• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your reaction to the reveal of Lucina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Confession time eh...?

I did not originally think Lucina or Robin had a chance. When Ike was announced however (Right around when I joined Smashboards) I went looking for threads and found the Robin thread. When I thought about it, I realized Robin would be a much better addition to smash with his more unique style than the blue haired swordsmen, and began to hope.

Lucina crept into my mind around the same time, and I thought she was likely to be second pick behind Robin if they wanted a female Fire emblem character.

When it turned out to be both, I screamed happily like a little girl on Christmas.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Re-watching the trailer still gives me chills. It's like re-visiting the initial reveal all over again. :awesome: Watching reaction videos is really great, too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Re-watching the trailer still gives me chills. It's like re-visiting the initial reveal all over again. :awesome: Watching reaction videos is really great, too.
Me before playing Awakening and watching the reveal:

"Who are these 2 and why do I care?"

Me after playing Awakening and watching the reveal:

"WHY IS SMASH 4 NOT OUT YET GODDAMN IT."

I've said this before, but I SO regret not being excited the first time.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The reveal of Lucina herself happened rather quickly so I didn't really have a reaction initially.
But there's no doubt that I'm super excited to play as her now.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
As a Lucina fan, my initial reaction had me curling in a ball and growling "yes" into my pillow while tears of joys trickled down my face. Then I saw Robin and I exploded... By the time they should GAMEPLAY of Lucina my heart was racing and then it just stopped. A little part of my was just taken out by .50 cal sniper rifle when they showed Lucina to be a clone. Like, to this day I still play Awakening. I put 300 hours into the game. I like Chrom but Lucina has always shown to be a superior unit for me, especially because of Gale Force. I couldn't believe my vixen of death that murdered whole enemy forces on Lunatic with Aether, Soul Eater and Gale Force was reduced to a Marth clone....

Still, had to look on the bright side. At least she is playable and I wasn't expecting Robin at all so that was a great surprise. I just remember initially reading she was a clone because she impersonates Marth in the game and that pissed me off a little. Considering Chrom taught her how to use a sword that would mean Chrom would have been a clone of Marth, too. But, the whole "she was going to be a alt costume and got lucky" excuse was a lot more reasonable so... meh...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I was hyped, but when I got back from summer school and saw that a lot of people were butthurt about whatever, it made me sad.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I was shocked but extremely excited. She's one of my favorite FE characters, but I was shocked that she'd make it in over her father. I jumped up and down extremely excited. I would have preferred Robin, but Lucina was fine... wait... was that Elwind?

I wouldn't have wanted Lucina alone (what could she offer that Chrom or Robin couldn't), but since I was getting Robin too, I was okay with her. It's funny- a month prior I never would have thought that Lucina would hype me up much. Something about seeing her alongside Robin made my hype skyrocket.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You shouldn't let others' butthurt opinions get in the way of your hype :)
It really didn't, it made me disappointed that I couldn't share my hype with as much people as I thought.

Mind you, there was still a lot of hyped people.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
It really didn't, it made me disappointed that I couldn't share my hype with as much people as I thought.

Mind you, there was still a lot of hyped people.
I feel for you. I was beyond hyped and was dying to talk to someone, but my brother and cousin were coming back from a 5 hour trip so I had to wait for them. I was massively hyped but my cousin kept on badmouthing Lucina until I decided to just shut up. I'm still looking forward to her, but it was frustrating dealing with such a thick head when I wanted to talk about her.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I feel for you. I was beyond hyped and was dying to talk to someone, but my brother and cousin were coming back from a 5 hour trip so I had to wait for them. I was massively hyped but my cousin kept on badmouthing Lucina until I decided to just shut up. I'm still looking forward to her, but it was frustrating dealing with such a thick head when I wanted to talk about her.
I know how you feel. I know a person who hates Lucina, but worships Miriel. He called me a rapist for S-supporting Lucina in most of my playthroughs, for crying out loud.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I know how you feel. I know a person who hates Lucina, but worships Miriel. He called me a rapist for S-supporting Lucina in most of my playthroughs, for crying out loud.
I only went for Lissa because Owain is an awesome son, but Lucina would have been my first choice for personality. I didn't like Miriel until I did her support with Lon'qu, but even then, she's still towards the bottom of my list of FE:A characters (the others are all just so great).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I only went for Lissa because Owain is an awesome son, but Lucina would have been my first choice for personality. I didn't like Miriel until I did her support with Lon'qu, but even then, she's still towards the bottom of my list of FE:A characters (the others are all just so great).
I did Lissa in my first playthrough. Then I discovered plot holes in Robin's and Owain's supports... :c
Also, I love Lucina's personality.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
your cousin is a jerk

wat

Also, I love Lucina's personality.
I sincerely wonder how one can hate Lucina when she's incredibly an well constructed female unlike a certain Other M :4samus:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
your cousin is a jerk

wat

I sincerely wonder how one can hate Lucina when she's incredibly an well constructed female unlike a certain Other M :4samus:
I know. She's probably the strongest female character wise in Smash...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was wrong about Lucina. Well, sort of. My stance on the matter was that she would almost certainly not get in over one of either of the two main characters of Awakening, Chrom and Robin, due to being slightly less important than them overall. I thought the only way a character like her could get in would be if they added a main character first, and then added her in, though I thought getting two characters from Awakening was very unlikely.

I suppose I was right that she wouldn't get in over one of the main characters, but I was definitely wrong that she wouldn't get in at all. Not that I mind being wrong; I'm happy to have Lucina on the roster, even if she is a clone.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"She was confirmed way too early in the video! That was Charizard confirmation speed! There's going to be another confirmation in a minute!"

That was my initial take. Once that sunk in, I then thought "Oh hey, she challenged her fate all right. :p"

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I was disappointed. It's bad enough Lucina got in over Chrom. If there's going to be a Marth clone, it should be Roy. Not freaking Lucina. I never found her that interesting in Awakening (come at me). Also I think it's kinda weird how she is one of the most popular wives (I didn't say “waifu”, double come at me) for Robin, because she's one of the future children, and I think the option to have your avatar marry a future child is a weird option in general (triple come at me). In conclusion, Lucina should not have been added to Smash Bros. It should have been just Robin, Robin and Chrom, or Robin and Roy. (also, COME AT ME, I'M READY FOR ANYTHING!!!)

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm a big nerd. sorry lol
No need to be ashamed! I started jumping up and down with excitement. She's one of my favorite FE characters and I couldn't believe that she'd get in over Robin and Chrom. I spent the next twenty seconds expecting for Chrom to stand up and save her but then I was overjoyed to find out who her savior actually was.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
"WAIFU-CHAN! FORGIVE ME FOR DOUBTING YOU!!!" T_T

Well ok, not that strongly, but it did make me happy to see her make it since I didn't think it was very realistic & I've played enough FEA to actually know who she was beforehand.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
After reading these comments, I'm in the minority because I don't like Lucina in Smash. Whatever, I stand by what I say
:4lucina: = Shouldn't be in Smash (once again, come at me)

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
After reading these comments, I'm in the minority because I don't like Lucina in Smash. Whatever, I stand by what I say
:4lucina: = Shouldn't be in Smash (once again, come at me)
Calm down man, there's no necessity for so many 'come at me'; she's in the game and let it be...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It was either gonna her or Chrom so it could've gone either way for me. I honestly wasn't expecting Robin though.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I thought she had no chance to even be considered as an Assist Trophy. I thought it was going to be between Chrom or Robin. Turns out, both Lucina and Robin got in. My only complaint is that Lucina is a clone, but that's forgivable since she literally was Marth Clone in the story of Awakening. Besides, custom moves will mend that problem somewhat.

Poogy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Poogasaurus
I was intensely hyped. I really wanted Lucina in Smash, but I wrote her off as either not happening or an alt costume for Marth. Those two options just logically made more sense. But Sakurai doesnt believe in logic, so I guess that was my bad.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I was so wrong and I'm so happy. To be honest, I didn't think that she deserved to be in over Chrom or Robin- they are the main characters. I kinda expected Chrom and wanted Robin, but I just ignored Lucina, which was sad because she's one of my favorite FE characters. I was holding out for her as an alt for Marth.

I was right that she didn't get in over both of them, but since Robin and Chrom already appeared ingame and she's just a "bonus" character, she makes so much sense. I'd never put her in alone, but as a clone when we've already got 3 unique FE characters is perfect.

kuk

Smash Cadet
I was really happy when she was revealed, but then it was sort of anti climax when she was just a Marth clone. :/

But I suppose it's better that she's in as a clone than not being in at all.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
My reaction was tears for my man Chrom.

She looks great and Robin looks even better, but poor Chrom. :(

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Omg its that chick i keep seeing in peoples top 10 wanted characters list!!! wait...her moves are the same as marth's. Then at the end i thought , haha chrom fans will be upset!

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
I was a bit disappointed that she got in, and even after Robin, I was waiting to see Chrom role in all of this (since he was facedown on the ground during the whole thing). I was a bit angry that she was playable over the actual main character of the game, but I've cooled down since, especially reading about how she was included at all.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Sakurai stated that lucina will be exactly like marth( but no tipper). When i hear that i assume landing lag aerials sword length everything. SO when i hear all this disappointing comments about marth and how there saying their moving to lucina.
I sit here wondering, "Why?" im sorry man but i think alot of people who think lucina will play like melee marth and such are gonna be disappointed. If lucina's going to be like marth i would assume shes going to be like smash 4 marth and no other.
I just thought i would say this. While heartbreaking perhaps it might save you some heart break figuring it out in the game.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Sakurai stated that lucina will be exactly like marth( but no tipper). When i hear that i assume landing lag aerials sword length everything. SO when i hear all this disappointing comments about marth and how there saying their moving to lucina.
I sit here wondering, "Why?" im sorry man but i think alot of people who think lucina will play like melee marth and such are gonna be disappointed. If lucina's going to be like marth i would assume shes going to be like smash 4 marth and no other.
I just thought i would say this. While heartbreaking perhaps it might save you some heart break figuring it out in the game.
How do you know this? Just from the trailer we can already tell she has superior speed and an superior air game to Sm4sh Marth.

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
How do you know this? Just from the trailer we can already tell she has superior speed and an superior air game to Sm4sh Marth.
Why? I mean, it's not that I don't believe you but I don't know why you say this. Can you back it up?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't care for resemblance to Melee Marth and only care that she's in the game. That's good enough for me.

You're playing up this issue way too much. If she isn't like Marth, fine. If she's like Marth, FINE.

What's so heartbreaking about a moveset resemblance again?

Regardless, your opinion, not mine.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Why? I mean, it's not that I don't believe you but I don't know why you say this. Can you back it up?
This is just me talking from the trailer 100 or so times, and me spending a bit of time with :4marth: during Smashfest.

Last edited:

MrKatsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-2517-6046
I thought Sakurai stated she had longer reach than Marth, and so far the only bad things I've been hearing about :4marth: was that his reach was nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom