• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Juri

Smash Cadet
I guess from that list a Hardcore Smasher.

I still play Brawl every few months, can't wait for the next Smash Bros game though.

HashyDash

Smash Rookie
I'm hardcore and competitive, but every once in a while you just have to crank the damage ratio up, turn all explosives on high and switch to coin mode for the lulz.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I consider myself a competitive smasher who aspires to become a well known pro soon. I mostly stick with melee due to the level of technical skills required to play, but 64 is fun.... and brawl is.... okay??? i guess???

All in all i play melee because its become a passion for me. I love it. I think its the greatest game out there. I've made so many memories with it. Ive made friends, laughed, developed rivalries, had fun discussing strategies, and overall... it was the highlight of my highschool life... now that im in college, I still play with my friends and look forward to many memories with melee... I dont think ill ever stop playing it... It has a special place in my heart... I wouldnt trade a second of my experience with it for anything in the world.

Exalted

Smash Lord
I'm a highly competetive smasher. I aspire to be a pro one day, but living in a small town in the upper region of Sweden with no other Smashers than me is really affecting my development. There hasn't ever been a competetive tournament here, so it's really discouraging.

Climbin

Smash Rookie
I'm a casual Smasher with some competition in me. I don't mind losing, But i play hard to win. If i lose? I congratulate the victor and move on for either a couple more rematches or find more people.

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
Me, I'm a casual smasher whenever I play, I have fun and use a style that tooths over to most characters. (as yoshi) Another friend of mine who is Steven9wii an obvious competitive smasher is the only time I really act like a competitive smasher and try to win. I always do :p.
i think i must be blind!! i dont see you in my friends list

Viewtiful_Luigi!

Smash Rookie
XThe Resistance HQ, Your Awesome Brawl WorldX
Me? What kind of Smasher am I. . well that's hard to explain! xD I like taunting a lot, especially on with anyone on WiFi, most of the people I play with are nice :D But I also can own really well I think xD I was playing in Final Destination and I was owning with Ike cause everytime those dudes came at me, a charged attack or a special attack went in their face O: And I won xD I also love playing as Snake and getting him killed during CODEC calls cause you can keep on doing it and the other players can see it! But all in all, I'm an all around Smasher I guess, I like being competitve at times and chill at other times and just having fun! But once I get muh Bat, it's homerun time! Oh I mean, "IT'S SHOWTIME!" xD Kirby Luigi FalconGanon PAWUNCH!!!!!!!!!! :ganondorf: :kirby2: :falcon:: :luigi2: Feel the Power! :lucario:

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
Casual/Professional for me. I can be nuts with several suicidal strategies, but Shadow and Cloud are my main characters. Very good characters, I use Brawl+ too.

Shockwave22

Smash Rookie
I play all three games. I counted the days from E3 2006 until brawl came out. Now that I have it, I own!
I just keep hitting you with combos then meteor smash ya off the map.

I've already proved I'm the best in my school. I just don't know how to enter any online tournaments and there are no local ones.

Kiiroe

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty Casual, but i would like to be more competitive.

I kinda have to get better first though >_<

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
I enjoy playing with people above my skill level. I observe and react in this situation I play to lose until I see all there bad habits. I love dittos and friendly matches where I mess around. I am almost never competitive unless a Snake ditto occurs.

AndorranPrince

Smash Rookie
Hardcore
I don't play tournaments, my age being a restriction, but I can be quite competitive. The casual/comp. is a little overclassified IMO. Sure, 90% of the time I play regular 2 minute matches against my opposing squad of level 9s, but when I'm with my friends, I always like playing on a tiny custom stage with nothing but bumpers, pokeballs and smartbombs.

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
I am definetly a hardcore smasher through and through. I have pro skills and there is some casual in me of course but I have remained faithful to Smash even when everyone around me became sick of it and stopped playing. I have also owned the game from day one on the 64 and I will get Brawl and love it because I already know it's going to be the best game there is!

Your mom was hardcore last night JK

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I swear. That was possibly the most stupid comment I've ever read.

I'm casual now. I hack the game. Don't play competitively anyways.
If you read his signature, you may revoke that.

Also, I need an excuse to show off my awesome new signature.

Stay thirsty my friends...

K ~ 9

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit of a Casual/Competitive player. Sometimes I want to play Smash for fun and sometimes I want to improve my skill at the game.

D

Deleted member

Competitive Wolf main.

He says it best: "I will be the one to take you down!"

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
i'm a competitive player who fights to win and hates to lose but i don't have to worry about that since only very good players or an entire group of firendlys can beat me and only when i'm not playing my top three

OmEG@

Smash Rookie
id say a casual/ slightly competive, i barely going to tournaments and i found out that xyro lives by! i hope im a serious pro one day

Smatsy

Smash Rookie
I'm casual.
I can't call myself hardcore because I rarely play online and such.
I've only been in one tournament. I won. I beat a 30-year old man. :p

Oohhh and I've LOVE to be pro. I beat everyone I play, but there aren't any tournaments ever going on around here..ya know?

Alakazamaster

Smash Rookie
I would say that I am a competitive smasher. :p I have been getting more into the competitive Brawl scene in recent months, and am trying to really learn the truly competitive side of Brawl.

addiewillium

Smash Rookie
I like this game very much and always play with whenever i am free. I like pro-smasher because pro-smasher is a very expert player.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm a troll smasher.

I read and observe my opponent so I can do things that will get under their skin. I like messing with my opponent, winning is just an added bonus.

trumpcard

Smash Rookie
im new at smash boards but i've been playing for years. i think i would be a competitive smasher i have a lot to learn and im trying to get to hardcore smasher using young link and zelda.

im not looking to be "the best" but just to get my name out there so when ppl see (card) under their opponents name that i wont go down easy xD

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
I'm a casual Smasher who's aware of the metagame/competitive side of play.

What I hate about it sometimes is that people can get -too- worked up over competitive play and if people don't abide by these rules at all they're automatically worthless. I think that the player who can play well on any field (from the casual Brawler mentality who doesn't care about items/tiers/stages/the metagame, to the competitive Brawler mentality who's always trying to figure out these next movesets and how they can utilize x combo against y opponent on z stage using b character, etc.) and be able to ground a reputation from that is the best player one will ever meet.

Top Bottom