• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What types of Bosses would you like to see in the Next Smash Brothers?

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Sure, We all have that epic, dream boss that we would all love to battle against. But what KIND of bossfights do we want in the next game?

In my experience with Smash brothers, with Few exceptions, bosses have generally been very Large characters with Strong, hard hitting attacks and Long Reach.

Wouldn't it be nice to have something a little diffrent? Remember Metal Mario in Smash bros 64? What if there we're a character, that was normal sized, had normal reach, and was only slightly more powerful than you are. They could have a variety of interesting attacks, combos, event based powers Ect.

When I think of difficult Fights, I don't always enjoy being slapped around by a massive Giant. Sometimes it's fun to fight something a little diffrent. Like Dark Link in the event challeneges.

What are you're all's thoughts on this?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
True Final Boss: Vs. Giygas and Zanza

As for normal sized bosses; we need more of those. I always enjoyed the Metal Mario fights.

:phone:

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
I would like a boss battle that you have to chase maybe you have to fight Panther Caruso in his Arwing and you need to run after him. Sometimes he is on screen and you can attack and other times he is offscreen for a bit(maybe he escapes in a tunnel and you gotta go around) and then you reach a bigger area where you fight like a normal battle but he is aibourne not grounded.

So the two battles I'd like to see is a chase or aerial

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I would love different types of boss fights. I would like a few smaller bosses that could be knocked around like regular fighters, like Metal Mario or Dark Link. I'd also like a boss fight like the Meta Knight fights in Kirby's Adventure and Superstar. (As in, you fight a bunch of smaller, tougher-than-average dudes that have one collective health bar. Perhaps the Alloys could work for this.) Oh, and a fight against a machine like the giant laser in Meta Knight's Revenge.

Oh, and Non-Specific Action Figure for final boss/final boss's first form. It would be great.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
I would like a boss battle that you have to chase maybe you have to fight Panther Caruso in his Arwing and you need to run after him. Sometimes he is on screen and you can attack and other times he is offscreen for a bit(maybe he escapes in a tunnel and you gotta go around) and then you reach a bigger area where you fight like a normal battle but he is aibourne not grounded.

So the two battles I'd like to see is a chase or aerial
So, basically the metal Ridley boss fight only you're the chaser instead of the chasee, and not quite as linear.

I'd like more boss fights with regular sized enemies as I find those to be more intense, but I'm not against having more giant bosses, just no giant forms of normal sized characters please (I'm looking at you giant evil Diddy Kong).

As for a boss I'd like to see; Kraid.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tend to like the idea of having the bosses have HP values. Additionally, being able to attack them at any time would be much more convenient than to have to wait for certain weak spots to be exposed. There would be a few exceptions to that routine though; Ex.: Tiki Tong.

In terms of fighting behavior, the bosses would adjust their attack tactics once they lose half of their HP.

For example, with Kyurem, it would start out with its basic form. However, when half of its HP is gone, Kyurem will start to utilize its Black Kyurem and/or White Kyurem forms, with each form offering their own distinct attack methods.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I tend to like the idea of having the bosses have HP values. Additionally, being able to attack them at any time would be much more convenient than to have to wait for certain weak spots to be exposed. There would be a few exceptions to that routine though; Ex.: Tiki Tong.
But you can attack the bosses at any time (in the SSE), even when they are attacking.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I hope that some bosses in SSB4 would be KOed normally, with the normal percentage meter instead of a health bar.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Anyone play the final boss King K Rool from Donkey Kong 64? You had to use every Kong (Donkey, Diddy, Tiny, Lanky and Chunky) in a boxing match, and then you finally win when each kong has beat him up. A boss that is an multiple stages like that in Smash Bros would be awesome! Im not saying it has to be King K Rool (Id want him playable, not a boss), but any multi-staged boss would be great.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well if bosses work the same way they do in Brawl (large characters, health bar), then I'd like to see characters like Demise, Medusa or Hades, Marx, King Boo, and Kraid, however I'd also like to see some smaller bosses this time too, such as maybe Darkrai, Galacta Knight, the Black Knight, etc. preferably with the ability to suffer knockback like the other fighters. Also, having bosses only susceptible to damage during certain times or by certain types of attack or maybe changing attacks/tactics after a certain time/amount of damage would be great too.

I really hope their aren't any original bosses (other than a final boss like Tabuu or something), I strongly disliked the ones in Brawl.

Oh, and Dr. Kawashima should also totally be a boss. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'd love to see Murasame as a boss. Kraid would be a likely choice since Nintendo favors Ridley too much. -_-

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I'm also for the bosses changing tactics when they get low on health. Kind of like in Kirby's Return to Dreamland. That'd be neat.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Giygas from mother 1/2.Have him start as geigue
when half his health is done, he enters the devil's machine.Turning into this
have it where when he is in his first form, you have to hit him as he flies around the stage.In his second form, he is in the background, where no matter wat attack you do, it always hits.BUT doesn't do much damage.In his second form, he shoots waves of psi,throws thunderbolts,ice, and fire.in his first, he just fires beams.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Ive thought Whispy Woods would make a first stage boss. but beyond that one of the bosses from Kid Icarus would be great, Regigigas from Pokemon, oh maybe Dynablade from Kirby. (i think thats his name)

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I want the bosses to be characters from Nintendo games, not weird things that no one cares about.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)- Oversize him just a little bit, and he basically could be like a darknut style enemy. Striking him will eventually bust pieces of armor off, but make him faster.

Dyna Blade (Kirby) - Could function a lot like the Ridley boss from Brawl, since he may be playable now.

Darkrai (Pokemon) - Deserves to be in Smash, and a Boss could provide interesting possibilities and special attacks.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)- Oversize him just a little bit, and he basically could be like a darknut style enemy. Striking him will eventually bust pieces of armor off, but make him faster.

Dyna Blade (Kirby) - Could function a lot like the Ridley boss from Brawl, since he may be playable now.

Darkrai (Pokemon) - Deserves to be in Smash, and a Boss could provide interesting possibilities and special attacks.

But Barbosol, If you oversize him then he'll be
Too Big
:troll:

I like all of you're suggestions. Like Barbasol said I think that bosses that show how much damage they've taken by getting scratches on them, or an x over one eye, or armor falling off would be a nice touch.

I like big huge epic bosses, but in Brawl it felt like EVERY boss was big and huge and epic, and it kind of got stale after I fought Ridley. Kind of going off topic, but I didn't really like the stupid shadow-bug soldiers. I thought they looked dumb. I enjoyed fighting Goombas,redeads ect in adventure mode in Melee, and even though melee's adventure mode felt basic. It felt like an adventure one might actually go on in the smash bros universe, where as the prymids, felt rather contrived. at least to me.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Petey, King Boo, Fawful, Koopalings (all at once! You must knock them all off!), Dyna Blade, Whispy Woods, Mother Brain, Porky, Darkrai, Raquaza, Tabuu, Medusa, Hades, Dark All Star mode (you versus Dark versions of everybody in one go!!)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Kracko and Whispy Woods should be bosses. Trying to think of other bosses I'd like to see...

Edit: For Kracko, it would be cool if they could homage his Adventure/NiDL fight, where the first part is you just trying to avoid him. If a Megaman boss were to be included, it should be one of the Devils(probably the Yellow Devil, since that's the one everyone remembers). Maybe a Wily Machine fight too.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I would only want Kracko in if Mother Brain calls him, my son after he is defeated. Mother Brain + Lakitu Cloud = Kracko

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I would only want Kracko in if Mother Brain calls him, my son after he is defeated. Mother Brain + Lakitu Cloud = Kracko.
Lol Brawl in the Family ftw. 2nd coolest thing on the Internet after Homestar Runner.

But no srsly Kracko should be in the game. Why he wasn't in Return to Dream Land I'll never know.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Yes. I so hope they make a reference to that! Imagine having to fight all 7 Koopalings as if they were brawling against you. That might be the hardest boss battle.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
boses that take skil to bet, rahter than just having screnwide hitbexos that you see from miels away like in ohter gams

lik
bosses that accualy figth like they're in teh smash bors universes

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I think a good boss for "skill" would be Quadraxis

Here's the video of the Metroid Prime 2 Quadraxis Fight.
You can get the gist for size comparison and attack power with the video.

This boss fight in MP2 was epic, and it made you use just about all your powersuit abilitys.

In SSB4 tho, he could be a good challenge for using all your abilitys. Lets say he is a boss in the story mode. (It would be possible for more than one Quadraxis to exist. In the light temple of the Sactuary Fortress, some peices for a Quadraxis was part of the scenery, proving this might mave been produced by the Luminoth more than once.) Be it Subspace particles, the Ing, or something else, a Quadraxis is somehow activated. The characters you use can be anyone and the location you fight it can be anywhere.

The battlefield itself would be as big as Bridge of Eldin, if not bigger even bigger. Quadraxis would be in the center, and the ground would be completely flat with no holes and with raised platforms to the far left and far right of the battlefield.

The battle would consist of multiple parts too.

Part 1:
Starting with the opening cutsceen, and then the battle Part 1. Part 1 would be to bust Quadraxis's leg joints. Dodging will play a big role in his attacks.

Location status: Quadraxis would have 2 legs that are on the battlefield and 2 in the background. The joints are the only damageable parts of Quadraxis, so attacking the lower part of the leg or the feet are useless and will result in knockbacks with 4-10% damage. The only way to get the other side of the stage is to jump over Quadraxis's legs or go under his feet. You wont be able to walk under Quadraxis's feet untill you bust the orb inside it. Then just walk under his feet normaly. Be warery tho, his foot orb will respawn after 20 seconds.

Vulnerability Status: Using the platforms to your advantage, you must jump and hit the leg joints with attacks. However, the joints can only be hit when the joint rims are flashing.When 4 joints remain, There will always be 2 joints flashing at all times, but the select 2 will not always be the ones on the battlefield. The change rate for the flashing joints to change is every 8 seconds, but each flashing joint is set off 4 seconds from the other flashing joint, so change rates are different. Attacking a non-flashing joint will be the same as running into a leg. When 3 joints remain, There will still be 2 always flashing, same change times. When 2 joints remain, only 1 will flash, but will still change every 8 seconds. When 1 joint remains, it will cycle by itself, flashing for 8 seconds then not flashing for 8 seconds. When all joints are destroyed, the Part 2 battle will begin.

Movement status: Quadraxis does not move left or right at all during Part 1, but it will occasionaly rotate it's legs clockwise or counter-clockwise, so 1 leg moves to the background and 1 comes onto the battlefield from the background. He does not attack while rotating, but the leg stomps can hurt you. The stomps will be in set locations: Where the legs are supposed to be and in the middle of the battlefield, so a leg rotation takes 2 steps for Quadraxis. If a leg hits you, it will cause will cause medium knockbacks and 8-14% damage. If you get crushed by a foot and the foot's orb is still intact, You will plowed into the ground as well and the orb will shatter. However if the foot does not have the orb, it will just act as being his by the leg itself. Try not to move under it's feet untill it has stopped rotating.

Attacks status: Here is his arsenel and how he attacks. Most can be easily dodged. There will be a second sometimes where he will not attack, like all bosses do.
Note: All attacks originate from the center of the head module, which is in the background, so beam attacks dont trace the whole battlefield when fired, just when it crosses planes with the battlefield.

Annihilator beam: Quadraxis fires three shots of the Annihilator beam. Each shot is fired 3/4 seconds apart from the last one. The beams can chase you to an extent, but can be out-manuvered. Being hit causes 5% damage for each hit and small knockbacks. Will KO around 120% damage.

Charged Annihilator beam: Quadraxis will beam 3 red lasers from it's 3 eyes, which will track you down. The lasers will come together and pin point you. This takes about 5 seconds, however when it fires the laser will remain straight where you were located, so the shot will not follow you, but the path of the laser. Then it fires a charged beam that moves rocket fast! The beam will cause 20% damage and a heavy knockback. Will KO around 70% damage.

Minigun: Quadraxis fires a rapid-fire minigun. Each beam will cause 1% damage and just flinching, but the attack fires 20 beams. Takes about 3 seconds to perform, and wont KO.

Jump shockwave: Quadraxis jumps off the ground and lands with a big smash. Being hit by the legs causes normal moving leg damage, but if the foot's orb is intact it will cause a electrical shockwave that will creep along the ground it both directions of the foot. The radius in the middle of Quadraxis is about from leg to leg, then the same distacne on the opposite direction of the leg. Can be easily jumped over, but contact will cause around 15% damage and a medium knockback. Will KO around 100% damage. Note: background shockwaves count too, so look out when the shockwave crosses planes with the battlefield.

Cyclone spin: This is the most dangerous and rare attack Quadraxis does. Quadraxis will move move foward untill his head is above the battlefeild, then it will put its legs together in the middle and start spinning around rapidly. This causes the player to be suctioned in to it, unless the player can outrun it. Dont worry, if you are a slow character Like Bowser or Ganondorf, the suction power will be just the right amount as that you can run away while still moving foward away from Quadraxis slightly. Careful with fast characters tho, you dont want to move too fast and run off screen. Jumping is a bad idea while Quadraxis is spinning. If you are in the air, the suction power will bring you to Quadraxis instantly. If it is able to pull you in and hit you, it will cause a rocket knockback and around 35% damage! This attack can KO you easily around 40% damage. Quadraxis will try to pull you in 7 seconds untill it gives up and returns to it's normal position

I will make Part 2 later. Ive been typing for awhile :p

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Some of the bosses from Goldensun would be awesome. Also they should have Dr Eggman as a boss if they bring Sonic back for Smash Bros 4.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Daroach (Kirby), Glitterem (Well, I forget how to spell his actual name, but Zelda: Skyward Sword), the final boss of Xenoblade (Forget his name), Alex (Golden Sun) and Grodus (Paper Mario: TTYD) would all be awesome to see.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Give me a huge and varied amount of bosses so I can enjoy a long and challenging boss rush.

Master Hand and Crazy Hand could remain as the Classic mode bosses. Porky, Petey Piranha and Rayquaza could return to Adventure Mode (assuming Ridley becomes playable), while introducing many other Nintendo bosses like Queen Gohma, Whispy Woods, Giygas, Hades or Mother Brain into Smash.

After unlocking Boss Rush, we would face all of them one by one, adding Galleom, Duon and Tabuu as bonus bosses. I love boss rushes for the challenge they provide and... I always enjoy a good boss beatdown.

Bosses should be varied when it comes to strategy. Perhaps, they have a weak point or are only able to be damaged in certain conditions.

I'd like to see bosses where you had to make good use of the scenery in order to expose the boss's weak point. Inspiration from some Zelda bosses would be welcome.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I would like to see less of the original bosses they introduced in SSE (The giant robots) and more bosses strictly from the Nintendo series that comprise most of Smash Brothers. Or at least exclude the original bosses aside from the Hands from the main story mode and add them in as bonuses.

Bosses that come to my mind are: Petey, King Boo, Demise, Kraid, Queen Metroid, Andross, one of the ridiculous dragons from FE, Dullahan, Zanza, Marx, Porky, Hades, and of course Master and Crazy Hand. I really liked Rayquaza for a boss too but I think we might want to move on to a newer generation so perhaps Giratina and Giratina-O?

I'd still like to think of someone from Donkey Kong but I believe each series deserves a boss as long as it is viable. (I wouldn't put King K. Rool as a boss simply because I want him as a playable character. It might be more difficult for the current Retro characters to have a viable boss but I could be easily mistaken.)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just gonna say they need a Zelda boss. Preferably from one of the older games. Maybe that dragon in the first game.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
I don't really have any specific characters that I would like to appear as bosses, but I would really like for the bosses to work differently in the next game.

It would be nice if there were actually some degree of strategy other than memorizing every attack and playing the "Dodge X, hit boss, dodge Y, hit boss" game until you are hit by 1 super-punch/laser/whatever that immediately blasts you off of the screen.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Quardraxis/King Boo/Kraid or Mother brain/Regigigas or Giratina too name a few would be sick also the 7 koopalings at once would be ****ed...lol but i love it.

Top Bottom