• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

accention

Smash Rookie
Ide like to say that i am competitive smasher but I have so little competition that im not sure how 2/3 of the roster plays competitivly so i guess im an aggressive casual brawler(because of a lack of understanding i suppose),but i want to play comptitvely

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I'm an unknown, never been to a tourney smasher. I have never won any money matches, or played any, and I don't even know how good I am in comparison to others. All that I know is that I am competitive and want to join the pro circuit if I ever become good enough. I have only played my friends and level 9 computers, so my practicing may not have prepared me for joining this site and trying to come out into the smash competitive world, but I can promise that I will try my best. So I guess I'm a humble smasher.
If u wish to get better quickly and more efficiently, I highly suggest you play melee. Nuff said.

Jun.

Smash Lord
"I know what i'm doing" smasher

that's what i say to everyone who asks if i'm good. Definately not pro, and competitive smasher sounds a bit borderline strange.

XXXSlyFoxXXX

Smash Rookie
hello people

im new here but im a tricky smasher,easy to read,but it takes time to make perfect...........

Leon7

Smash Rookie
Well, I would have to say that I am a "Competitive Smasher", working my way up to a "Pro Smasher".
Of course I don't act exactly the way it was defined there, it's pretty close. I always aim to win when playing, but I don't have a panic attack when I begin to loose. (Even though I don't like losing.) But if I do lose, generally I'm one to congratulate the winner instead of putting them down, like most people would.

vVv Cauterize

Smash Rookie
I guess I can be classified as Casual, Competitive, and Hardcore.

I play it for fun, I enjoy the competitive side, and I won't be letting go of Smash until they stop making Smash games.

RichHobo

Smash Rookie
im a freakin newb to SWF (i dont even lurk), so can someone direct me to the thread in which i introduce myself? if there isnt, ill get around to it eventually. the embarrassment of this post hurts me a lot more than it does you, so save your trolling.

btw i consider myself a competitive smasher; a terrible one, but nevertheless a competitive smasher.

edit: i guess i should add a little more detail.

well, I play an agressive game and try to apply as much pressure as possible to corner in my opponent. I think this is cause my first competitive fighting game experience was with street fighter III a couple years ago, and Akuma's been my main for as long as I remember. I started out with DK, and that didnt work at all, so I switched to C.Falcon and have been pretty good so far (Electric knee is God), but im trying to find a more clever and not as always-attacking-at-every-moment-y because that hasnt been working.

here are my better characters (greatest to least):
64: DK, C.Falcon, Fox, Pikachu,
Melee: C.Falcon, Fox, Falco, Marth, DK, Zelda
Brawl (I dont play much, though): C.Falcon, Luigi, Marth, Pit, Zelda, Fox, Mario

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Casual. I don't go to tournaments, and i don't use many ATs (except for the bomb-cancelled Dsmash OHKO-gimp FTW)

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I would consider myself somewhere between casual and competitive according to those definitions. I only play it as a hobby, I don't play it completely serious, and I don't mind how I play it, but I feel like I'm slightly competitive because I want to get as good as I can

TMSreptiles

Smash Rookie
I play as a hobby and I'm not all that good. I'm alot better at reptile care and breeding than video games and I can guarentee that I will never do a tourny for two reasons
-I'm not good enough
-I just play it as a game and I'm not really a video game person

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i am an agressive ike, and best ike main in the uk (currently) and currently placed 6th in the ike power rankings (a.k.a 6th best ike in the world) that guaranteed to change though.
i'm the wierding brawler in the u.k as i suffer for a severe form of dispraxia, which basically means my hands don't quite do what i tell them to, which i s why i make a fair amount of typo's in my posts (or course im too lazt to go and correct them)
i'm a living example that having idspraxia dosent really stop you from doing much, too many people use it as an excuse not to do anything, well screw 'dem!
i've been to several in person tournaments and at my most recent one (which was a nationwide tournament) i placed 9th and got recognition as a legitimate spam-avoider (beat out the countries best r.o.b to get to 9th, who did nothing but run and fire stuff at me)
bit late for me to post in this aint it?
message me if you want some games of wifi, i hate it so, but i'll still paly for funs on it

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Me? I'm the kinda smasher who tries to do the most interesting looking kills.

I am particularly fond of footstools.

--------------

Guy above me made me lol. So true.

i am an agressive ike, and best ike main in the uk (currently) and currently placed 6th in the ike power rankings (a.k.a 6th best ike in the world) that guaranteed to change though.
i'm the wierding brawler in the u.k as i suffer for a severe form of dispraxia, which basically means my hands don't quite do what i tell them to, which i s why i make a fair amount of typo's in my posts (or course im too lazt to go and correct them)
i'm a living example that having idspraxia dosent really stop you from doing much, too many people use it as an excuse not to do anything, well screw 'dem!
i've been to several in person tournaments and at my most recent one (which was a nationwide tournament) i placed 9th and got recognition as a legitimate spam-avoider (beat out the countries best r.o.b to get to 9th, who did nothing but run and fire stuff at me)
bit late for me to post in this aint it?
message me if you want some games of wifi, i hate it so, but i'll still paly for funs on it
How can an Ike hate Wifi?
Also that 9th place, was it out of 9th people? UK has no scene.
If UK has some sort of hidden community, please, invite me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Me? I'm the kinda smasher who tries to do the most interesting looking kills.

I am particularly fond of footstools.

--------------

Guy above me made me lol. So true.

How can an Ike hate Wifi?
Also that 9th place, was it out of 9th people? UK has no scene.
If UK has some sort of hidden community, please, invite me.
trust me, when your as good as me, wifi hates you (k.mac cockyness XP)
the uk has a reasonably large scene, you jsut need to look for it XP

Muser

Smash Rookie
I would say I am slightly casual... but really more competitive, and certainly Hardcore. I really like (and try) to win, but I can enjoy the game just for the sake of playing. My ultimate goal is to destroy TheBuzzSaw. :D ... .. Probably will never happen, but I have fun trying.

Col. Cashew

Smash Rookie
Heh i guess i am a competitive/pro Smasher.
I prefer no items on the Temple and i play Falco all the way. I like to compete but i also am always looking for ways to improve my game. But i am not a hardcore gamer. I stick with Melee.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Heh i guess i am a competitive/pro Smasher.
I prefer no items on the Temple and i play Falco all the way. I like to compete but i also am always looking for ways to improve my game. But i am not a hardcore gamer. I stick with Melee.
good choice!

I would rather play bowser dittos on termina all day than play one game of brawl

MrLRG

Smash Rookie
Me, I'm a casual smasher whenever I play, I have fun and use a style that translates over to most characters. Another friend of mine who is an obvious competitive smasher is the only time I really act like a competitive smasher and try to win. I always do :p.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I'd say I'm a hardcore and competitive smasher. I want to get better and improve my game and I <3 smash since melee.

Muffinmonkeys

Smash Rookie
I would call myself a hardcore smasher.

I grew up on the first game and i have loved them since, who cares about no l-cancels? all 3 smash bros. are amazing!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I am casual in 64, main with Link, secondary with fox.
I am amazing in melee, main with Peach, secondary with Marth.
I am above average in Brawl, main with Zero Suit Samus, secondary is a tie with Pit and Yoshi.

competed and placed high in unofficial tournaments of melee and brawl. skills in brawl are higher than an average team of foxes or falcos... they must be average level though... no pros... above average is a maybe with fox and or falco teams. melee Peach FTW.
competitive only in tournaments... competition does not get the better of my emotions sans actual competition. I don't massacre little furry bunnies but i don't let them win at the same time.

if i play against professionals... i get better... if i only play with professionals, i will become one within the week... i don't know any professionals.

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
I'm more of a Casual/Competitive.

I love playing at the top of my skills, but I also love to fight people stronger than I am. (:

D

Deleted member

I guess I'm classified as a hardcore-casual Smasher.
I play casually, and no matter what, I'm with Smash Bros. until I die.

Top Bottom