly squeaked at Robin's reveal as well. C. Falcon was cool and all, but Robin and Lucina were my big dogs, and especially seeing Chrom not getting picked, it was a good day.

I'm glad he's in Robin's FS, actually hoping Robin and Lucina have the same final smash (or Lucina gets her 360 murder slash), since Chrom is super important for both of them, or for Lucina to have an Aether version of Critical Hit, but either way, Lucina being included in Smash was basically everything I ever wanted, the roster is Golden to me now.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
"Cool! Much better than Chrom!...Oh wait she's a lame clone, gay. At least Robin is cool."

Last edited:

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
my response was basically "i still don't know who this is but my friend plays the fire emblem series and has been talking about how badly he wants lucina in the game for the past few months so lemme send him the trailer real quick"

she looks cool though, might try her for a couple of days

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
At first, I was kind of upset because my friend who was going to get Fire Emblem Awakening had a semi-major plot twist spoiled for him. Then I realized that I seriously didn't care because Lucina was one of my favorite characters to get into smash anyway. I was one of the few that really didn't want Chrom in as a character, (if only for the fact that I couldn't imagine what kind of moveset he'd have.) so overall I'm happy that she made it in, even if she's just a clone.

Reaca

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reaca1461
I was super excited, actually. She's one of my favorite characters from Awakening; I like her much better than Chrom.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I was so hype. Basically a constant squee. Even seeing the blatant Captain Falcon fanboyism wasn't enough to dull my enthusiasm.

Then Robin happened and the squee went overboard. OTP trailer!

Burruni

Smash Hero
"Great, now I'm gonna hear non-stop chanting about Gematsu being dead and people completely disregarding the likeliness of Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep."

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Well I remember first seeing her and just yelling Lucina, Lucina, Lucina, really loud in excitement, I was especially excited to see she was officially confirmed as a playable character and not a tease because it would of been anti-climatic to tease her then have Chrom just stand up and be confirmed, I didn't want Chrom, I wanted Lucina! :4lucina:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
"Why is Sakurai putting a clone in Smash, there were never clones in Smash before"

:falco::toonlink::lucas:

Wait... Something here is not right.

Just deal with it. Lucina is in. She is a clone, but an amazing clone. Chrom would also be a clone and a lot of people wanted him nway.
If Chrom were to get in, I always viewed him as the middleman between Marth's speed and Ike's power.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
"You deserved better from me than one sword and a world of troubles."

Lucina is crying
I am crying
Everyone is crying

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was initially mad that FE was becoming a Creator's Pet with 2 more reps, none of which I even knew.

Then I found Awakening dirt cheap and played it out of boredom. best thing that ever happened :D

Now I seriously want to have Lucina as a secondary main simply because I enjoyed her in FE:A.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I was pleasantly surprised and quite intrigued when I saw her reveal. After the trailer was done, my hype levels increased. Lucina looks really cool and am definitely glad that she was added to the roster.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I was initially mad that FE was becoming a Creator's Pet with 2 more reps, none of which I even knew.

Then I found Awakening dirt cheap and played it out of boredom. best thing that ever happened :D

Now I seriously want to have Lucina as a secondary main simply because I enjoyed her in FE:A.
Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

As a matter of fact, Lucy was the only character alongside a certain psychic feline that I really want in SSB4. Though, as Gematsu was gaining recognition, I started to doubt her appearance as she was a walking spoiler and that Chrom was the "main" Lord of FE:A so I wasn't going to lie to myself and get upset when Chrom was going to be revealed.

To my surprise, Lucina made the cut over Chrom so when I saw that reveal, I was like, "No.... no way...," screamed, and laughed happily as my second most wanted character made it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed the game.
my heart melted at her reveal in chapter 13 despite being spoiled already ;_; and then it disintegrated when she married meh ;_;

I'm glad I picked up FE:A, though. Aside from being the first time I play one, I had a deceptive amount of fun with it.

It just took me long to realize that characters grow on you. Characters like Lucina.

not to mention Lucina looks goooooood oh crap did i actually try to hide that

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
my heart melted at her reveal in chapter 13 despite being spoiled already ;_; and then it disintegrated when she married meh ;_;

I'm glad I picked up FE:A, though. Aside from being the first time I play one, I had a deceptive amount of fun with it.

It just took me long to realize that characters grow on you. Characters like Lucina.

not to mention Lucina looks goooooood oh crap did i actually try to hide that
I agree. She does look good.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I've preferred Lucina over Chrom, it's just that I expected Chrom. When I saw Lucina I was like "Oh, Lucina? Well, Fire Emblem can have four reps"

>Robin gets reveals
"Well, Fire Emblem can have five reps"
>Chrom revealed as Final smash
"Well, Chorus Men and Shulk can still be in it"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
For the first few seconds, it was complete and utter shock. Despite thinking Robin and Lucina were overall much better choices, I still supported Chrom, and expected him.

Once I regained my brain, I thought "This has to be a trick, that's what the "!?" meant, right?" *Keeps waiting for Chrom to get up and be the reveal. Robin is revealed instead.* "OK, what the hell is going on?!"

*Watches footage of both Robin and Lucina, while Chrom is a Final Smash.*

"Whoa. So that just happened. People on Smashboards are going to be hyyyyype!"

Last edited:

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
At first I was like seriously? Because I would expect her to be an Alt for Marth

Then I got used to her, she's actually way different than Marth in a way.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
...DAMN. I could have sworn that was fanart, since I haven't touched that DLC yet.

*rushes to eShop*
Pick up the Scramble Pack. All of it is great. Also make sure you watch Robin and Lucina's conversation they have. It's adorable if they're married.

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
I was extremely disappointed in her reveal. Robin being revealed and how they showed off Captain Falcon was amazing though!!!

Another disappointment was that Captain Falcon was interrupted during his Falcon Punch. You don't do that!!! I was also hoping that he would Falcon Punch Lucina out of existence and then force Sakurai to un-assist trophy Lyn and make her playable instead.

Last edited:

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
I exploded. I screamed, yelled, and ran around my house for an hour(I'm not joking, I was so happy I could not focus on whatever I planned to do on the computer after the trailer.) I did manage to post a few posts on Smashboards, but it kept on crashing so that's when I lost it and started running around
Dude, how old are you?
I could understand a clenched fist in the air followed by a "Yes!", but that?

Wow.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It's funny. I'm one of the few people who actually prefers her being a clone since I hate her as a character. I'm glad she was originally a costume that got lucky.

As for when she was revealed, judging from what I said above (hate her as a character), I'm sure you know my reaction.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Dude, how old are you?
I could understand a clenched fist in the air followed by a "Yes!", but that?

Wow.
Eh, there's more childish ones out there.

Hell, he outright says something akin to what you said in an annotation at 0:38.

Last edited:

HappyW@nderer

Smash Cadet
I didn't see it coming. I was skeptical, but had no idea that Lucina would be in. Glad she is. Certainly a character I'll be enjoying when the games come out.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was wrong...

That I wouldn't adore her immensely after playing Awakening post-reveal and I'm disappointed I didn't do so before said reveal so I could be more excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom