• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What programs are compatible with Dazzle DVC100?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I just bought the Dazzle, but it didn't come with Pinnacle Studio. I was wondering if there are any free programs I can download to capture video with my Dazzle. I tried using Virtual Dub, but I couldn't capture the audio. My OS is Windows Vista 32-bit

:dizzy:

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Did you select the correct audio source? (go to the audio tab in capture mode and check the correct one)

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Thanks for your help you guys. I just decided to get Pinnacle Studio 12, it captures just fine. But I have one more question

What settings should I use to get the best quality on YouTube? Using Pinnacle Studio 12 and the Dazzle

Saltix

Smash Lord
Wow, something I can actually help with!
I have a Dazzle DVC as well. I use the built in uploader in Pinnacle studio 12, you get videos of about this quality:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=walZsLZJIFg&feature=channel_page

Instead, I use Sony Vegas 8 to edit the video. I upload the file, and as ChiboSempai said, use the 640x480 resolution. I then encode it to WMV9 file, and upload to youtube. The result is a video of this quality (Watch in high quality):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0HpDzIGpCc&feature=channel

Hope this helps~!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Any Dazzle that is 100+ cannot use any other program apart from pinnacle studio 10 (and up), since it records in Mpeg format. The older dazzles, on the other hand, could because they recorded in avi which was perfect for programs like virtualdub.

I couldn't get windows media encoder working with my Dazzle DVC 170 :(

So yes, the best solution is to record in pinnacle studio, and then do the encoding in another program such as sony vegas, xilisoft, or virtualdub. You may have to convert your mp4's to avi's before the encoding/compressing process.

Top Bottom