• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your reaction to the reveal of Lucina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It looks like I was right that Lucina would be a clone of Marth.

I was wrong for believing in the Gematsu Leak.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I thought she was more likely than Robin and less likely than Chrom, but I am glad we got her.

I will be playing Robin as well as her in SSB4, that is for sure.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I alway's said Lucina would join. I even put her in my predicted roster that I never shared here:

Though I was also somewhat wrong, because I said she'd join alongside her father :cry:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I thought Lucina had little chance. Everything looked like Chrom, then we saw some Robin hints which helped. I always wanted Lucina over Chrom, but Robin more. I did not think we'd get two FE reps at all, so I will fully admit, I was wrong. This coming from the only guy who didn't confess to being wrong about Ike (because I wasn't; well, maybe I wasn't the ONLY one, but I was one of the few).

Frankly, this excites me. Even though she's a clone, it proves we WILL get two new reps for franchises in this game, which really helps another franchise: the DK franchise, which is extremely deserving of two reps.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I was a major support of her earlier in development, I will admit I was having alot of doubts the more time went on so today's tralier was like a slap in the face to my doubts.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I thought Chrom would get in over her, Robin even. She still seems to be decent very similar to Marth though.

Azule07

Smash Cadet
In my mind's eye, Lucina and Robin were the two main characters of FE:A, with Chrom being the introductory character. I only really expected to see one character, too, so I had my bets on Robin being in if Sakurai felt like being creative, or Chrom if brand recognition was needed. So Lucina was never a strong likelyhood until I saw Marth's redesign, which I speculated was possibly for Lucina to be included.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
It's my time.
I've aways liked her over Chrom, but Gematsu made pesimistic. I thought she had little chance, I was wrong.
I'm happy to be wrong! XD

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I expected Lucina as an alt costume for Marth at best, not in at all more likely.

I am now grinning like an idiot. I love FE so much.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i thought for sure it would be chrom.
but i was also content with lucina, but also a little disappointed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was wrong and I am glad I was wrong.

I never thought it would ever happen. Even in my joke 150 character rosters I never added Lucina in my roster, and yet, I had 8 Toads (okay that was a joke mostly, because 8 Toads in one roster is hilarious!).

But none of that matters.

What matters is that Lucina "fits" as a Marth replacement better than Chrom.

The reason I say "Marth replacement" is not like "Marth is cut", but rather "Marth has an entirely new feel to him gameplay-wise unlike how he was in Melee and Brawl and thus he feels like a new character."

Lucina seems to be the Marth of old with her own spin, while Marth is more modernized.

(regardless, I hope Chrom is an alternate appearance for her, similar to how we have a male and female Robin swap)

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm still confused about Lucina.

But i'm happy I get to play her.

I always knew she would be in at least at a Marth alt. But as a clone character? I thought we were stearing away from that... Otherwise Roy....

Last edited:

cypher_

Smash Rookie
NNID
mtagmann
Gotta admit, I expected Chrom at best, maybe Robin, but not Lucina. Hyped as all get-out, but it was unexpected, that's for sure!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I was wrong about Lucina. I didn't hate her, I just thought a Marth clone was unlikely.

However, I DID predict that a Fire Emblem rep would be revealed today. I just thought it'd be either Robin or Chrom.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's hard to say how I really felt about whether or not she had a chance in the beginning. However, I'd say I was always leaning somewhere in between "she has no chance" and "she has a very slim chance".

I ALWAYS wanted her more than the rest (including even Ike lol), but the FE representation for this game was already quite a battlefield, with Robin and Chrom. Although I always thought Chrom would be the most likely out of all of them, and once the leak came about I was certain that Chrom would make it in and was fine with it. For a long time I didn't think that FE would go beyond two characters, which looking back on it, was pretty crazy. So I was thinking Marth and Chrom, but then Ike was revealed and I was still certain Chrom was going to make it... And then I finally opened up to three characters. Four, though? Who could have seen that happening? lol.

The 'impossible' happened. I was wrong. My predictions were totally flipped on their head. The only thing I was right on was a given: Marth was going to return. lol (although there were people who thought he wouldn't make it back to Brawl in the pre-Brawl days. >.<)

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
The daily picture today has stated she's her own character !!

not about her design, but about her appearance on the official smash bros website. : http://www.smashbros.com
if you notice, yes she's a new character to the game, but it appears that theres no "newcomer" label on her character slot.
this is odd, because many people speculate that Lucina is an alternate costume for Marth.
what strikes me as odd is the fact that this is the first "alternate costume" that received a spot on the website.
does this mean that other characters that could get an alternate character costume like Peach & Daisy
get separate spots on the website as well ? or maybe since Marth & Lucina are so physically different,
they wanted to make sure to separate them as much as possible .

Last edited:

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
Click her portrait,,,its there...Though It is wierd that she got a small box being a newcomer (who all have gotten large spaces) and all.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Click her portrait,,,its there...Though It is wierd that she got a small box being a newcomer (who all have gotten large spaces) and all.
i know .. that's what this thread is about . :secretkpop:
figuring out why they gave her, her own spot on the official website .

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It still calls her a 'newcomer', and on the mobile site she has every indication of being a newcomer.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
It still calls her a 'newcomer', and on the mobile site she has every indication of being a newcomer.
she doesn't have every indication because she fights and moves just like marth does ..
and she doesn't have a longer picture on the website like every other newcomer has
im not trying to shoot you down,
I'm just trying to figure out what's going on

R0Y

Smash Master
She's a clone, that's why it shows up like that I think.

Not a bad thing.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
she doesn't have every indication because she fights and moves just like marth does ..
and she doesn't have a longer picture on the website like every other newcomer has
im not trying to shoot you down,
I'm just trying to figure out what's going on
I repeat, go on the mobile website. She has the 'longer picture' on the mobile website.

It doesn't matter how she moves. She could be a clone of Marth... Clones have existed for a long time in this series. I'll tell you what she isn't, and that is an alt. She is a completely separate character. There are no true indications otherwise.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I thought Chrom was 90% getting in. If he didn't get in, then Robin. If Robin didn't get in, then Lucina. So yeah, I honestly felt that Lucina had little chance.

EXTREMELYYYYY glad I was wrong on the whole thing. I was positive that there was going to be only one FE:A rep, but nope. The gods blessed Smash with both Lucina and Robin.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
She's a clone, that's why it shows up like that I think.

Not a bad thing.
it definitely appears that way from what she moved like
it looks as if she'll play if not identical, a lot like marth …

can't wait to see more pictures/ footage of her ! she's great
I repeat, go on the mobile website. She has the 'longer picture' on the mobile website.

It doesn't matter how she moves. She could be a clone of Marth... Clones have existed for a long time in this series. I'll tell you what she isn't, and that is an alt. She is a completely separate character. There are no true indications otherwise.
and I repeat, i am not trying to shoot you down
she could be a clone and have her own spot on the roster, but then again, sakurai has
wanted to keep away from clones ever since a little after melee . he wanted originality in each character
why would Lucina have the same side special as Marth if they want to be more original with their characters ?

again, I'm not trying to offend your love for Lucina, i hope she gets on the roster too, i love all the female representation
and she seems so cool and badass.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
it definitely appears that way from what she moved like
it looks as if she'll play if not identical, a lot like marth …

can't wait to see more pictures/ footage of her ! she's great

and I repeat, i am not trying to shoot you down
she could be a clone and have her own spot on the roster, but then again, sakurai has
wanted to keep away from clones ever since a little after melee . he wanted originality in each character
why would Lucina have the same side special as Marth if they want to be more original with their characters ?

again, I'm not trying to offend your love for Lucina, i hope she gets on the roster too, i love all the female representation
and she seems so cool and badass.
Sakurai has always said he was moving away from clones, but at the same time he has never achieved that. There is no reason to believe that has changed here, especially when EVERYTHING points toward her being playable. There is no argument.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Sakurai got me good. Never thought we'd get two FE newcomers, let alone having neither of them be Chrom. I thought it gonna be Chrom, Robin, or nothing. I'm cool with being wrong though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
More than happy too be wrong i did want her more than chrom.

And the best part she and robin prooved the sal gemusatu leak is fake.

But they are in denial because of being outdated.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I always thought we'd get only one FE rep, not two, and while at first my perception was that it would be Chrom, that eventually changed to Robin as my preferred pick once I started truly getting acquainted with and learning more about the Awakening Trio. Unfortunately, both thoughts moved Lucina to a "it'd be cool, but it's probably not going to happen" place, so I was wrong for assuming that we couldn't get two FE characters. That being said, that we have two is awesome, and that it's Robin and Lucina is awesome too.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Well, technically, she would be considered the first newcomer who is also a clone. I think that's why she's like that. They want to be clear that she doesn't have all new moves like a character like Villager. She will probably be the Falco to Marth's Fox.

Burigu

Smash Ace
not about her design, but about her appearance on the official smash bros website. : http://www.smashbros.com
if you notice, yes she's a new character to the game, but it appears that
theres no "newcomer" label on her character slot.
this is odd, because many people speculate that Lucina is an alternate costume for Marth.
what strikes me as odd is the fact that this is the first "alternate costume" that received a spot on the website.
does this mean that other characters that could get an alternate character costume like Peach & Daisy
get separate spots on the website as well ? or maybe since Marth & Lucina are so physically different,
they wanted to make sure to separate them as much as possible .
Think again!

Last edited:

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Did you want her or not?

Personally I think it is pretty cool to bring in another girl but at the same time I didn't really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom