• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Uncle Sam

Smash Rookie
Casual, but I'll get competitive on occasion. If I end up losing due to items a few times in a row, I'll get annoyed and demand they be turned off. Well, that's only in 1v1s.

X-Quizit614

Smash Rookie
I consider myself a Casual-Hardcore Smasher. To me Super Smash Bros. isn't about the Final Destinations, no items, four stock BS. It's all about going out there and enjoying the fight as best as you can. I enjoy playing with a lot of items on. I enjoy playing in Port Town. I love playing with three other players, computer or players. Sucking the fun out the game... it's foolish to me.

SonicBlind

Smash Rookie
It would be cool if they played tourneys with low items just 2 mix things up, it gets boring going 1 on 1 every match.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Pro/Hardcore Smasher

I would call myself a Pro/Hardcore Smasher. True, I am a Final Destination 1v1 no items kind of guy at heart, and performed quite well in those matches; or I should say, VERY well. Falco was undefeated by 105 straight people in Melee in that match and others, and never once was even in danger of losing. Out of any of those people, zero knocked Falco down to 2 lives or less out of 5, and several did not gain a single kill. Sadly, I did not carry that skill to Brawl.:urg: This is mostly in part to the changes in my character, which was unfortunate to see. I don't know if it's just me or everyone, but do any of you have a harder time mastering Brawl, or is it only myself? I will stick to the game regardless, which makes me Hardcore, as it is by far the greatest series in video game history, but there will be certain aspects in which I am more skilled in than others. Personally, I enjoy snapshots.:laugh:

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
im a wanna be elite smasher... if its in the game i use it... (exept assist trophys pokeballs andcracer launchers.)

-Giga-

Smash Cadet
I guess you could say I'm the Casual-Competitive Smasher.
Most of the time, when we would have a party, I like to let everybody have a chance at winning. That way nobody gets upset.
But when i'm alone, or battling with friends, I get competitive.

: )

Smash Rookie
Definitely competitive, but I can beat most pros and I want to go pro myself one day.
Travel the world Brawling. Haha, that'd rock.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
i guess competitive hardcore: i don't think you can do anything to smash to make me stop playing, and i am always aiming to improve my game and excel.

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i consider myself competitive, I dislike the direction the series is going. I loe SSB64 and SSBM over Brawl, but i still like the game. I like to improve my game, just cause I love being good at something, and the joy of winning.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
I really dont care about winning really, its HOW I win ;)
For example I like to ANNIHILATE my opponent...unfortunately I dont think Im pro yet

Royale

Smash Journeyman
competitive, hardcore, with a dash of casual. Its a game after all, yea i wanna get better at smash, but being all tense about competition does not make you a better player. I find that sometimes you tend to find yourself when your in the middle of a relaxing match.

i also find that, even in basic brawl and friends matches, i get people that keep trying to proove that their 'better than me', well if you become overly obessesed with that and only care about certain types of matches then i dont consider you a well rounded type of character. Smash isnt about teaching someone a lession.

quicksting_cricket

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cricketmisu
casual-hardcore smasher aswell.
i play rather much eh, dont mind what happens to the game either.. i geuss there isnt anything bad happening, and if it was.. i dont mind it.

Malch

Smash Cadet
I think I'm hardcore competitive. I don't go to too many tournaments, but me and my friends have tourney-parties pretty often and we get VERY competitive.

PS: Somebody should set up a poll.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
I'm also a casual-hardcore smasher. As long as my favorite characters aren't cut out (I doubt they will, seeing as my favorites are Peach, the Ice Climbers, and a couple other veteran characters). I almost never play with items on, but I do enjoy screwing around once in a while.

Tech n9ne

Smash Rookie
Casual , hardcore , competetive player.

I play the game just to enjoy, i always played smash and ill probably never do without even when i'm an old man sitting with his grandchildren in a flying spaceship my fingers will still be flashy enough to shffl and wavedash back so i can shffl again. Maybe it's even easier when you have 0 gravity!

I am also competetive because i play every game to win and to improve my skill even tho it sometimes takes the fun away a bit i don't mind because in the end it's worth it. And it's nice to have such a desire for improvement.

Top Bottom