• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
rofl. first of all. i dont even play your stupid game. second of all, i think you need an ego check bud. I never said i was any good at this game at all. so you can go online and beat every nub you play online or beat all your nub friends.

Standing on top of a pile of trash only makes you the trash king bud.

L__

Smash Master
Ah, I must be hardcore-casual-competitive smasher.I love to play 1 on 1 no items 3-stock, but ill chill wit da boys and play items for kicks, then again, I'll go to a tournament and straight murder people.but unlike most pros, I don't follow basic stereotypes of pros like," I'll only use falco/marth/and MK, cuz they're high tier" Tiers to me are a load of bull.Skill tops em all.then again ill use MK if im really P/Oed.so ima say I'm a 3dawg smasher :p.
IF only you knew what you were talking about.

*sigh*

tsilver33

Smash Ace
" This is why playing with items appeals to these players so much. What’s more exciting than throwing a bunch of pokeballs all over the place and running around as chaos commences?"

First of all, I find this quote absolutely hilarious. Second, I'm definantly a casual-hardcore smasher. The quote above defines me nearly perfectly. I find that if 'I' overzone on a game, making it my one goal to be absolutely better than anyone else, only picking my character based on tiers, or play only on completely bland stages, it's not fun for me anymore. I'll occasionally join a tournament, but usually only if they allow items and various stages on.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I'm a competitive smasher. I'm definitely not hardcore. I played Brawl for about 6 months, then went back to Melee. I love the Smash Bros series as my favorite game, but I need to play the best product, which is Melee. Occasionally I turn items on low.

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
lol I'd have to say I'm a Casuaprompeticore player. A casual/competitive/pro/hardcore player.

At times, I love just jumping around throwing items all over the place or playing a closed box match with someone until we each get up to 999% and are flying all over the place having tons of fun. That's what makes me a casual player.

I'm a competitive player because I take how well I do in SSB seriously. I try to improve my game and fix stupid quirks I have while playing. I'm also going to start participating in tourneys.

I originally was going to leave myself out of the "pro" category, but then I read the part about holding records in BTT and such. My friend and I hold the WR for fox and pikachu on BTT level 1. Other than that, I wouldn't consider myself pro at all really.

I'm a hardcore player because I'm going to stay with SSB. No matter what happens to the game, I'm going stick with smash and keep playing any new ones that come out. Even if I want no other game for the system it is designed for, I probably will get the system just for the new SSB game.

Nidoqueen

Smash Cadet
I'm kind of casual and competivite mixed together... I like to have fun, but I aim to get better at the same time - so it's kinda fun, meh. XD

And I do like Final Destination a lot, thanks to my friends, but none of us are too serious about it, really; sometimes, we do like items on, but mostly we don't - I think items kind of make things unfair sometimes, but they can be fun sometimes... XP I'm kind of a mixed bag, huh? I've also loved the Smash series ever since the first on the n64, which I still have to this day. ^,^ -nod-

TomTime

Smash Rookie
I fight mostly with Peach (Daisy Clothes) And i vs Luigi, Mario and Peach. (Main)

Solei

Smash Rookie
I'm a mix of a casual-hardcore-competitive player.

Casual:

1. Loves to play smash
2. Loves to play it for fun
3. Hates it when someone gets angry

Hardcore:

1. Will play Brawl no matter what happens
2. Has played Smash since I was five years old (I'm fifteen now)
3. Will be there when the next game comes out (IF there's a next game)

Competitive:

1. Am in it to win. 'Nough said.
2. Trying to improve my gameplay
3. Trying to exploit my own weaknesses AND my opponents' weaknesses so I can use them to my advantage.
4. Takes the game VERY seriously

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
I pretty much played with people like Azen, and chillin a lot this winter, when i jsut restarted (having been a MELEE player, brawl sucked for me so i didn't start till late)

and then I play now with NEO, Tubro, Hat, and DK smash

they're all baltimore players who play in tourney

but I don't go to the tourneys

so I guess technically I play pros but don't play pro

=[

L

LTDshredder

I am an edgeguarder and a tad bit defensive, need to work on my offense

H

Havoc's Divide

I consider myself to be a mix of the casual smasher and the competitive smasher. I like to use the items although in brawl i consider them to be much more powerful then what they should be, and I also like to improve myself and playing on Final Destination. also a could be considered a little bit of a hardcore gamer. I apologize for the mistakes, if any were made.

Full Metal X

Smash Cadet
I fall in the category of not following the tourny tards rules of no items and use what I wan't, and I can win either way, but more players and items makes the game fun.

From what I read I don't fall in a category.

Rhox

Smash Rookie
Smasher Type

I am surely a hardcore-competitive smasher. I am very competitive and I will stick with Smash Bros. until the end. Even when people were going back to Melee, I refused to do so even though I liked Melee's physics more.

Less on the hardcore side, and more on the competitive side, I consider myself to be a mid-level competitive smasher looking to get better. My only problem is I live in a small town with few smashers and even fewer competitive ones. I've only ever been to one local tourney which only had 16 people (some of which were more casual than competitive) and managed to win that one as Pikachu, but other than that I've seen little action outside of WiFi (fortunately I tend to have zero lag in my matches with my friends -- don't really know why, just luck I guess).

Overall, I'm probably slightly better than the average competitive smasher, but either way it's not good enough for me and I'm always looking for ways to improve myself.

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
my friends name me a tourny *** lol..

i like to play to my best ability each and every game, without items on more evened out stages (FD, Smashville, yoshis island and such)

im competitive with every game i play, i play for fun, but i play to win at the same time.. screw losing

Zystx

Smash Rookie
My friends call me competitive as well, I usually play on neutral stages with no items, and I always play to win. Although when I play against players who are way worse than I am I usually just do random (I still win though).

Blackatticus

Smash Rookie
Competitive casual would have to be my guest
I didn't know smash until my after school program bought melee . And even then I couldnt play that much cause all the boys kept hogging it. so no, not hardcore-not even close

now its like i cant stop freakin talking bout brawl. and I love it when i kick ***! *the right way*

Btw brilliant analysis, hit every characteristic spot on

Top Bottom