• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your reaction to the reveal of Lucina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Well, technically, she would be considered the first newcomer who is also a clone. I think that's why she's like that. They want to be clear that she doesn't have all new moves like a character like Villager. She will probably be the Falco to Marth's Fox.
I think this is where i stand on this now, i hope she has a spot on the roster ! she's beautiful
Think again!
i will think as many times as i want !
just kidding, but this is really interesting
considering the fact that she has no character art,
yet she's included in robin's artwork..

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, she was the one character I really wanted in Smash 4, and I'm so happy to see her in.
When I saw her I screamed "YES" Really loud. It was like Christmas, since It was all I really wanted to see in Newcomers.

Of course, there were others, but she was the one I wanted the most.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I had a little doubt that something would go wrong (such as the smash bros team or others really wanting Chrom over Lucina and Sakurai giving in) or such, but in terms of Sakurai, I felt really strongly that he would pick Lucina over Chrom. Lucina just makes much more sense, judging by the criteria Sakurai has said he chooses newcomers by and the character's he's included before, Also there were many many teasers/hints for Lucina over Chrom. Arena Ferox, the Tiki trophy, and Marth taking the Shadow Dragon look.

Like Lordling says... NO MERCY! HOPE WILL NEVER DIE!

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
In Awakening and in the CG cutscene, Lucina's left eye is white due to the Branding of the Exalt. In Smash 4, both eyes are normal. This is an anatomical error.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Intially it came about so quickly that it took me a few seconds into Robins appearance before I figured out what was happening to be honest. I think the whole !? at the end of her image threw me off thinking it may have been a misdirection for a few moments.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I think this is where i stand on this now, i hope she has a spot on the roster ! she's beautiful

i will think as many times as i want !
just kidding, but this is really interesting
considering the fact that she has no character art,
yet she's included in robin's artwork..
There is no need to show the same art on both pages, the art already include both so is both Robin's and Lucina's

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I felt lucina only had a chance as a marth alt. Chrom seemed like a shoo-in. Robin seemed likely, but I never believed FE would have 4 reps. Today was a surprising shake-up for all of the smash community.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
There is no need to show the same art on both pages, they art already include both so is both Robin's and Lucina's
*looks at your status message*
oh
i won't say much more, i hope lucina gets a spot

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
I think it's just because she shares the trailer and artwork with Robin, who was more of the highlight of the announcement. This was the first video with two new characters and I guess they just wanted to make one video and image for them together and just stick them into Robin's page and make Lucina's box smaller to show that she doesn't have the video/art.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I was kind of like

Although at first I didn't know whether what I was seeing was actually happening or not, as Chrom was all but confirmed by the leak that was just too coincidental, and Lucina being playable was just too good to be true.

Lucina was always one of the characters I wanted the most, but I couldn't see any hope in her actually making it, so seeing her be playable, combined with poking a big hole in the Gematsu leak was a joy, and I was very much showing it. xD

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I think it's just because she shares the trailer and artwork with Robin, who was more of the highlight of the announcement. This was the first video with two new characters and I guess they just wanted to make one video and image for them together and just stick them into Robin's page and make Lucina's box smaller to show that she doesn't have the video/art.
i think this is really accurate, shulk baby

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Excitement. Pure excitement. I was actually feeling very tired because I had only slept 3 hours the night before (had to wake up early to watch the character reveal, and I sleep very late), and then when Lucina showed up... I could not believe my eyes. When Robin showed up a few seconds afterwards, I exploded. I screamed, yelled, and ran around my house for an hour(I'm not joking, I was so happy I could not focus on whatever I planned to do on the computer after the trailer.) I did manage to post a few posts on Smashboards, but it kept on crashing so that's when I lost it and started running around

She was my most wanted newcomer, and Robin was my second most wanted. Having them both confirmed on the same day was unbelievable. This day shall be remembered.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
First off, as soon as I saw Arena Ferox, I dropped to my knees due to expecting Shulk.
But when I saw the ?! on Lucina's intro tag, I actually thought Sakurai was trolling us and Lucina wasn't playable.
As soon as I saw her in action however, I realized she was, and was extraordinarily happy.
(My response to realizing Chrom wasn't playable after rewatching the trailer, however, was not pretty.)

Burigu

Smash Ace
*looks at your status message*
oh
i won't say much more, i hope lucina gets a spot
Don't take it to seriously :laugh:; I got annoyed hours ago, by people adamantly claiming SHE is a COSTUME when the site clearly says NEWCOMER, there is always room for especulation, but people being sure she is a costume with no real evidence, just annoys me, if you have a different point of view or have actual evidence or facts that she is a costume then I would glady heard them but so far I only see theories threaten as facts when the only fact I see is her Newcomer banner in the site :colorful:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I was eating breakfast, I watched the trailer, when I saw her... I threw my arms up and yelled yes! My grandmother then asked what I was doing, and I was like "I'm sorry, I just got excited"

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wasn't extremely stoked for her as her supporters may have been, but I was happy for her supporters.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
As for the non-mobile version of the Super Smash Bros. 4 website, it seems that the omission of the "Newcomer" tag is either an error (a very untimely one) or to save space.. I wish that the non-mobile website had the proper, lengthened "Newcomer" box for Lucina (I can't say for sure, but I think it's feasible, especially considering the multiple newcomers from E3 2014), whether she's a "separate character" clone of Marth or an alternate costume. Since the mobile Super Smash Bros. 4 website has the appropriate "Newcomer" tag, I think Lucina is more likely to be her own character (an annoying clone of a character, but still her own character), although there's a first for everything, so I won't be surprised if Lucina turns out to be "alternate costume of Marth, with added promotion and more work invested"

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Off topic, kinda, but given how a ton of people here still think Lucina is not a clone but an alternate skin for Marth, we might have to make another one of these threads titled "Lucina: I Was Wrong About Thinking She Was Just an Alternate Costume For Marth" Thread.

...HOPEFULLY...

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
My reaction was something among the lines of me not being able to say anything for about 1 hour.

Last edited:

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
I screamed when i saw her and then saw the infamous '?!' and thought she was about to get up staged by chrom. started shouting 'STAY DOWN CHROM'. i was worried that robin took her spot, then it showed her gameplay and i was pretty :)

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Simple question. If you've forgotten it already, look above. On the site she is in a small box as if she were a veteran, but on her page it shows the little red ribbon that says newcomer. Signs conflct!
Any explanaton?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Yeah I thought she'd never make it in over Chrom or even Robin.

To be fair, no one really saw this coming xD

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
She has her newcomer banner on the mobile version of the site.

Here:

Users of other non-mobile devices will just get the veteran square for Lucina.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
As for the non-mobile version of the Super Smash Bros. 4 website, it seems that the omission of the "Newcomer" tag is either an error (a very untimely one) or to save space.. I wish that the non-mobile website had the proper, lengthened "Newcomer" box for Lucina (I can't say for sure, but I think it's feasible, especially considering the multiple newcomers from E3 2014), whether she's a "separate character" clone of Marth or an alternate costume. Since the mobile Super Smash Bros. 4 website has the appropriate "Newcomer" tag, I think Lucina is more likely to be her own character (an annoying clone of a character, but still her own character), although there's a first for everything, so I won't be surprised if Lucina turns out to be "alternate costume of Marth, with added promotion and more work invested"
i feel like space wouldn't be an issue, because they have more to add anyway !
and honestly I'm with you.. i wouldn't be surprised either way. if she was a clone, or if she was an alternate.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I was 20 minutes late. I saw Robin in the Pic of the Day and stuff, and my hype drastically fell. I was on the verge of butthurt tears.
Shamefully I checked the site (which was LAAAAAGGGGY)
The Banners appeared. I saw Lucina and stared in pure awe.
'No. He didn't.'
The page loads, and its there.

My hype overloads to uncomprehensible levels. I grin stupidly, flail my arms, exclaim, and thank Sakurai for fulfilling my No. 1 newcomer choice.

Oh and maybe Captain Falcon was there or something, I was too busy fanboying.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
DAYUM CAPTAIN FALCON IS BEAST! I was ok with it since she seemed just like marth and i figured she may be a skin. But when Chrom got deconfirmed and sorta replaced by a clone, I not happy.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I was slightly disappointed, but then I got hyped when the good Captain made a fool out her.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Simple question. If you've forgotten it already, look above. On the site she is in a small box as if she were a veteran, but on her page it shows the little red ribbon that says newcomer. Signs conflct!
Any explanaton?
Because She is a blatant clone , and im pretty sure that Sakurai coundt put the "newcomer" word with a straight face,

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I was initially estactic, but she looks cloney. Then I just typed that and realized when I was younger I didn't care about clones that much, so I'm estactic again, so estactic that I keep spelling the word estactic wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom