• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What move/costume does it bother you that a character doesn't use or have?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:ultdk:- A DK Jr. outfit
:ultkrool:- Kaptain K.Rool (which is still referenced with the Blunderbuss) and Kaptain K.Roolenstein
:ultlink:- Barbarian Armor, Guardian Armor (even though it looks really funky)
:ultness:- Pyjamas
:ulttoonlink:- Outset Island attire
:ultbowser:- Dry Bowser of course, wedding suit as well because it's hilarious
:ultmario:- Fire Mario, I mean, c'mon!
:ultluigi:- Fire Luigi? Is it still there? I would say Mr. L but that's way too ambitious
:ultmewtwo:- Shadow Mewtwo from Pokken
:ultsamus:- Samus Returns design, it was the PERFECT oppertunity to do so!
:ultike:- Path of Radiance Ike needs his Lord outfit, Radiant Dawn Ike needs his Vanguard outfit

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:ultmario: - No Fire Mario is criminal, was my go-to skin aswell.
:ultsamus: - Literally any other suit design, how she doesn't have an actual alternate costume yet is beyond me. Also, if we're talking moves: beam-switching.
:ultjigglypuff: - I'm going to assume the green bandana still isn't back.
:ultridley: - Zero Mission in-game colors (brown+red), we got the concept art instead.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I've never really liked how Mario throws his Fireballs. In his own games he throws them like a baseball, but in Smash they shoot from his palms. But that's just a nitpick.

I suppose the oddest thing is that Captain Falcon has a gun visibly in it's holster but never uses it. Guess he doesn't have to.

Also why doesn't Villager use a fishing rod for anything? He uses all of his equipment except for that one. How odd. They could replace his up tilt for being a stick to a fishing rod.

Finally, if you are going to give Mario his wedding outfit, Peach and Bowser need their's too.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Okay, greninja already has his black shiny costume. They just swapped the belly color so it does not look like s* edgelord like in the official games.

Ash Greninja I hope is part of the final smash. Maybe I am dreaming too much but the best fit would be giving Greninja a unique trait of using Ash-Greninja as a temporary stat boost after he knocks out somebody. Maybe even making his Shurikens automatically recharge potentially coming out instantly charged, to reflect him going around with a giant shuriken on his back that grows back every time he shoots Water Shuriken in the games. Maybe having the trigger be his final smash like, ZSS before, but only lasting for a few seconds?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:ultwario:'s chocolate and Game Boy colored alts from Brawl that got cut in SSB4 (and most likely Ultimate).
:ultmario:'s Wario colored alt he had since the first game that got cut in Ultimate. Also his fire flower alt that got cut.
:ultlink: not having his modern green tunic (not a fan of the Hero of the Wild outfit).

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'd mostly just like a number more alt colors. I imagine those hardly take any time to make, and more variety is always nice.

Considering we know characters have 8 colors from the demo, but Ridleys Meta-Ridley costume was oddly absent, I've got a hunch there's gonna be more than 8 costumes in the final game. Maybe they'll even adress this in a future direct. I'm hopeful.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
:ultike: should have magic sword beams like Link and Cloud like he does in Fire Emblem...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:ultmario: losing his Fire Mario and Wario colors, but keeping the Waluigi ones? Also not having the Jumpman colors since 4.
:ultmewtwo::ultlucario: not having their true shiny colors
:ultpokemontrainer: not having a Team Rocket trainer with Squirtle Squad shades, Shiny Charizard, and a black rose Ivysaur.
:ultzelda: looks a bit young and I preferred her colder personality
:ultganondorf: not having his Hyrule Warriors look. And also not having this as his Dorf Punch
:ultlink: not being a lefty

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ash Greninja I hope is part of the final smash. Maybe I am dreaming too much but the best fit would be giving Greninja a unique trait of using Ash-Greninja as a temporary stat boost after he knocks out somebody. Maybe even making his Shurikens automatically recharge potentially coming out instantly charged, to reflect him going around with a giant shuriken on his back that grows back every time he shoots Water Shuriken in the games. Maybe having the trigger be his final smash like, ZSS before, but only lasting for a few seconds?
Probably not happening. A promotional event established that the Greninja in Smash has Protean as its Ability.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Probably not happening. A promotional event established that the Greninja in Smash has Protean as its Ability.
Back then Battle Bond didn't exist yet. Lucario gained his mega in 4 as a final smash over the Kamehameha, so why not?

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice
Mario fire palette was my favourite ine next to brown Mario. (Is Luigi's Waluigi skin still in and does he have reversed L?if not then that)

Dry Bowser should be a skin
Hilda should be a Zelda skin

Jigglypuff having her marker in atleast a taunt
Pichu having different moves.
Luigi using his Vacuum
Daisy not pulling a Carrot or still using a toad

Not going in too much in moves, bwcause I would rework so many characters.

Also pokefloats

Big ommision, they could yave just replaced a smash move with that
Hilda for Zelda and Ravio for Link or Y.Link Please!

:ultmario: losing his Fire Mario and Wario colors, but keeping the Waluigi ones? Also not having the Jumpman colors since 4.
:ultmewtwo::ultlucario: not having their true shiny colors
:ultpokemontrainer: not having a Team Rocket trainer with Squirtle Squad shades, Shiny Charizard, and a black rose Ivysaur.
:ultzelda: looks a bit young and I preferred her colder personality
:ultganondorf: not having his Hyrule Warriors look. And also not having this as his Dorf Punch
:ultlink: not being a lefty
God, I would love seeing Warlord 'Dorf in Smash.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Mario should have a Dr. Mario alt costume, instead of it being a stupid separate character. And the FLUDD move should be replaced by a Cappy move at this point.

Young Link and Toon Link should use some of the dozens of other special weapons from the Zelda series instead of using the same Bombs and Arrows as adult Link.

Falco and Wolf should use the Sniper Rifle and Machine Gun from Star Fox Assault instead of all 3 Star Fox characters using pistols.

Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle should all be separate characters and all Pokemon except Mewtwo should have a Trainer.

:ultganondorf: not having his Hyrule Warriors look.
A thousand times this. I'll take his trident moveset as well.

"He's a clone of Captain Falcon." And yet people want him to be a heavy sword wielder like Ike or an energy ball thrower with a reflect and teleport like Mewtwo.
Why does having a heavy sword or throwing spells mean they have to be a clone of Ike or Mewtwo? At least, unlike kung fu racecar driving, those are things Ganondorf actually does.

If you're so attached to his old playstyle, ask for Black Shadow to be added with it and stop ruining Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
I'd mostly just like a number more alt colors. I imagine those hardly take any time to make, and more variety is always nice.

Considering we know characters have 8 colors from the demo, but Ridleys Meta-Ridley costume was oddly absent, I've got a hunch there's gonna be more than 8 costumes in the final game. Maybe they'll even adress this in a future direct. I'm hopeful.
Hmm interesting, I hope then that every character has unlockable colour schemes. That would be a very fun thing to unlock - unless attached to some repetetive training mode challenge mode like some fighters seem to have.

But maybe as a random drop or as reward for completing their arcade mode or something would be nice(break the targets would be cool too)

I hope that's where fore mario went. Btw was Luigi in the demo? Does he have fire luigi and waluigi?

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Shulk not having a Break-Topple-Daze mechanic kinda sticked out to me. During pre-SSB4 hype, I always envisioned this as his main mechanic when making movesets to him. I mean, it's the center of Xenoblade strategy, to me at least. Not to say I don't like the Arts stuff tho

Oh well, guess something similar could be implemented with Elma or Rex

And Link's costumes just being color reskins that resembles certain clothes from BOTW, not the clothes themselves. Kinda felt lazy to me, Fierce Deity and Drk Link-aside

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
:ultinkling: - Other hairstyles than the default ones
:ultkrool: - Pirate and Lab costumes (not deconfirmed but most likely)
:ultness: - Jammies
:ultpacman: - Actual coloured gloves
:ultsamus: - Fusion/Dark/Light Suit (not just colour changes)
:ulttoonlink: - Outset Costume
:ultlink: - an actual red link (doesn't appear in ultimate?)
:ultzss: - Justin Bailey leotard

Oddball

Smash Lord
Most of my picks are for Retro colors and costumes, so if you don't like retro...

Cloud needs some better colors. Give him a more distinct blue, a FF7 map screen purplish color, solid black, and a bright red with red hair (for the Fighter reference) But most importantly, he needs to be able to fight in a dress.

Why doesn't Donkey Kong have a move where he throws a barrel?

I'd love a retro Link costume based on the old NES style Link, you know with the big nose an the bushy sideburns.

Also for retro Mario in red overalls with red cap. A similiar suit for Luigi except in his colors. An ornage and slightly different orange Mario 3 fire Mario costume would be pretty cool too.

I'd love a Captain N Megaman and a bad box art Megaman color scheme.

While we're at it, Captain N Simon as well. I really don't care as much about a Captain N Pit. Really all you'd have to do is change his hair color, so that's not a biggie.

Ryu. I'm not asking for alts or character costumes, but he at least needs a colorscheme that matches Akuma, Ken, and Dan. Sean would be okay but I wouldn't be upset if he got left out.

Justin Bailey for Zero Suit Samus.

For Solid Snake, let's give him his old NES era looks. The Kyle Reese design from the original game and the red outfit with no sleeves from Snakes Revenge.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Where is DK's Coconut Gun? I wouldn't even mind if it was his Final Smash.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Where is DK's Coconut Gun? I wouldn't even mind if it was his Final Smash.
It was a real missed opportunity in Melee. They have to add a Side-B but they didn't consider to add the Coconut Gun, not even moving the Dong Punch to the Side-B spot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
:ultmario:Only uses Cappy in minor ways
:ultdoc:No viruses
:ultyounglink:No nods to MM that we know of

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Right now, the lack of Fire Mario is very irritating. A more traditional green tunic Link would be nice as well, like Ocarina of Time style. Not a big fan of Tunic of the Wild.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
:ultpit: There could've been a Pit with Viridi colors (since he had worked for her for a few chapters) or a Phosphora one with yellow/orange hair and a blue scarf (orange hair is underrated). Basically an outfit inspired by Uprising, not counting the Dark Pit one.
:ultpalutena: Honestly all her costumes having the same hair color kinda bothers me. She easily could've had Viridi-colored hair on her Viridi outfit, or black hair just like pre-monster Medusa (you can see this in the "Medusa's Revenge" animated short) with the Medusa outfit.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Shulk.
1. Holding the monado out in a combat stance.
2. Not using any real monado arts.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
:ultmario: - Should have alts based on power-ups...even that cringy cat suit...also the Black/Red color from Mario Galaxy is pimp af. I'm glad they gave him wedding and mario maker alts, its a start and I hope dlc will give costumes like this to all characters eventually, easy money for nintendo for re-skins...
:ultluigi: - See Mario...should use his Poltergeist in some way.
:ultbowser: - Dry Bowser...
:ultdiddy: - Stupid taunts, where are his sunglasses/boombox or guitar solo taunt? What a waste.
:ultmewtwo: - I've seen people wanting his mech suit thingy, but I just want his brown cape.

My biggest gripe...sigh...

:ultganondorf: my favorite Nintendo villain, and he still fights like Captain Falcon...the decloning process has been long and not good enough...I want him floating and having dead man's volley, they really dont know what to do with him and it's pathetic. I get they want to keep him the sameish for people who like the way he is, but we have 3 Links and 2 Zeldas (Technically..) why cant we have a brute Ganondorf and a Wizard Ganondorf who is actually true to his games? They put like no effort into him. What we have is OoT Ganondorf who fights with a sword, like TP Ganondorf and his other attacks are from Captain Falcon, while OoT Ganondorf really focused on magical attacks...what a cluster**** /end rant

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
:ultganondorf: my favorite Nintendo villain, and he still fights like Captain Falcon...the decloning process has been long and not good enough...I want him floating and having dead man's volley, they really dont know what to do with him and it's pathetic. I get they want to keep him the sameish for people who like the way he is, but we have 3 Links and 2 Zeldas (Technically..) why cant we have a brute Ganondorf and a Wizard Ganondorf who is actually true to his games? They put like no effort into him. What we have is OoT Ganondorf who fights with a sword, like TP Ganondorf and his other attacks are from Captain Falcon, while OoT Ganondorf really focused on magical attacks...what a cluster**** /end rant
No one wants Zelda to use her Light Bow, nor does anyone want Mario to use his hammer. Why should Ganondorf get his awesome moveset ruined further?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
No one wants Zelda to use her Light Bow, nor does anyone want Mario to use his hammer. Why should Ganondorf get his awesome moveset ruined further?
Oh look, its Quillion speaking for everyone again, classic :p

You're the best troll on here, grats.

Aaanyway, Zelda with a Light Bow would be pretty cool, great idea!

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Shulk not having armor sets from XC1.
No real monado arts aside from Speed and Shield. You could easily rename Buster to Enchant and turn "Smash" into Buster.
Monado Purge should have been a projectile.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Shulk not having armor sets from XC1.
No real monado arts aside from Speed and Shield. You could easily rename Buster to Enchant and turn "Smash" into Buster.
Monado Purge should have been a projectile.
At least, he gets his cooler arts in XC2...

That said, I wanted this:
Shulk Monado.png

Not
Shulk Buffs.gif

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
  • :ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina: Biker or Sports Gear. soccer rye plz
  • Linkle as an alt. costume for :ultlink:, if she's not in as an echo or unique
  • A version of :ultganondorf: that isn't hideous, thank you very much. I never use his OOT skin in Hyrule Warriors for a reason, people.
  • Is Spiky-eared :ultpichu: a thing in Ultimate? It should be.
  • :ultsamus:'s Official Metroid 2 Remake, Prime 1 or Prime 4 Suit. Actually, on second thought, how about just any suit that's not from Other M or Super Metroid.
  • :ultzss: is she keeping her Fusion Suit as an alt like in Smash 4?
  • :ultlucina:, :ultroy:, :ultchrom: and Lyndis as alt skins for :ultmarth:. Maybe squeeze in three other highly-requested agile sword lords in there, too, while we're at it.
  • :ultinkling: doesn't have Squid Sisters, Off the Hook, or Octolings as alts?
  • Hopefully Nintendo/Sakurai will be more creative with the :ultmiifighters: costumes beyond "hEy WhY nOt A hEiHaChI CoStUmE?" this time.
  • :ultsnake:'s MGS1 sneak suit, and Big Boss as an alt. skin
  • Have Roger Craig Smith voice :ultsonic:'s side-taunt from Brawl already, damnit!
  • It'd be nice if Mega Man's alts were all those Mega Mans that we see in his final smash.
  • :ultcloud: alt. pallettes that are actually easy to tell apart from eachother. If there's an 8-player match and everyone else is Cloud, and the only way I'll be able to tell which one I am is if I'm the one with the Crossdresser Cloud alt, I will do it, because I swore an oath that i would never allow myself to get lost in a Cloud ditto ever again.

• Either give :ultmario: back his old Down-B or give :ultdoc: better recovery. Miss me with that F.L.U.D.D. ****.
  • Get toad out of :ultpeach:/:ultdaisy:'s moveset. BEGONE, PUPPET!
  • :ultzelda: rework.
  • :ultpikachu: getting Iron Tail would be alright.
  • Replace :ivysaur: & :squirtle: with :003: & :009:.
  • I know it'd be asking for much, but I wish :ultkirby:'s copy ability was more than just his Neutral-B.
  • Maybe give :ultpit: his old Side-B? Annoying "HIYIYIYAAAAAA" included.
  • :ultpalutena: rework.
  • :ultwiifittrainer: rework.
  • Why is :ultsnake:'s Side-B still the slow*** Nikita? It looks like they sped it up in Ultimate, but tbh I'd rather they'd switch it out for the Stinger with the auto-lock.
  • :ultsonic: Either ditch the Side-B or ditch the Down-B. He don't need two spin dashes!
  • Can we please give :ultryu: better range? I know the moveset from his game was made with close-combat in mind, but this is Super Smash Bros, home of the Corrin Side-Smash. I think Ryu can handle extending his punches out a bit further.
  • :ultbayonetta: rework to be more fun and less competitively overpowered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom