• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Stage do you hate the most?

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
I don't hate the banned stages, because they're banned and you have a reason to end the match.

I do hate Brinstar and Norfair because they're counter pick(Which they shouldn't be), and you can't end the match.

D

Deleted member

Rumble falls just because I hate moving stages
New Pork City because It's too overly gigantic
Mario Bros. because of all the enemies and that the original Mario Bros. was awful
75m because it's simply not fun to play on and the game sucked
Spear Pillar because of the cheap flipping stage trick
Norfair because of the lava

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
I've grown to accept Mario Bros. and 75m at this point. I see Mario Bros. as a special stage where the gameplay is based solely on throwing the enemies. That's it. You can't fight normally there. As for 75m, well it isn't exactly fun but it isn't terrible. I guess I can just tolerate it.

By far my least favorite is Rumble Falls. You can't fight, the obstacles are dull and cheap, and -to insure no actual fightign takes place- it speeds up! They should have taken a lesson from Ice Mountain Melee- stop or slow down now and then so we can fight! Basically, its a place where you're fighting the stage instead of your opponent. > >

I also dislike Samus's Melee stage. Why the heck did they need three Metroid stages? Why not give ROB a stage? -Sigh-

Phigo

Smash Cadet
big blue... because its a fight against the stage, not against your opponent... one second you pay no attention to the happening and boom ._.

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
I hate...

-NEW PORK CITY: It's so darn big, I don't think I can live! >_> Oh, and that annoying pink thing... :p
-RUMBLE FALLS: The fact that it scrolls makes it so frustrating.
-MARIO BROS.: The shells, crabs and things makes what could've been a fantastic stage rubbish. Oh, and don't forgot that darn POW block...
-POKÉMON STADIUM 1/2: It's so small, and when it just changes stages randomly it's just *shudder* SO ANNOYING...
-HANNENBOW: Well, everyone hates it...why can't I? :bee:
-RAINBOW CRUISE: Meh... :p

Those stages should be gone forever :p :p :p

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Heeey! I like Hyrule Temple...it's a big stage in a good way :laugh:
I totally agree. Hyrule Temple is 1 of my fave stages too. I dislike Hanenbow. THe leaves r rely annoying. THey rely mess up Peach's parasol too

Neo Metal Sonic

Smash Cadet
I hate Mario Bros. - When I play as any of the Star Fox fighters and I call Landmaster, IT DOESN'T GO THROUGH THE FLOOR!!!!

I also hate New Pork City - too big and Ultimate Chimera....

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like Distant Planet. Not that I hate Pikmin or anything, but there's not enough room to really brawl efficiently.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I pretty much hate Hanenbow the most...

Hate
Hanenbow
New Pork City
75m

Dislike
Flat Zone 2
Mario Bros
Distant Planet

Meh...
Shadow Moses Island
Bridge of Eldin
Pokemon Stadium 2

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
75m is pretty much unplayable. Not competitively, and not even for fun matches.
It's just horrible.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
I think it's obvious. I hate Rumble Falls the most. And the other DK stage, there are lots of other stages that kinda suck but those are the main ones that I hate.

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
Hanenbow just seems to be all 'ledges', and unswimmable water. The leaves also get in the way of your attacks too much there -_-

Newpork...it is just way too hard to see your character at times.

I actually LIKE frigate orpheon. Just cause it flips around once in a while doesn't mean it sucks completely.

JPW

Smash Ace
New Pork City
Hanenbow
Mario Bros.
Rumble Falls
75m(though it is quite funny in classic mode when DK and Diddy got knocked out by things flying across the screen or those fireballs.)

vinni57

Smash Cadet
It is 75m and new pork. Hyrule temple was melee's best stage. Sora tried to re-create it but apperently it didn't work out.

1'st: too spaced out and is not solid like temple.

2'nd: too dark of a background (arguable)

3'rd: The ultimate chimera poses too much of an obstacle. (100- 200% damage w/ 1 bite!!!)

75m is just too scattered around and their only large flat surface w/ out any ladders has a huge mega-hazard! (a.k.a. DK)

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
i hate spear pillar most ...because of that annoing mirror-cam ...it always comes when im recovering )'=

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
75m...I like the idea of retro stages, but you spend more time navigating the stage than fighting...

Top Bottom