• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Stage do you hate the most?

forgustio

Smash Rookie
i agree about the nes stages, they are annoying. I also hate 75m and i totally agree with StrongGaia in despising super mario bros stage i really really hate that one so much! and yeah moving maps suck so much i hate them.

Kaabi

Smash Cadet
Just like everyone (almost) I hate New Pork. It is really a mess and the gondola in the middle does not help at all. 75m is annoying, but not THAT bad.
Temple is an example of a good large stage. New Pork is everything that can go wrong

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
The stupid sidesteppers and crabbie-things (name please
The crabs are Sidesteppers. Though the turtles may look like Koopa's, they're actually not - they're called Shellcreppers.

Gotta be new pork city, 75m, hanenbow and castle siege
Castle Siege...? I don't believe I've heard that mentioned here yet.
Oh, and welcome to the forums. :bee:

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
i really hate final destination in brawl it is just so bad and way different then the melee one. halberd's the best map though.

DeactoVater

Smash Cadet
Easily Rumble Falls.
Becaise I really enjoy Infinite Glaciar in the last game. (Not Competively)

CatSquirrel?

Smash Rookie
Yes, yes, a thousand times 75m stinks. It is awkward, hazardous and leaves no room or time for a fight because you spend the fight trying not to SD or get hit by fire and jacks. And victory in Mario Bros. is entirely dependent on getting hit by a crab or a Shellcreeper.
Everything about that stage is annoying, but here are a few.

1. Enemies can go through one side of the screen and come out the other, but can you? Noooooo, the sides are the only places you'll get KO'd, over and over!

2. The Shellcreepers are koopa posers! They may have appeared first but they're posers!

3. Where are the fighter flies? If Nintendo is going to recreate a classic they should do it all the way.

4. Why does such a bad stage have such good music? What a waste.

But I digress. I did hate the Summit for a while, but then I got used to it and it's okay. Of course, I realized that while the mountain top is sliding, Dedede can avoid the whole fight by using the super jump. I may use Dedede alot, but I wouldn't do something that cheap.

Oh, and Spear Pillar sucks too, it would be okay if not for Palkia, and I always get stuck with Palkia.

CatSquirrel?

Smash Rookie
I would have to say hanenbow, or Rainbow Cruise...oh how that map vexes me so...
Oh yeah, I forgot about those, so let the rant continue!
If Hanenbow has water, then you should be able to swim in it! What game do they think this is, Melee? And scrolling stages stink, because most move too quickly to allow a real fight to take place. I place an exception on Mushroomy Kingdom, but it's banned anyway, so the people have spoken on that matter.

Lastly, Final Destination now has that lip that foils many recoveries, but I probably just have bad memories of "Three stock! No items! Fox only! AGHHH!" Maybe I don't wanna play as Fox! Maybe I don't wanna play as Fox!!! *calm down man, calm down*:crazy:
:tired:

DetLuigi

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the first time I played Hanenbow and died in the "Water" I just said "Well...that makes sense..." and since that day I play that map to a minimum lol

zippo074

Smash Cadet
Hmmm... Hanenbow or 75m...The fact that you can't swim in the water in hanenbow confuses me all the time, so I go into the water when I get hit, I don't recover because I think I can swim, then I realize I'm falling to my death and then I lose... And 75m just because, well, it's 75m...

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
The people have spoken, down with Hanenbow! Electroplankton was a bad game anyway.
The Hanenbow stage may be incredibly terrible to fight on, but at least it helped add variety to the game. I'm attempting to be positive, of course. :laugh:
As for you view on the Electroplankton game itself, I disagree. Despite the nature of the game's apperance, it actually wasn't a bad game and held quite a unique feel to it. It did, at least, deserve a mention in Brawl.

tomnooktheraccoon

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say Mario Bros. You can't get a kill without it being thinks to one of those **** creatures, WHICH SPAWN WAY TOO FREQUENTLY. and there's a ton of really low ceilings.

The rumble falls stage is like an even more annoying version of infinite glacier 'cause of the **** spikes, (you know the ones I'm talking about.)

Pit's stage is annoying for tether recoveries/Ike's aether.

In 75m, the platforms, excluding the ones to the far right, are too small to fight on, and the large platforms are hazardous due to them being so close to edge of the stage. Plus there's the jacks, the flames and ol' DK himself to steal others' kills.

Alot of them are annoying, but i can't even tolerate Mario Bros. in the least.

Pink_Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Hmmm, I don't like Samus stages, I find those quite annoying. Also, 75m is a huge disadvantage for Yoshi, though, if we play without items, I actually enjoy that stage.

SONiiC_64

Smash Cadet
New Pork City and Mario Bros. for me.

You can't get a kill without it being thinks to one of those **** creatures, WHICH SPAWN WAY TOO FREQUENTLY. and there's a ton of really low ceilings.
I second that. It is just too flippin' irritating wasting time killing someone to get rippedoff by a crab or turtle or whatever.

New Pork City kills this I reckon, Waaaay to big, lucky if a Chimera shows up, but thats a slow coming chance. They should've enhanced Onett or Fourside or something.

Hanenbow would be there, but its the least played stage on my Game so i haven't ad any negative effects from it......yet....

FifthRise

Smash Cadet
75m, that really old mario one, mushroomy kingdom, rumble falls.
i never play on npc just cause it's so huge, but not cause i hate it.
call me crazy, but i like hanenbow.

Denzi

Smash Master
New Pork Temple. (My friends pick these for 1v1's, and it's awful:()

But on the plus side, I survived in an FFA with Snake at Temple to 386%:laugh:.

I also hate Hannenbow so much I'd rather not think about it.

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
wario is kinda annoying on wifi cus no one ever cares about the stuff. npc is just wow, cus every time chimera shows up i happen to land there. and i second 75m.donkey is bonafide reatarded, not the brawl donkey at least. hanenbow is tight but i dont like it. only the name. " HANENBOW " XD omfg more brawl taunts.

Ismael

Smash Ace
New Pork City, it's huge and just plain unusable. And that big red monster that appears and chomps you for 200% damage and an instant KO is no fun either.
In second is Spear Pillar, having Dialga and Palkia flip the stage upside down, flip it sideways, shoot beams everywhere, slow time, etc. It's just really annoying, and don't get me started on Cresselia...

ZAR12344

Smash Rookie
New Pork City, it takes forever to K.O. anyone on that stage. Besides that it's way too big, making the camera zoom way far out. That also makes it hard to see your character and opponent(s).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Spear Pillar easily. There's nothing worse than trying to recover when the controls get reversed especially if you're Ness, Lucas, Ike... heck, anyone besides the "flying" characters or people with above average recoveries. Getting killed by the stage (especially when Creslina is around) is really annoying too.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Theres only one I really can't stand and it's New Pork City. Whoever came up with the design of that stage made an absolute mess of a stage. :(

Some of the stage parts are hard to see and they kinda blend into the background.

Top Bottom