• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What move/costume does it bother you that a character doesn't use or have?

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
It just feels like there's something missing about certain characters:

:ultmario:- Mario should have his tanooki and his frog suit as a costume.
:ultluigi:- Luigi should have Mr. L as a costume
:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina:- All 3 princess should have there sport outfits as a costume. It just make's more sense since they're fighting.
:ultpikachu:- Pikachu should have electro ball as an attack.
:ultjigglypuff:- It would be funny if Jigglypuff had her marker.
:ultyounglink:- Young link should have some mask as a costume.

:ultpichu:- Pichu should have sweet kiss as a move.
:ultbowser:- Bowser should have dry bowser as a costume (or maybe an echo fighter)
:ultdoc:
- Dr Mario should have different taunts....yeah.
:ultpokemontrainer:
- Squirtle having sunglasses as a costume.
:ultbowserjr:
- Bowser Junior should have baby bowser as a costume. And I feel like it was better if Bowser Junior used his paint brush instead of his clown kart. Baby bowser could use the clown kart instead.
:ultluigi::ultkirby::ultlucario::ultzelda::ultlink:- Being able to change final smashes.Or better everyone having 2 final smashes to pick from.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:ultrobin doesn't have a hooded alt. Little Mac has one and then some, so why not Robin? Additionally, he doesn't have a Grandmaster alt either.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Where's Dry Bowser at? Where's literally any shiny Pokémon at? Smh alternate skins are the only thing Smash is consistently lacking in

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina:- All 3 princess should have there sport outfits as a costume. It just make's more sense since they're fighting.
I think this one, at least as far as Peach and Daisy are concerned is due to the dress being a part of the moveset. With the sports or biker outfits, the dress is removed and thus visually wouldn't make sense watching an opponent being knocked over by the princesses crouching and spinning unless they alter the animation to make it a leg sweep.

Squirtle not having the Squirtle Squad leader's sunglasses is a horrible shame though:
Squirtle.jpg

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Snake's MGS1 Sneaking Suit.

It is hist MOST ICONIC SUIT from HIS MOST ICONIC MISSION on the MOST ICONIC GAME.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario is missing his Fire Mario palette. That's just wrong.

I also think that 6 of Mewtwo's 7 alternate palette choices could've been better; its body color hardly changes.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
WHY DOES PIKACHU NOT HAVE IRON TAIL!?

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Mario fire palette was my favourite ine next to brown Mario. (Is Luigi's Waluigi skin still in and does he have reversed L?if not then that)

Dry Bowser should be a skin
Hilda should be a Zelda skin

Jigglypuff having her marker in atleast a taunt
Pichu having different moves.
Luigi using his Vacuum
Daisy not pulling a Carrot or still using a toad

Not going in too much in moves, bwcause I would rework so many characters.

Also pokefloats

WHY DOES PIKACHU NOT HAVE IRON TAIL!?
Big ommision, they could yave just replaced a smash move with that

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Big ommision, they could yave just replaced a smash move with that
I know! I don't need a functional difference- I just need the visual changed to a glowing tail that can be charged.

Thanks for making this thread OP. Now i need to go back to my angry room.

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
Samus should have at least one different suit. Either the Prime, Super, or SR suit designs.
And I wish Pac-Man's color actually changed instead of just his gloves/shoes. I guess they wanted to keep his iconic yellow but you can play as differently colored Pac-Men in games like Pac-Man Battle Royale so there is precedent.

D

Deleted member

I'd like Kirby to have his Purple color from games like Squeak Squad and possibly Air Ride.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Anything for Shulk but Back Slash, I get that it was one of his first Arts in Xenoblade... But Stream Edge or Monado Purge/Cyclone as a projectile? Shaker Edge which can stun? Monado Buster? Anything but Shulk's literal worst tool in Smash...

Also his Eryth gear set was amazing.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Samus should have at least one different suit. Either the Prime, Super, or SR suit designs.
And I wish Pac-Man's color actually changed instead of just his gloves/shoes. I guess they wanted to keep his iconic yellow but you can play as differently colored Pac-Men in games like Pac-Man Battle Royale so there is precedent.
It was likely Bandai-Namco that did not want to change him- just like Sega with Sonic, and The Pokemon Company with the Pokemon.
Sakurai is not the reason we get crappy alts.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Bowser- Needs Mowser Suit
Bowser- Wedding attire
Young Link- Needs Majora’s Mask inspired moveset.
Wolf- Needs new FS
Olimar- Needs more interesting Pikmin based moves
Ness- No PK Music
Ganon- No Dark Magic?!
Luigi- Where’s Mr. L?
King K. Rool- Needs DKC2 & DKC3 attire
Wario- Needs Mario Tennis Aces gear
Peach- Needs Shadow Peach Alt from Paper Mario TTYD
Mario- Needed a Cappy hat throw move to replace F.L.U.D.D
Mario- Needs New FS
Luigi- Needed thunder balls (chargeable) from Mario & Luigi RPG.
Wario- Needs his punches back. I don’t like the fact he does slaps now. It takes away from his Tough Guy image.
Dark Samus- Wishe they could have used her Assist Trophy attack as a FS or some sort of basic attack.
Simon Belmont- Needs his full armor look as an alt.
Wii Fit Trainer- Needs a tad more range with her attacks.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Bowser- Needs Mowser Suit
Luigi- Where’s Mr. L?
Peach- Needs Shadow Peach Alt from Paper Mario TTYD
Luigi- Needed thunder balls (chargeable) from Mario & Luigi RPG.
Please defend these. I see you love the Mario RPGs, and they do deserve more love. But some of these are odd choices.
Whenever I read "Mr L as an alt," I read, "digging for an answer." But I want a fleshed out reason by this point. Why does Luigi need an alt at all?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Please defend these. I see you love the Mario RPGs, and they do deserve more love. But some of these are odd choices.
Whenever I read "Mr L as an alt," I read, "digging for an answer." But I want a fleshed out reason by this point. Why does Luigi need an alt at all?
Easy mode my dude. First off I’m a sucker for Alt costumes. Everyone usually asks for Peach to have sports gear which is fine but I’d like the option to pick a “Darker Peach”. That’s when Shadow Peach comes in. Also Luigi needs an alt because Mario has his Mario Maker & Wedding tux. Help a brotha out and give Luigi some love. Also giving Luigi his chargeable thunderballs would look awesome and be another move he can have that sets him apart from Mario. Lastly, yes I love the Mario RPG games and they get little to no representation and that make me sads and stuff. = /

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Easy mode my dude. First off I’m a sucker for Alt costumes. Everyone usually asks for Peach to have sports gear which is fine but I’d like the option to pick a “Darker Peach”. That’s when Shadow Peach comes in. Also Luigi needs an alt because Mario has his Mario Maker & Wedding tux. Help a brotha out and give Luigi some love. Also giving Luigi his chargeable thunderballs would look awesome and be another move he can have that sets him apart from Mario. Lastly, yes I love the Mario RPG games and they get little to no representation and that make me sads and stuff. = /
After Corrin became a thing I don’t think anyone needs to defend anything anymore. Let’s just throw everything in.

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
G̶a̶n̶o̶n̶d̶o̶r̶f̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ Luigi could benefit from some kind of vacume move. It would be more true to his character. I would probably replace his standard B, as i've always found it kind of boring.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
01) Shiny Pokémon Alts
02) Mecha Mewtwo Alt
03) Squirtle Squad Squirtle Alt
04) Spikey Ear Pichu Alt
05) Jigglypuff marker taunt
06) Ash Greninja Alt
07) Masked Lucina Alt
08) Hooded Robin Alt
09) Helmetless Mega Man
10) The missing Yoshi colors

Standlord

Smash Cadet
So, about moves...

:ultpit: I miss his brawl arrows. Give them just a little more speed and make them stay longer before disappearing. If anything don't make them spammable, but don't nerf their fun.
:ultjigglypuff: No fairy type move? Her current side b could become a "smash to perform" type of FAir, then she has room for one more special attack.
:ultpalutena: Lightweight, superspeed. Come on.
:ultbowser: Why doesn't he have fireballs as his neutral special like the sm4sh custom instead of fire breath?
:ultmario: Always bothered me that you cannot use F.L.U.D.D to recover horizontally like in sunshine.
:ultkirby: Hammer could become his side smash and make room for another special. Maybe the stag beetle one.
:ultpikachu: Iron tail could be his up smash. Also his final smash could be the pika z move and volt tackle could be his side b, that way Pichu keeps skull bash and there you go, another little thing differenciating them. At least they added more electric effects to side b.

I'm gonna stop the moves thing here, I've talked about some more in other threads and I would do many more changes probably so I'm gonna keep it simple this time.

Costumes:

:ultrobin When I watched his trailer for the first time during sm4sh days I was hyped hoping we could have a hooded alt. Nowadays I tthink he doesn't have it because then you wouldn't be able to set apart the male and female hooded variants in the selection screen, but that has an easy fix imo (just turn his/her hood to the side a little bit in the selection screen to show part of the face). Grandmaster Robin would be cool too.
:ultcorrin: Female should be the default.
:ultlink: Hylian armour set, with multiple colors. Climber set too. Dark Link will be missed if they don't add it as one of the color variants in the hero of time set (or however they called it, the classic set).
:ultyoshi: Come on give Yoshi all his colors. Little Mac can have 16 and Yoshi is stuck with 8? Wtf Sakurai.
:ultrobin:ultcorrin: Btw I'd like them both to have more colors too for each male and female versions.
:ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer: Give them shinies.
:ultmario: Sunshine outfit. I'd be very sad if they took away his fire flower skin. Aviator skin and many others would be cool but I guess that's asking for too much.
:ultkirby: Could have more colors too.
:ulttoonlink: Engineer's clothes.
:ultsimon: Lords of shadow costume, although I understand that they probably just want to keep it classic.
:ultolimar: Make Alph an echo with rock Pikmin. I don't care too much since I don't play Pikmin, but it's weird having only him as an alt when we have echo wars happening around him (Koopalings are a special case imo).

I think that's all.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'd love to have bearded Ganondorf as an alt like how you can have Young or Buff Ike. I'm not too thrilled with the OoT design.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I am kind of surprised they did not give tp ganondorf as an alt kind of like how we got both of ikes major designs.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
For Samus, I'm bothered that she doesn't use projectile normals like Mega Man or Mii Gunner.

Other than that, I find that complaining about moves that characters don't use is ridiculous and has lead to Ganondorf being ruined by giving him sword moves.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Should I write a 30 page essay about Ganondorf.

Because I can do that.
Not when it's going to devolve into the common complaints against his supposed portrayal when I can easily counter all of them.

"He doesn't use brawler moves in canon." He has a ground punch in OoT, a kick in WW, and an elbow strike and kick in TP (the lattermost being added since Brawl).

"Those moves aren't iconic." And yet no one minds when Mario doesn't use his Goomba Stomp nor when Zelda entirely looses her iconic Light Bow.

"He's a clone of Captain Falcon." And yet people want him to be a heavy sword wielder like Ike or an energy ball thrower with a reflect and teleport like Mewtwo.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
ROB should use the Ultra Hand for grabs.
Wild Link not having an Updraft recovery.
Little Mac not having a Super Punch-Out alternate.
Wario's just a crying shame in terms of representing Wario Land.
Mario not using a hammer in any capacity.
Inkling not having an Octoling alt.
Young Link not having alts where he wears different masks.
Bowser Jr. not shooting a Bullet Bill instead of your everyday cannonball.
King K. Rool not having his iconic deep soprano voice.
And finally, not having the option to switch back to Twilight Princess looks for the LOZ characters.

I could go on, but this is already 100% opinionated nitpicks. Smash has been killing it in terms of accurately representing fighters as of late.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
They didn't update Pikachu's Final Smash to be Catastropika? Really?!?

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Oh boy...

I understand what Sakurai in his latest interview; having to remodel the same model eight times with different colors and in some cases costumes is time consuming, and doing this for over 70 plus characters is a hard job for any development team. But I have always been annoyed that some characters sport some really cool costumes in their original games that never get seen in the Smash games, like how Luigi doesn't have his Mr. L costume, or Dedede doesn't wear his mask.

Fighting games are notorious for giving characters extra copious amounts of costumes for the characters, to the point where it became a bashing point when they became paid DLC (100 dollars for all the costumes in Dead or Alive 5, anyone?). And yet, Smash is a series that never took full advantage of that. The fact that we have Mario and Link sporting actual new outfits is a blessing, but still feels sad when everyone else gets the shaft.

Then again, the other characters had the one costume that they never changed, or came from a series that only sported one costume (Ness, anyone?)

Top Bottom