• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

MK1

Smash Rookie
I'm a casual, I play on any stage I want to, screw around with the different characters and think that people who need to ban stages becuase they move arn't harcore, because they can't adapt to a stage...don't jump me now people

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I'm a competitive smasher. However, smash is right now just a fun passtime.

But it's more fun if you win more. So that's why I want to become better... and better.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm DEFINITELY a competatie smasher... I'd like to be pro and I DO play pros when I can, so I might call myself semi-pro, but I simply don't get out to the tourneys often enough to call myself a pro.

Thirskk

Smash Rookie
I would say im Competitive just because i want to get better
but i always like to have fun every once in a while as most people do!

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
I just can't conform and agree with Kirbykid on this subject of 'defining a smasher' first off you start off stating your opinion on what you think of 'competitive smashers' saying 'they take the fun out of the game' but then later on you go to say that you shouldn't judge or think badly of someone if they like to play a different way. How contradicting don't you think? Secondly I don't like the fact that you even try to define a smasher, who cares really? As long as you play and it should be left at that. If anything I think you created 'definitions' as a way to give yourself an excuse for losing at the game. because at the end of a match you just lost you could very easily say 'I'm just a casual player' and blow off as that. I've played a lot of players like you before, you guys always try so hard to make excuses for why you suck instead at trying to get better. I'm also willing to bet you hate losing to superior players and you made this thread to make yourself feel better. That's why you don't like playing with competitive players because they do in fact play hard, play to win, and give no mercy. If I had to choose one on your definitions I would choose competitive! I play to win and it is geatly satisfying when I do knowing I can beat someone better or not. Even if I lose to a better player there's still a respect, unlike your kind you try to play but you just can't so you make excuses. You can't define smashers your good or your not bottom line. And although everything you said did make sence and it was well said it just doesn't work

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I'm working to become the best I can with all of my favorite characters, and
training for the one day that I get to show up at a big tournament!

I'm also a smasher who wishes Spear Pillar was a counterpick stage. Who's with me!?!?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Lol i was mentally diagraming an argument against what you were saying thinking aside: this guy must be joking, look at his join date...

but I would consider myself a competitive smasher + hardcore smasher. can i do that?

i view smash just as others view their dedication to sports. Its a great game with a great (though diminishing) competitive following. Or, at least, it apperas to me as if its diminishing. But I do see a backlash coming in the near future that will bring more to melee!!!!!

Joord

Smash Rookie
I think I'm like Hardcore Smasher ,, Cause I have always played The game ,,, never did some other game but Super smash bros ,,, From day 1 i've been playing it so ,,, I Even Keep Looking the internet For when it came out ,, It was totaly freaking me Out that It took so long ,,,

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
I'll just I'm a cross between Hardcore and Competitive Smasher. Well, if there was no Link or Snake then I'd quit. Link is pretty awesome in-game and Snake on WiFi or multiplayer (lol, rocket launchers).

pirkid

Smash Lord
I'm a casual, I play on any stage I want to, screw around with the different characters and think that people who need to ban stages becuase they move arn't harcore, because they can't adapt to a stage...don't jump me now people
Welcome to Smashboards!

Casual/Competitive/Hardcore fits the bill for most, including me. It's fine to be the norm, I play Halo and COD, I play TF2 and CS, I work as an instructor and I am graduating. We're normal.

I<3bumper

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
Casual, except I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people;)

Naw, but the only reason I want to improve is because I'm running into more and more really strong players: and let's face it, who enjoys getting their *** handed to them all the time?

QuickSi1ver

Smash Cadet
Competitive because I want to be the best that I can be, and am dying to go to a tournament, but my parents are going straight to the devil if they let me go to NYC for a tourney with all 18 year old+ kids.

Umbreonfox

Smash Rookie
Heh, I think I'm more of a Compulsive player, no way am I addicted because I barely even play that much. But I am highly devoted to trying to play better. I guess I'm somewhat of a hypocrite as well when it comes to the game.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
I'll play against anybody; i don't know if taht makes me hardcore or insane, either way, I'm happy
Insane... Ha, that works. People say that I could go pro, but I am not so sure myself. Is there even such a thing as making a living off of Smash?

Bladefist137

Smash Cadet
Well i consider myself a Casual/Competitive player since: While i mostly like to play SSBB for fun (especially with friends^^) i do however want to improve my gameplay so i can become better at the game and thats why i sometimes train to be able to so those fancy ATs :bee:

PS: i'm new to this website :p

Dahlaine

Smash Cadet
I was gonna write down pretty much exactly what Bladefist just stated.

I play casually with my friends (trying to get one of them to train competitively with me) and scower the smashboards, youtube and the friend finder to increase my competitive skill.
Playing casually is fun but there's nothing more fun than being good at something you like, unless you spend too much time on it imo.

Polar

Smash Rookie
I was gonna write down pretty much exactly what Bladefist just stated.

I play casually with my friends (trying to get one of them to train competitively with me) and scower the smashboards, youtube and the friend finder to increase my competitive skill.
Playing casually is fun but there's nothing more fun than being good at something you like, unless you spend too much time on it imo.
Quoted for truth, because I would've sounded redundant if I said it too. :p
I have a couple of friends that actually asked me to play competitively, so I agreed.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm a hardcore smasher. Even though I don't play online, due to me not having a computer, Wii etc...etc... I know I probably am one of the best Smashers out there. I have been playing Smash Bros since I was little. And I always stuck by it. And I've played people who had reputation for being good, and I smashed them. And I also played with a bunch of hardcore and casual gamers alike. All were easy. I dunno why, but the moves I do are instinct. I would just do something, without even thinking about it. But if I want to go hard, I can plan and strategize very well also. I prefer matches with items, but sometimes I need a serious match, and I will turn the items off.... You know, I bet everyone here is also very good at Smash, and I really do wish I could face people online, through WI-FI... the fun I would have... Also, I like to choose stages randomly, making it more of a challenge. And I also don't believe in tiers. I think it's a load of crap, characters being better than other characters, due to how well they counter, etc..etc... I think tiers are stupid. Just because a character is low-tier doesn't mean that they can't beat a top-tier, or that the person playing with a low-tier character can't win. It's just based upon someone's preferences, and whatnot. But some games are considered "hardcore" and some are considered "casual", and really, I consider myself more of a gamer than anything... Okay, I'm going to stop, I don't want to write a novel. xD

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
Casual Smasher, i play for my own enjoyment, i don't try and prove i'm better then anyone (Cause i know i'm not) and mostly try to increase smash ability at my four fav characters, Sheik, Sonic, Lucario, and Toon Link

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tourney
- 1v1: Aggressive
- 2v2: Aggressive
Casual
- 1v1: Focused
- 2v2: Focused
- 3 way: Don"t try
- 4 way: What Evs

Top Bottom