• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I was a competitive player until i ran out of money. I know most of the advance techs and i am really good at it. I am adamant about improving my skills, i have rarely been beat and when i did i would rematch them and become way better. I dont brag, people started to avoid me or lock me out of matches because they couldnt beat me( I am superfriendly and my friend told me thats why they dont play me). I am counter-active so that means make a mistake and thats your ***. When i play proactive thats the worst becaure i am relentless but honorable, you will be able to get back onstage. I am also highly adaptive to situations. If i had the resources and the knowledge i would put vids up but i am broke so thats what took me out of competitive play.
what do you mean?

Fiorekid2

Smash Rookie
Ok i have a question. Does it really matter if you are a smasher or a non smasher cause im not gonna do much of that ima just dodge it or take it. Some you can dodge and some you cant but i could probably win without it anyway.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
i would say i lie between competive and pro

i just live in a area where i cant really move up to pro

but at the same time i like to just mess around with melee and have a good time

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
Apparently, Smash is for everyone, contrary to popular belief. Although the number of people with less than one hundred posts saying that pokeballs and bob-ombs rule discourages me... I sense a trend. The people with more posts take the game a bit more seriously than those who don't. I can also see that the same people are the ones who whine about the game being taken too seriously. Don't get me wrong, there are people who only have like fifty posts and are perfectly fine at the game and people like me with about six hundred posts and obviously suck at the game. I'm just stating the trend.

Winder

Smash Rookie
Personally, I sometimes get annoyed by how hardcore people get. That's why I try to be more casual. I actually know why Sakurai seems to hate hardcore Smash players. Imagine making all the items and stages in Smash, but have all of them be rejected. I agree with the person who started this thread. Hardcore smashers do take the fun out of Smash.

connordoc

Smash Rookie
I'm more of a competitive smasher myself, though I'm nowhere near being great at the game...

Just in the past few months have I seriously began using advansed techniques (SP)? that most casual smashers don't know about. I've recently mastered SHFFLING, wavedashing, edge hogging, and chain throwing.

I don't consider myself great by any means. I'm without a doubt the 2nd best freshman at my school, but I'm not great. 90% of the Sophmores who play can beat me easily.

(First Post On Smashboards For The Win):laugh:

iluvwobbuffet

Smash Cadet
I guess I would fall under Competitive/Hardcore Smasher. I joined this board to get better, and to learn the techniques I've recently heard of. Wither I master these techniques or not, I'll with Smash through and through, lmao.

=^_^=

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Hardcore/Competitive for me. I'm always going to play Smash, and I'm always going to strive to make myself better at it.

Hopefully one day I'll reach the pro level...

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Pro Smasher: A pro smasher is an expert player.
^^^^ It depends in Smash64 Im a pro smasher
And in Melee im more of an Competitive Smasher
^^^ Im good and all but im not to good. I do well in the tournys i go to (not saying to much lollz)

zagman505

Smash Cadet
hm... for me, definitely hardcore, i love this game to death =D and... i'm probably more of a casual smasher, i hate how my friends always want to have 1v1 matches to see who's better.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm Casual-Hardcore, since I'm not good enough to be competitive (yet), but I'm addicted to Smash, and would LOVE it no matter what they screwed up (although I WILL be royally PISSED if they make Ridley not playable....)

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
<p align="center"><strong>Casual Smasher:</strong> A person who plays smash as a recreational activity. These gamers play smash as a pastime, diversion, or as a resource for relaxation and enjoyment.</p>
Ultimately for these gamers, Smash is all about having fun in any style. Winning a losing matches is secondary to creating exciting experiences. This is why playing with items appeals to these players so much. What’s more exciting than throwing a bunch of pokeballs all over the place and running around as chaos commences?

As soon as someone gets upset or angry (at losing perhaps) the situation would have then gone too far for the Casual Smasher. Because everyone is just trying to have fun, there’s no need to get upset and throw your controller across the room. Though Smash has rules and clear objectives, they’re of a lesser priority for these players. They encourage people to try and win, but not at the expense of anyone else’s fun.
Describes me exactly.

reu_1303

Smash Apprentice
&quot;I'm not going there to die. I'm going to fin
I'm a casual-hardcore smasher. I love to play smash just for the fun of it, I love Items and I really don't care if I win or lose just as long as I'm having fun. Don't get me wrong though I love to improve my smash game and get better but so do my friends so It always stays fun

SilentCasket

Smash Rookie
I get competitive when the other person actually is too but im usually a casual player online its gonna be diffrent when im playing with anyone of course im gonna be hardcore cuz you dont know the person your playing with lol but with friends if they get serious ill get serious,mutual thing huh? Anyways cant wait to play with some of you online when it gets out lol

man this forums gonna be hectic when the game is release lawl xD

Thunderstorm

Smash Rookie
im a casual gamer... but i would be hardcore if i actually could find mine lol. i LOVE the game, and cant wait for brawl, and wen brawl comes out, i will be all over like mj on little kids.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Hardcore competitive semi casual.
I play to win, with fun in mind. If I play a really good match, I'm not going to care if I win or loose. I don't compete at tournaments and I don't wavedash or shffl everywhere. I find my opponent's weaknesses and strike while attempting to minimize my own vulnerabilities, rather than overwhelming them with a flurry of various advanced techniques. You could say I play a tactical game of smash instead of a technical game. I don't play with items, but I can if I need to, although I like Final Destination of 1 on 1 matches I do not exclude other stages.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Casual competitive player. The group of smashers and I all use the competitive level "advanced techniques" and we play according to tournament rules most of the time. We occasionally fool around with banned stages, but we almost never use items. I don't think we even played with items at any point actually. We just enjoyed beating the crap out of each other without items since the game came out. Recently (past year-ish), we started to get more serious with several aspects of the game (technical skills and playing smart) and went to some tournaments.

e319

Smash Apprentice
First Post!

I think im in between casual and competitive, i practice alot but i dont play tornaments and i like using items. I just love watching Bowser throw a bat at kirby, thats all

:grin:first post!:chuckle:

DeathShadoe

Smash Rookie
Evolving

I use to be 100% casual while I played SSB and SSBM for two reasons:
1.I didn't actually own either of them, I just went over to my cousin's place to play.
2.There was no way to compete in tournaments, I live in a small town so I would have to be driven into "town" just to play in a tournament, which didn't exactly appeal to my parents.

That, however, will change with Brawl. I have reserved it, so there is no doubt I will own it. Also, with the Wi-Fi feature, and having joined a tournament guild on Gaiaonline, I will be able to participate in tournaments often. So I'm sure I will slowly but surely evolve into a competitive player that uses items when playing by himself/with friends.:grin:

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I consider myself somewhere in the middle, I suppose.

I usually play more casually with items on whatever stage with whoever -- I of course have my favorites but am adequate with most everyone in the game. To me, skill is more about being well-rounded, being able to adapt to any situation with any character, etc. There have been plenty of times when luck would've made me "lose," but skill persevered anyway.

I totally love playing a highly competitive match to get my skills flowing, but I can only do that for a while before I feel like the spirit of fun is lost. I prefer to improve my overall skills by playing in a wide variety of circumstances. The people I play with are mostly casual but good enough to help me improve, but I play Smash more to enjoy myself with friends than simply to get better.

So I'm a person who plays "casually," but still can play seriously, as well. I try to be a well-rounded Smasher. I find pleasure in beating self-proclaimed Tourney players at their game, especially when I can do it as Zelda with no Sheik.

shellblade

Smash Cadet
I'm competitive or casual depending on who I play, and I guess you could say I'm hardcore too

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
I believe that I am a hardcore casual gamer. I am just so addicted to smash, some people say its not even funny. I do though, smashing is one of the ways to play a video game.

Mageus

Smash Rookie
The triles of Smashood

I personaly would consider myself a mixture of casual/competitive/hardcore. The fact that I love playing any verson of Smash Bros. with friends even my friends that are noobs to Smash Bros. makes me a casual smasher. Though I am also very competitive whenever I play and am always trying to improve my skills, even if I can't get to tournments which I hope will change with Braw being online. Above all I guess the one thing that makes me a true hardcore smasher, is the fact that after having my Wii force me to reformat my memory card causing me to lose my SSBM file which had everything unlocked, I just shruged and started over from scratch.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Eh, i'd say im definitely a competitive smasher but i have just as much fun beating down on my non competitive friends w/ items on high pokeballs only and such. this is kind of a funny thread. we're all just looking in the smash mirror and telling others what we see of ourselves.

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
I'm somewhere between hardcore and competitive. I'm pretty good and I've won tournaments before but I still don't think I'm a pro yet.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
For the most part, I play competitively. I practice techniques to get better at them, I play to win, and I don't like too much chaos. I always play without items, and I prefer stages without too much outside interference like Big Blue and Corneria.

However, I always try to have as much fun as I can when I'm playing, as well. I always try new tactics, even during the most competitive matches, and I don't necessarily stick to the MLG stage set. My favorite stages in Melee are Hyrule Temple and Kongo Jungle 64.

I always play hard, and I play to beat my opponents. But I don't get mad when I lose, and I always try to do weird things to make the match more interesting. I see myself as a good combination between a Casual and Competitive Smasher.

Top Bottom