• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What the heck happened??

Mendoza

Smash Apprentice
I used to play Brawl back from release, and was a really respected Lucario player in the Midwest. This was back when Wario was low tier. Won a few tourneys, placed in a whole bunch. I got out of the game almost a year ago, and come back to see some crazy stuff. Lucario now seems to be a little lower on the tiers, and some surprising characters have climbed up higher than I would have imagined. (Olimar, Diddy)
Though I do realize he is above half of the cast, it seems he's barely viable to win these days, aside from teams. Am I wrong? What smashers do well with Lucario? Im thinking of getting back into this stupid game, and want to know what peoples view on this character is all about? What are his bad match-ups, aside from Meta and Snake? What are some hot tactics. Fill me in.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Couldnt you just have read the stickies? sheesh.

he's a little lower on the tier list because We got lazy, distracted, and our best players left since then. .

You pulled an Azen? why?

his bad matchup is D3. MK and Snake.

Zsamus is now not a **** matchup but an even one.

He was barely viable to win the moment Azen and Lee left.

No Smasher is doing exceptionally well with him so far although theyre are some good players.

our numbers are probably the lowest in the boards. were only around 30 left.

Need anything else just ask.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Umm, D3, snake is somewhat debatable, and as for MK, not too much of a problem, considering nearly everyone's got issues with him (certainly still disadvantaged though).
Read stuff (wait, the guide isn't stickied anymore, nvm)
Teams is actually more of his weak spot compared to singles.
Oli, D3, marth, MK, and snake can be tough for lucario.
As of now, we don't have very many huge national "procarios", although we certainly have potential candidates for it.

Wait... You played a bit with Bloodhawk, didn't you? Is he still repping lucario?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Welcome back Mendoza, sort of.

Well we're trying to further Lucario's metagame. Some progress is showing, people are trying out new strats and figuring out what moves will string well against when. A discussion on punishing was put up recently, we're still going through the character match up discussion and revising on it over and over. People are coming and leaving as usual.

Also questions on why Diddy and Olimar went up so high in the tier list. Diddy became a beast cause of his naners, Olimar...I don't know what's up with Olimar, and I still feel like Lucario can **** Olimar, just don't try to get above him for most of the time.

Also why Lucario dropped in the tier list, lack of tourney representation, lack of winning, and pretty much lack of Lucario mains altogether. Some of us didn't do well at Genesis with Lucario, not even getting out of Single pools except for Rayku.

Anything else feel free to ask.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
The only people that should ever reasonably give Lucario trouble are Marth, DDD, (maybe) DK, and MK. Everyone else is manageable if you learn the matchups.

and why isn't everyone going wtf @ Kirby being higher than Lucario and ZSS being only one place below Lucario. I don't disagree with those facts per se, but I was pretty "wtf" when I first saw them.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I was shocked that Kirby was higher than Lucario, since I see Lucario doing better in the match ups than Kirby and Lucario giving Kirby a problem as well. But I was like meh, it's just a tier list. It can always change.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
the main problem with Kirby being higher is that he is very predictable when it comes to KO'ing and generally easy as **** to KO. idk y he's higher, the only real reason I can see is that he has a few more options for damage racking and no real bad stages.

oh and I always lol when I remeber that TL used to be considered the third best character in the game.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I still lol when it was thought marth had the advantage against MK 65:35 . If your planning to come and help us then by all means welcome. we need more players right now. (there are so few you can count with your fingers and toes)

Browny

Smash Hater
he's a little lower on the tier list because We got lazy, distracted, and our best players left since then. (Azen, Lee, Milln, Jeepy, and everyone else who got tired of Lucario and/or Brawl in general.
Please dont speak on other's behalf when dealing with absolutes

hough123

Smash Ace
the main problem with Kirby being higher is that he is very predictable when it comes to KO'ing and generally easy as **** to KO. idk y he's higher, the only real reason I can see is that he has a few more options for damage racking and no real bad stages.

oh and I always lol when I remeber that TL used to be considered the third best character in the game.
Remember the NS2 poll that had Pit vs. TL where MK dropped off into low tier?
:laugh:

http://nsider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=160649&hl=tier+poll
I just died a bit.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
I was shocked that Kirby was higher than Lucario, since I see Lucario doing better in the match ups than Kirby and Lucario giving Kirby a problem as well. But I was like meh, it's just a tier list. It can always change.
Do not forget that we have a slight advantage on Diddy Kong and Falco as well...

also, Fox has an advantage on D3 as i recall

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah we do, but it didn't look that way on my behalf when I was playing against TC1. I felt like a scrub trying to catch those bananas. Number one rule Lucario main, against a Diddy Kong, if you think you can handle bananas, you can't!

Zucco

Smash Master
Lucario vs Meta is even, 45:55 at the worst. I dont know why anyone would think otherwise.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The only people that should ever reasonably give Lucario trouble are Marth, DDD, (maybe) DK, and MK. Everyone else is manageable if you learn the matchups.

and why isn't everyone going wtf @ Kirby being higher than Lucario and ZSS being only one place below Lucario. I don't disagree with those facts per se, but I was pretty "wtf" when I first saw them.
I certainly did, Kirby got me puzzled a bit, even if they have at least "famous" reps. Although imo Zss has been getting better in metagame, although I think a lot of people overestimate her when in reality it's just a matter of learning a really wacky MU like Zss.
Also, diddy is obviously the best with bananas, and then there's a few people who can somewhat compete (I think TL and some others), and lucario barely does well with them, although I hear that the retreating downward throw glidetoss is pretty decent for lucario.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
When we still had what we thought was a chaingrab and a wall of pain, we could..

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
When we still had what we thought was a chaingrab and a wall of pain, we could..
We never had one. CG was debunked like 5 months in.
It's kind of hard to justify putting Lucario above anyone in the top 10
Top 10 nah. Top 12? perhaps. We're most likely better than Kirby, and we may be better than ROB. Not sure about ROB though. I just like the idea of being #13.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my lucario has been tearing up the aib ladder lately and ive gotten a lot better with him lately im thinking about a tourney on the first and I think im going to main lucario for it.

maybe I can step the game up a bit... but idk

Rayku

Smash Lord
of course, not everyone can find good players near him so wifi will have to do.
When Brawl first came out, I trained with a buddy since day 1. I still think he's better than I am.

Get one friend (I'm sure you have friends) that's willing to play with you. Use "You could easily make some cash by playing this game" as the incentive.

Wifi is a pile of trash. Offline experience is the only GOOD experience you'll receive, just because Wifi's not fun either.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Rayku i would do that if only i could find a friend who isn't trash at this game (or still uses items >_>) I have my siblings, but the only dedicated one is 9 years old.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
WiFi was fun b/c I used to play it with Timbers and we'd beat top teams on Gamebattles with double Ganon :D

But it sucks... and so does Lucario.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
And with that revelation revealed, Brawl itself sucks which is why were all moving to Blazblue.
Hell the only reason a few people play is because theyre good at it or they can earn cash.
I myself just play it only when i have friends over. Playing alone stinks.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I think Zero Suit Samus is even a better character than Lucario. It would go like this...

Zero Suit Samus > ROB > Lucario > Kirby > Toon Link.

Timbers

check me out
WiFi was fun b/c I used to play it with Timbers and we'd beat top teams on Gamebattles with double Ganon :D

But it sucks... and so does Lucario.
hi how are you doing

i think you may like my friend, his name is aurasmash or something like that
Brawl itself sucks which is why were all moving to Blazblue.
see what a smart guy he is i think you should listen to him

Top Bottom